【討論】身分認同 Cultural identity

若是我被這樣子問時, 掌心向內握拳, 伸出中指及食指比V字就可以派上用場了. 呵呵.

身為經理做這種事很不當, 小心被告. 雖然不見得一定可以告成, 但是他會很麻煩的.

當年SARS時, 學校的網頁上依WHO的公告把台灣加註為"中國的一省". 我寫EMAIL去糾正並抗議校方企圖在公告中採取特定政治立場, 漠視台灣學生的感受. 最後公告改寫, 學校回信向我道歉. 英國人在這種地方還是會比較敏感及留意的.

台灣有出息的青年! :D

我現在有加入一個FAPA-YPG (Formosan Association for Public Affairs -- Young Professional Group) 的 mailing list

他們也是很注意台灣在世界上的地位

如果有哪個組織把台灣寫成 "Taiwan, Province of China"

他們都會像你一樣寄信去抗議

後果也大多是對方回信道歉 ^^

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 回覆 72
  • Created
  • 最後回覆

Top Posters In This Topic

我還有過中國同學說他支持台灣獨立的。不只有一個唷。很多人其實不在乎這個的。當然也有某些是民族教育成功的典範。仇美仇日,為支持祖國統一大業不惜一戰的。呵。

恩 我也有這樣的朋友

非中國的朋友也都認為台灣是一個國家

台灣人, 中國人, 美國人

多一種identity對自己只有好處沒有壞處

如果不是某一個國家的人還說自己是那裏的人 有什麼意義?

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
恩 我也有這樣的朋友

非中國的朋友也都認為台灣是一個國家

我們這邊很多人卻說台灣不是一個國家,

從台灣的ABC,菲律賓ABP,馬來西亞,越南,墨西哥,美國,

幾乎會defend台灣的只有我們自己台灣人了XD

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
若是我被這樣子問時, 掌心向內握拳, 伸出中指及食指比V字就可以派上用場了. 呵呵.

DEFINITELY not a good thing to do here. Firstly, he's my manager. Secondly, I like him. He's a nice guy. Thirdly, his intention is to get a reaction - which he did anyways. I got a little defensive - but that means I lost the game. I bet you anything that he's met enough Taiwanese to know that we all overreact in certain ways when touching on the two-strait problem topic so he was trying me out to see if I react the same way. Anyways, it's part of the Aussie humour - making fun of someone or something that is. There's no reason for me to get too over-worked about it.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
我們這邊很多人卻說台灣不是一個國家,

從台灣的ABC,菲律賓ABP,馬來西亞,越南,墨西哥,美國,

幾乎會defend台灣的只有我們自己台灣人了XD

台灣的那個 是因為他們是ABC不是ABT才那樣說的吧

如果他們觀念錯誤 你應該要跟他們講怎樣是對的囉 至少讓他們了解故事的背景

來 責任棒交給你

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
DEFINITELY not a good thing to do here. Firstly, he's my manager. Secondly, I like him. He's a nice guy. Thirdly, his intention is to get a reaction - which he did anyways. I got a little defensive - but that means I lost the game. I bet you anything that he's met enough Taiwanese to know that we all overreact in certain ways when touching on the two-strait problem topic so he was trying me out to see if I react the same way. Anyways, it's part of the Aussie humour - making fun of someone or something that is. There's no reason for me to get too over-worked about it.

Indeed very understandable, sometimes people are simply overreacting, or assumed that those people who asked such kind of question- do not have a clear idea of the actual situation.

It's funny, I still have people come to me and ask: which one is better, made in Taiwan or China?

Me: Well ( yawning), society is made up with a variety of people.----> this answer would be quite neutral and just being nice. lol

Bias version: you kidding me? of course, Taiwan is better... lol

Random fact about basketball in Taiwan: one guy from SBL has Genital herpes!

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
台灣的那個 是因為他們是ABC不是ABT才那樣說的吧

如果他們觀念錯誤 你應該要跟他們講怎樣是對的囉 至少讓他們了解故事的背景

來 責任棒交給你

no i actually meant both ABC and ABT,lolllll

the problem is people dont respect me at my school, perhaps i often act like a freakXD

okay seriously.

