• 2 weeks later...
so here's the deal

the best way to improve your eng :

DO NOT VIEW IT AS A SUBJECT

it's my opinion anyway

take it or leave it.

xo

That's really a good suggestion.

By the way, find out what is your interest, and it is getting easy to learn English.

For example, I love to watch baseball games, Chien-Ming Wang's especially.

So, I would listen to English sportscasters' comments on the ball games.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Maybe the original purpose of the inquisitor is to improve his studying performance, isn't it? As far as I am concerned, I had been frustrated by the poor grades emerging one after another. However, just like what was mentioned above, I started to practice expressing in English, learning grammar by myself. Off course, I still kept up with the course in school. Gradually, I find out a fact that now I study English for both school courses and interest.

So my advice is that just trying to read some English books that are not beyond your ability.(It's better if you enjoy what you read.) And then read them many times to brush up on what you've learned.

Last but not least, I think it is extremely different to study English for tests or interest. I regard English as a way to broaden my horizons. However, I am under the pressure of school courses. My teacher often says, "The article you read now forms content of test paper in school. However, what you will encounter in the future tests is the article you will never read, so you need to concentrate on courses now to pave the way for further reading."

As the matter of the fact, I am skeptical of this because I think everyone of us just apply what we understand best to the process of learning or some tests. I prefer to accept MikiRei's thought she has mentioned in other places. You can just go ahead for further scanning.(http://www.student.tw/db/showthread.php?t=97282)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

I just browsed the opinions mentioned above.

I agree to use an English to English dictionary as a venue to bring everyone close to such a beautiful language. The subtlety of a language will gradually lose when it is translated into another one. Don't you think it is a pity for us that we can't enjoy the sheer beauty of something marvelous face to face. Therefore, I suggest to do so.^^

However, if you are not good at English, just try to abide by this steps by steps. (I mean you can try to use English to English dictionary gradually)Being too confident may refrain yourself from learning interest. As for your writing problem, I will think of it.^^

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Since I'm free from exams, I'm going to raid this page for some corrections :p (well, I need to leave soon actually. Meeting bf :p)

hi...

My English is poor,too.

But I should go to Australia to study this year.

So force oneself to read English.

Really have a result.

Don't give up.Come on.

My English is poor too but I will be going to Australia to study this year. Force yourself to read English. There really is a result.

You are so lucky that have the chance to there.

You are so lucky to have the chance to go there.

Hear English Songs

Listen to English songs

By the way, find out what is your interest, and it is getting easy to learn English.

By the way, find out what your interest is and it will be easier for you to learn English.

Now....for the most wordy one of all (thumbs up but do remember most people don't actually talk the way you write here ^.^;;;)

Maybe the original purpose of the inquisitor is to improve his studying performance, isn't it?

Leave out "isn't it?".

As far as I am concerned, I had been frustrated by the poor grades emerging one after another.

Emerging one after another....from where though? Do specify. English isn't as subtle as Chinese.

Off course, I still kept up with the course in school.

Of course

Gradually, I find out a fact that now I study English for both school courses and interest.

Gradually, I realised (or realized in American spelling *sigh*) that I now study English for both school and personal interest.

So my advice is that just trying to read some English books that are not beyond your ability.(It's better if you enjoy what you read.) And then read them many times to brush up on what you've learned.

So, my advice is to try and read some English books within your comprehension ability (It's better if you enjoy what you read) and then read them again multiple times to brush up on what you've learned.

Last but not least, I think it is extremely different to study English for tests or interest.

Last but not least, I think it is extremely different between studying English for tests and studying English for personal interest.

However, I am under the pressure of school courses.

However, I am also under the pressure of school courses.

My teacher often says, "The article you read now forms content of test paper in school.

My teacher often says, "The article you read now will be in the school's test paper.

However, what you will encounter in the future tests is the article you will never read, so you need to concentrate on courses now to pave the way for further reading."

However, what you will encounter in future tests are articles you had never read before. Hence, you currently need to concentrate on the courses taught at school to pave the way for further reading."

Personal comment: That didn't make sense to me :s

As the matter of the fact, I am skeptical of this because I think everyone of us just apply what we understand best to the process of learning or some tests.

However, I am skeptical of this because I think everyone of us are just applying what we understand best to the process of learning some tests.

Rewording:

However, I am skeptical of this because I believe the courses taught at school encourages rote learning of tests rather than the understanding of the language. (or something along those lines - I THINK that's what you're trying to say)

Ok. I'll check other posts later. I'm SERIOUSLY running late. Round of applause for Balie. I give you four thumbs up. Very good English. Just need some *further* polishing. If you talk the way you write, I believe you have no trouble going around English speaking countries. Cheers! :D

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Summer?! What summer! Frigging (can I use this?) cold here! *freezes*

I SWEAR this year's winter has been colder than usual. I don't usually need 3 layers of clothing plus a heater to keep me warm in Sydney's winter. I usually need one layer of clothing plus a cardigan that I may or may not need (and hence, is usually HALF on) to keep me warm. ARGH! *freezes some more*

Teen novels eh? Read "His Dark Materials" if you haven't already. It just won the best series of all time since Tolkien. :p ie. in the last 70 years

To continue with my raid:

I agree to use an English to English dictionary as a venue to bring everyone close to such a beautiful language. The subtlety of a language will gradually lose when it is translated into another one. Don't you think it is a pity for us that we can't enjoy the sheer beauty of something marvelous face to face. Therefore, I suggest to do so.^^

However, if you are not good at English, just try to abide by this steps by steps. (I mean you can try to use English to English dictionary gradually)Being too confident may refrain yourself from learning interest. As for your writing problem, I will think of it.^^

I agree to use an English to English dictionary as a venue to bring everyone closer to such a beautiful language. The subtlety of a language can get lost in translation.

