【Chat】Are you afraid to chat in there?

• 回覆 154
  • Created
  • 最後回覆

Top Posters In This Topic

Braveness: should be courage or bravery - whichever.

I don't know how stupidity have anything to do with this. *shrug*

stupidity? I do not get. :(

Perhaps the cause of "stupidity" is " poor confidence"?

has anyone seen the film, "the darjeeling limited"?

oh i have not been on the net for a long, long, too long time!

i am from Taiwan and has 1/4 german background, but born and grew up in Germany... and now studying in Nebraska, USA

So how's everyone doing? And Miki, do you still remember me?

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

yayaya, courage:)

Well, cuz you know, stupidity or ignorance sometimes made people steadfast and even impulsive. XD Just as you said, I am too self-conscious and that always made me lack of confidence....

and that's exactly what I need for communicationsT.T

I have never heard of that film before. But I would like to watch it, lol

heyheyheyheyheyhey I wanna learn some German!!!!!! You gotta teach me some time!!!

:D

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Glad you mentioned about the key- courage. Without the courage, nothing can be done.

I could teach you some German and other lamguages, i guess, haha. I am really tired now... physically since just got back from a track meet :€

Oh all the girls listen, i am single now (again) and desparate to meet cute girls haha

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Yaya I concur.

Well, honestly I am suck at learning languages , since my pronounciation isnt precise at all. Also I cant memorize things very well. But you know, the most important thing is determination and persistence, along with interests, then nothing would be impossible.

I wanna learn French the most:D It's my favorite country--- of course, OTHER THAN TaiwanXD

Dude, it's helpless if you post it hereXD

Just go grab one from the girls around you---- cute ones with big and pure eyes, long hairs, sweet voices, and good body compositionsXD

jkjk, lol, but I myself need to focus on school works now, I have no time to make anyT.T

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

ugh, about the girls part i was only kidding

as i am seeing someone now though she is a but older than i am

So, after all, learning requires many points we hace talked about already... sweet deal

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 2 weeks later...

In fact,this is my first time to talk to somebody in English in the Internet!

I think that if we're afraid of making mistakes,we can't be successful,can we?

Just do my best to speak English well.

(Please tell me whether I have any mistakes about grammar or not.)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

I don't think I am afraid of chatting here. But because of my poor English, I would check it twice before I press enter.

I think it is okay to make the mistakes. It is important to have courage to show your English in front of others.

Pratice makes perfect.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 2 weeks later...
Yeah I do. :D

thanks!

Well, no, not scared at talking in this spot.

people point the mistakes you made just so you can improve.

when i speak english, i still have that transatlantic type of accent... If you did not understand it, either youtube or wiki a person named owen hargreaves, he is a great example of my kind of accent

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 1 month later...

I am a lazy boy who just started chatting here two days ago.

Say hi to everyone.

Go back to the topic.

If you ask me will I be afraid chatting here, it is hard to say. Sometimes I may fell a little embarrassed using some incorrect words, but to tell the truth, it is an initial to learn English. And that's why I practing here, organizing the vocabularies and remixing them into sentences.That is what I need to try, most important of all, the big examination is coming.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 3 weeks later...
I

Go back to the topic.

If you ask me will I be afraid chatting here, it is hard to say. Sometimes I may fell a little embarrassed using some incorrect words, but to tell the truth, it is an initial to learn English. And that's why I practing here, organizing the vocabularies and remixing them into sentences.That is what I need to try, most important of all, the big examination is coming.

Good point.

I wouldn't even appear in this place if Ice Cream Cat didn't "force" me to...

But after chatting in English with a few people, I found out that it's not that hard.

Everyone may make mistakes, using wrong grammar or wrong spelling was just common thing for me last year since I was still in the ESL program. :p

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

shut up, Skippy

XD

well, my grammatical errors appeared very frequently,

especially on SAT writing because of the limited timeT.T

but the thing is that we dont need high words while chatting in English.

Like when you talk to ABCs or Americans,

you will find that the once terrifying language is just a combination of some ordinary words, or vernacular, spoken by some ordinary people.

a problem in speaking happens when you couldnt understand a key word or some key words,

that kinda makes the communication hard, lol,

but on msn, no one ever use high words,

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
high words

I think you mean "long words" or "sophisticated words" or "uncommon words".

a problem in speaking happens when you couldnt understand a key word or some key words,

Yeah, this is where you ask them to elaborate. I still do it - particularly when I speak with people who do English literature as their university degree. >_>

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

yeah that's exactly what i wanna say.

actually i saw a lot of people use "high words" to describe some sophisticated words,

like my English teacher writes "you use a lot of high words, is that your own work?" when he distrust my written report,

and my American and ABC friends say that all the time:

high words, high cards, high grades, and etc.

So I think it's more likely to be a slang, though it's kinda informal and silly while using that in formal essay.

:)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
訪客 喚渡
Maybe it's just the States. Never heard of anyone using it here in Australia.

We say "big words." I am not sure if anybody else uses it. Or maybe that's just a simpler word my English teacher can make her only ESL student, which is me, to understand the comment she used to leave on my essays all the time. Ohh! How pathetic I am. :'(

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入