Those people dont even care about their nationality, l o l ,

so wat can i do XD

But Im glad some of my chinese friends had never talked about politics fiercely and aggressively=P

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Haha, calm down dear. I can imagine what Aussie humour is like. They got it from here. :E It is just like an English asking an Irish why the lawn is greener in Ireland.

I would not suggest you to do the V as you are a nice lady. But I would get away from it without any problem since that is an "as good as it gets" respond to a question like that. Just do it with a smile and he will get it. IT'S JUST A JOKE. I am well trained to deal with those "jokes", so are they.

Of course, if we have time, we can do without the V as well. If the person is an English, I'll fight back with a line like:-

"As you guys have been kicked out of Hong Kong with tears and are too afraid of what Chinese can do to you... Yes, my understanding is that the UK has been told by the Great China that Taiwan is not a country."

If he is an Australian.... let me see.....

"If being a country means people are so happy to have a foreign Queen as their Head of State, I would be pretty happy with what we have got in Taiwan, no matter it is a country or not."..

or how about simply..."oh, is Australia a part of the UK?" :p

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
Haha, calm down dear. I can imagine what Aussie humour is like. They got it from here.

Ummmm - I PARTIALLY agree because there are MANY times where I just DON'T get British humour. In fact, many Aussie girls get pretty ticked off by British boys and their humour. It's been 200 years afterall, mate. If 10 years is enough to change a culture, 200 years is definitely enough to make enough difference too. :p

"If being a country means people are so happy to have a foreign Queen as their Head of State, I would be pretty happy with what we have got in Taiwan, no matter it is a country or not."..

or how about simply..."oh, is Australia a part of the UK?"

ummmmmmmmm.....what? Are you suggesting that I should had done that? Don't think that will work either, seeing I'm Australian as well. ^.^|||

To be honest, I don't think I quite get you - if at all. Oh wait - it's British humour, right? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh - now it makes sense! XD

P.S. But seriously, I don't get a single thing you said about the V thing - hmmm - I think I'm gonna go downstairs and make some Oolong hai and go to sleep - before 3am!! W00t!

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Haha. MikiRei, Now you at least know how difficult to be in here and deal with those English people. ^^. It was a bit bitter when they intentionally asked me why our baseball team was beaten by China in Olympic….but thanks for the Australians, the Ashes are always a good weapon to fight back in an occasion like this.

Now; seriously….

I know you are an Australian citizen and have been living there for a very long time. So I am sure that you can handle those incidents by using your ways. I am NOT trying to give you any advices because that is a part of the life that only people live in the environment can truly understand. I have not been living in Australia and I know nothing about your manager or your other colleagues. I am not in a position to even give opinions.

Some English people tend to have a lot of opinions on foreigners, people from Ireland, Scotland, Australia, America, Middle East, India, and France etc... And they like to make jokes on what people are like in other countries. Taiwanese for them is not particularly of any interests since they do not know much about this part of the world.

I personally do not appreciate their arrogance that suggesting English are above everyone else not because I am a foreigner but because I believe equality. I do not think Chinese/Taiwanese are any better than others as well.

Nevertheless, living in this country means I will constantly witness this kind of unfriendly messages being packed into "innocent" jokes and hidden behind the of the name of "English Humour". Ironically, the UK has got very strict anti-discrimination laws and regulations. The UK is always proud of themselves for being open to difference thoughts, cultures, races, and political/religion agendas.

That is partially true. London is indeed a multi-culture metropolitan with millions of foreigners from all over the world working, studying and living here. But people may need to deal with those "English humour" from white middle aged males almost everyday. Sometimes a V , an equivalent to the middle finger in the US, with a smile is the quicker way to express that you are not available for another "joking section" but you thank him for his effort to try.

