【Chat】Are you afraid to chat in there?

First of all, English expression is very different from Chinese expression

In general, you just need to get used to English expression (ie without translation, but really feel the language). You should read a lot, because you can learn many words and expressions from that. Preferabily, read it out loud. You don't have to always read books (well, books are the best), you can also read news; those on the websites are easier~

Ah, you can read lots of poems as well!! You should try to read them out loud, and do some simple analyse if you could, and then you can write some your owns, too-you can expand your vocabulary this way

It's not like a click~ then you can do something with ease.

I don't find it easy to express my feelings and everything in English either,

but at least I think in English when things are in English (e.g. school, assignments), on the other hand, I think in Chinese when things are in Chinese (e.g. when I'm reading Chinese poems) Although my reaction to English is not as fast as the native speakers are, I put myself into the language after all, as though I'm attempting to be engrossed with another part of myself.

Anyway, these are just some of my tips, hope you get what I mean-cheers^^

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 回覆 154
  • Created
  • 最後回覆

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure it's INCORRECT in Australia as I've yet to shake off the subliminal message of "DON'T DO IT" from all the red crosses I got as a child everytime I started a sentence with "and" and "but".

Hmm...just have found something interesting.

From the Lynch Guide to Grammar and Style:

Contrary to what your high school English teacher told you, there's no reason not to begin a sentence with but or and; in fact, these words often make a sentence more forceful and graceful. They are almost always better than beginning with however or additionally. Beginning with but or and does make your writing less formal; - but worse things could happen to most writing than becoming less formal.

[Entry revised 12 July 2005.]

In everyday conversation I may just start a sentence with but or and without hesitance but when it comes to formal writing itll depend on whos going to see my essay - and how old he/she is lol

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
First of all, English expression is very different from Chinese expression

In general, you just need to get used to English expression (ie without translation, but really feel the language). You should read a lot, because you can learn many words and expressions from that. Preferabily, read it out loud. You don't have to always read books (well, books are the best), you can also read news; those on the websites are easier~

Ah, you can read lots of poems as well!! You should try to read them out loud, and do some simple analyse if you could, and then you can write some your owns, too-you can expand your vocabulary this way

It's not like a click~ then you can do something with ease.

I don't find it easy to express my feelings and everything in English either,

but at least I think in English when things are in English (e.g. school, assignments), on the other hand, I think in Chinese when things are in Chinese (e.g. when I'm reading Chinese poems) Although my reaction to English is not as fast as the native speakers are, I put myself into the language after all, as though I'm attempting to be engrossed with another part of myself.

Anyway, these are just some of my tips, hope you get what I mean-cheers^^

I think I can understnad what you say.Thanks for you advice.:)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

hey guys, long time no chat!!!!! still remember me? XD

well, for me English isnt an easy thing, i am suck at learning languages and my pronounciation is kinda like a Thai laborXDDD

I have a lot of asian friends telling me that when i speak, i sound like a new comerT.T

and indeed my English improves very very slowly, lolllll, well that's probably my own problem= =

but i try to chat with my friends in english on msn everyday; i think it helps a little bit

:)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 2 weeks later...
Hmm...just have found something interesting.

In everyday conversation I may just start a sentence with but or and without hesitation but when it comes to formal writing itll depend on whos going to see my essay - and how old he/she is lol

The reason why high school teachers make it a "rule" to never begin a sentence with "but" or "and" is that it often ends up being an incomplete sentence if you're careless. But, once you're in college, professors will allow you to start the sentence any way you want as long as it's correct! =)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
I didn't find someone liking to study English in my school,who could help me raise my bad English...

Your thread makes me turn and look at your title.

Wondering if you study OT , PT or anything related to medical science.....

(Sorry for my poor vision if you do not, but I am studying OT.:E)

Ha! Ha! As for leaining English....I think you can develop a good habit.

Just like studying and listening to Studio Classroom or everything you are interested in.

In my opinion, our lives in college days are fantastic.

Give up accepting the stereotypes of lifestyles,

and learn what you are eager to know, for there is no limit in the rest of our lives.

Learing ourselves is an important lesson for us from now on.

Just hang in here. We are all on the journey. You are not alone.:p

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
Your post makes me turn to look at your title.

Wondering if you study OT , PT or anything related to medical science.....

(Sorry for my poor guesses if you do not, but I am studying OT.:E)

Ha! Ha! As for learning English....I think you can develop a good habit.

Just like studying and listening to Studio Classroom or everything you are interested in.

In my opinion, our lives in college days are fantastic.

Give up accepting the stereotypes of lifestyles,

and learn what you are eager to know, for there is no limit in the rest of our lives.

Teaching ourselves is an important lesson for us from now on.

Just hang in here. We are all on the journey. You are not alone.:p

Very encouraging! =)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I dont think i am afriad to chat in here, at least no in this forum,

even with broken grammar or simply wording,

since most of the people will never know who I am.

The reality is, why should i discourage myself?

People wont laugh at anyone just cuz he or she sucks at English,

and no one really sucks, i believe.

anyways,

the more you use a language(i personally think the best way is talking),

the faster you improve:)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
I dont think i am afriad to chat in here, at least no in this forum,

even with broken grammar or simply wording,

since most of the people will never know who I am.

The reality is, why should i discourage myself?

People wont laugh at anyone just cuz he or she sucks at English,

and no one really sucks, i believe.

anyways,

the more you use a language(i personally think the best way is talking),

the faster you improve:)

hey thats because you study in the us!

well im not afraid tho =P

i think chatting with friends in english is a good idea

you dont have to afraid of making mistakes when talking to your friends

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
hey thats because you study in the us!

well im not afraid tho =P

i think chatting with friends in english is a good idea

you dont have to afraid of making mistakes when talking to your friends

Yeah, true,

but it took me as much as a year and a half to be confident enough to leave any post in this forum, believe or not, lollllllllll

yeah i enjoy chatting in English;

i dont have to deal with my accent and pronunciation and things like that:p

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 2 weeks later...

I didn't be nervous and afraid to talk.But why do I seldom do it?I just don't konw what the subject can talk.In fact,I think my English is hopeless. In order to pass the exam or test,so I read it.It is useless in the life in Taiwan.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入