Don't you think it is a pity for us that we can't enjoy the sheer beauty of something marvelous face to face? Therefore, I suggest to do said advice.

However, if you are not good at English, try to do this step by step (I mean, you can try to use English to English dictionary gradually). Being too confident may keep you from being interested in the learning process. As for your writing problem, I will think about it.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Thanks for your correction!^^

With your encouragement and timely help, I think I can do it well.

Actually, I am going to be a 12th student next semester.

Studying for my entrance exam is an important part of my life,

so I don't think I can go here as often as now I do.

However, I will still spend some leisure time browsing here.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Actually, I am going to be an year 12 student next semester. Studying for my entrance exam is an important part of my life so I don't think I can come here as often as I do now. However, I will still spend some of my leisure time to browse here.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
Summer?! What summer! Frigging (can I use this?) cold here! *freezes*

I SWEAR this year's winter has been colder than usual. I don't usually need 3 layers of clothing plus a heater to keep me warm in Sydney's winter. I usually need one layer of clothing plus a cardigan that I may or may not need (and hence, is usually HALF on) to keep me warm. ARGH! *freezes some more*

ohhh sorry :$ i forgot it's winter there XD

you have snow there right :]?

i've spent my winter vacation there to enjoy the summer sunbeams XD

(sorry for being too hyper:P)

Teen novels eh? Read "His Dark Materials" if you haven't already. It just won the best series of all time since Tolkien. :p ie. in the last 70 years

I don't know if I can find that one though,I can only find the one written by Philip Pullman @ Amazon.com :s

anyways im going to read

Gossip Girl series, by Cecily von Ziegesar

It's Not Easy Being Mean (Clique series), by Lisi Harrison

Bittersweet Sixteen , by Carrie Karasyov

i know it's soooo teeeeennn

I don't have the other way : |

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

yarrr me too

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
you have snow there right :]?

Southern hemisphere? No. That's only in the snowy mountains. Thank GOD there isn't snow. I REFUSE to clean up the pavement and the snow off my car everyday. >_>

I don't know if I can find that one though,I can only find the one written by Philip Pullman @ Amazon.com

Errr....yes. That is the one. It's a series, as follows:

1. Northern Lights

2. Subtle Knife

3. Amber Spyglass

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 2 weeks later...

OK! You said you are not good at writing!

I think you can put your learning emphasis on grammar and how to use every word you know.

Uh! First, I try to polish your quote.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm goot at speak→at + V-ing / N

but i can't write very well

when i write i cant' tell the other what i want to say

→the other? You didn't mention anyone in your quote, so you needn't use this word.

but when talk to my friend who from America i can tell him what i want to say

→Your grammar concept is nor clear. It is a more difficult grammar to explain, but I think your school teacher is prepared for teaching you this. I have a friend in your school. Your school teachers are really nice. Don't be afraid of asking them.

that a big problem→This sentence lacks a verb to talk about actions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

''After my polishing''

I am good at speaking English, but I can't write it very well.

When I write, I can't tell others what I want to say.

But when talking to a friend of mine from America, I can tell him what I want to say.

OK! I will give you more opinions!;-)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Uh! I guess you are sure to pay much attention to your English learning because your can share your thought with us. Moreover, I can understand what you want to say in spite of some mistakes. If you can't understand what I want to say, you can ask me!^^(I mean the opinions in the future because I am not sure if I can explain my thought well)

See you for a time being because I am also busy with mt schoolwork.

I will share my opinions with you if I am free.:D

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
I am good at speaking English, but I can't write it very well.

When I write, I can't tell others what I want to say.

But when talking to a friend of mine from America, I can tell him what I want to say.

Extra suggestions (or rather, an amp up)

My English speaking skills are good but my writing skills lack practice.

or

My English writing skills are not as good as my speaking skills

or

My English writing skills are not as advanced as my speaking skills

or

My English oral skills are formidable but my writing skills need more practice.

or

My English writing skills are not as formidable as my speaking skills.

That's just the many different ways you can express the same thing, using various different vocabulary and grammatical form.

I have trouble expressing myself in terms of writing.

or

I cannot express myself well in terms of writing.

or

My lack of formidable writing skill disallow me from expressing myself clearly through paper.

and so forth.

For the third sentence, you shouldn't start a sentence with "but". Rather:

However, when talking to an American friend of mine, I have no trouble expressing myself verbally.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入