I would not say that all English are hypocrites or they are racists. But many of them are more than happy to be very sarcastic in some occasions and somehow that has become a very important part of English social life and a culture thing. It is not difficult to imagine that what kind of conversations may come out after a lot of pints of beer in pubs. It sometimes makes others uncomfortable but they still think those words are harmless jokes. I cannot to be too serious and warm them or report them everything when I think they have crossed the line. To deal with the things like this, I will have to be very sarcastic as well and fight back. Sometimes the jokes might sound mean but I am not the one who brings it on at the first place. As those are all just “jokes”, once people have learnt that you can play the game and will not take it seriously; they will feel that it is not that funny to do those jokes.

After all, what English really enjoy is to make you serious and then say: “oh, it is just a joke.” Once you have demonstrated that you are able to score an equaliser, this kind of jokes that particularly targeting your nationality or race will decrease. The notion of English humour is that you cannot prevent yourself from being hit, by lousy jokes, but you have to hit back and get even. Once everybody is hit, that is “having a good time” because we have all made jokes of ourselves. Bizarre it is, but that is the reality of living in England.

I know it may not be the case in other countries (may I say lucky you guys?) but I just want to share what I have been experienced in England. I am not really giving any suggestions to anyone because I trust you all know better on how to interact with people around you than I do.

I am not sure why a topic of identity eventually ends up to become a discussion about how to react when people asking about the Status of Taiwan. But I think it is good that we all share our experience with others and lean from each other.

I do want to apologise if I have not made myself clear in my previous posts or if I have made anyone uncomfortable. I did not mean it.

End of the serious part……

O.K. after typing all the words above, I think I feel even stronger that I will never see myself English no matter how long I have been living here….I dislike going to pub, binge drinking and English humour…..I think that was a criminal offence in this country and they used to kick all those “boring criminals” to Australia. …. Sorry…another 很冷的笑話.

所謂的英式幽默, 其實就是很冷且很爛的笑話. 如果您常被你的朋友嫌冷….英國會十分歡迎您的.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

I decided not to read...ok - this is mean. I'll read in a minute.

I wasn't being serious in ANY way in my last response. I was very tired and yeah, nothing made sense and I realised my response didn't make sense but I was so tired I couldn't be bothered fixing it.

Soz if it made....any ...weird....impression - if it did.

I'll read your latest post in a minute. It's time for lunch now. :p

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
Sometimes a V , an equivalent to the middle finger in the US, with a smile is the quicker way to express that you are not available for another "joking section" but you thank him for his effort to try.

Oh, THAT "V". I was thinking V for victory or something. Lol me. Yeah, a few of my friend does that - only to NOT actually give the one finger salute.

I dislike going to pub, binge drinking and English humour

I like the Aussie humour but yes, I dislike going to pub and parties - which seem to be part of the Aussie way of life - or should I say, TYPICAL Aussie way of life. All my friends hate going too. Well, they don't mind going to the local bar for a drink and pool and personally, I prefer that better, particularly if it has less people and tolerable music volume. :p

Ummmmmm.....I don't feel like writing any serious response because I have none and yes, I don't know how our conversation got up to this.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 2 months later...
The parental generation usually have a different view on raising children, they certainly are looking for benefits for their children, while in the whilst of all that, they could be lost and that could result the norm which Man UTD is talking about. To them, its all for the greater good, plus, we always know that in order to have a place in the white- dominance societiè... we must behave just like them.( maybe not exactly like them, but to be able to immersed yourself easily in the thier societié. )

Your environment also influences you of who you are, people around you, and the kind of culture you are dealing with... finally, surely your family!

In my case, you can take me out of Stuttgart, but you cannot take Suttgart out of me.

* This paragraph is only an hypothesis, not for REAL xD

Moreover, Liverpool certainly are having a good run in the premierleague right now, but just as you said, it is a long season... since 3months later the winter transfer window will be opened! However, Robbie Keane of Liverpool has yet to really present his worth to the Kop.

Well....it is now all over. What a season! xd

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

別人問我從哪裡來

我都說"I'm Chinese, but I'm from Taiwan."

兩個月前英文課老師在班上比較了全世界的Health Care System

(美國當然是惡名昭彰的爛)

老師特別對全班誇獎台灣的全民健保

還放錄影帶"Sick Around the World"給我們看

看的時候真的好驕傲...

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站