【Chat】How many people have passed the GEPT ?

GEPT is nothing, if my boss or something asked me if I passed it I'd start talking in English and tell him to stfu

so if you passed lets just hope you have no problems communicating with others

for those who failed it, its nothing, just some stupid exam that people in Taiwan take and think they're superior over others

my 0.02$

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 回覆 82
  • Created
  • 最後回覆

Top Posters In This Topic

GEPT is nothing, if my boss or something asked me if I passed it I'd start talking in English and tell him to stfu

so if you passed lets just hope you have no problems communicating with others

for those who failed it, its nothing, just some stupid exam that people in Taiwan take and think they're superior over others

my 0.02$/

*laughs uncontrollably*

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

yeahh... i've passed the high- intermmediate one.

i agree it is useless and even a way for those greedy merchants to earn some dough :P

but i did take it; it might be a shame i know for being so wordly-minded, but generally speaking, it is useful for applying the department im going to study, since it is called "DIPLOMA" : P

in addition, i do not improve my english ability just because of a piece of paper, but view it as my friend (sounds fake but i mean it XD) I talk in english sometimes to myself XD,keep diary with my best friend in english , visit english websites/forums,read some english novels and i meet foreign net friends online.

aweee

it is my life !

and i do these things alllll out of my own interest ;)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

I passed intermediate years ago, tried high-intermediate but failed the second part. I've got no motive to take it again= =. I don't think it's worth the money and time.

TOEFL was no problem for me(IBT and the ITP)(quite easy actually), but GEPT....meh.

At least I can see some uses with that piece of TOEFL paper, not the GEPT one though.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
I was suggested that you should get as many certificates as you can in various exams.

Hmmmmmm - depends. Get the ones that are *useful* ie. internationally recognised. Otherwise, everything else is just a waste of time (and money for that matter). In terms of language proficiency, if you can DEMONSTRATE it on the fly, speaks more than 100 certificates.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Oh, God!

I'm taking the Intermediate next Saturday!!

Actually I should take it today, but the weird typhoon came to stop me XD

I'm very nervous

Cause it's my last chance! (I failed last time in the writing part @@)

I knew that it's quite useless in aboard, but not for a junior student as me!

I can apply to study English my own instead of having English lessons!

How wonderful that could be? HAHA

All right, back to the earth = =

I am facing it next Sat.

Pray for me @@

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

You'd never know it, but I failed the intermediate.

Full marks, too!

Except for the writing part:

just ONE POINT under the passing grade!!= =#= =#

I've lost my interest in the GEPT ever since.

----------------------------------------

Sure, TOEFL would be very useful,

(it can even get me exempt from classes!)

but it's too expensive for me,

especially since the exam fee has gone up.= =凸

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't really think GEPT is accurate....and I think it's just another way for the government to make money.My brother passed the high intermediate level....and me? Got just one question wrong in both reading and listening....but i failed the writing part BOTH times...maybe it's just because I didn't write in the way they wanted me to, but AT LEAST TELL ME WHERE I WENT WRONG! They didn't even give me a goddamn feedback...scored 965 on Toeic and didn't pass high intermediate...that's BS....= =

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

well...actually the test is not held by our government.

Go check the website you'll understand what I'm saying.

All this craze about GEPT is just because people are too focus on the certificate.

Frankly speaking, don't care about GEPT too much.

I've seen many of my friends who are REALLY good at English but failed the exam for certificates.

Then they complained a lot. :P

The thing is, as long as you have the ability to use English, you don't really need a certificate. =w=

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 2 weeks later...

I've passed high-intermediate level

I did pretty well in the first stage but in the second one I nearly failed.

I think speaking is the hardest part and although I did not do very well in that, I can say that there's only way to improve it - by practicing more.

We are not native English speakers so it is important for us to touch this foreign language little by little and we will finally find it better to be spoken out.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入