【Chat】How many people have passed the GEPT ?

• 回覆 82
  • Created
  • 最後回覆

Top Posters In This Topic

I passed the medium level....

now waiting for the cosequence of the high-intermidiate one...

I think among those GEPT tests

the speaking test is the hardest one...

So do I. Speaking is really the hardest test.

After all, there are few English-speaking surroundings to practice in Taiwan.:|

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 2 weeks later...

As a student who has passed the exam and has been studying abroad for 1 year, I might be in a better position to comment on this test. In my opinion, this test is absolutely useless...I even thought that it was a trick to cheat us of our money as it is not approved by any schools here in Australia and its practicability is fairly low as well.... So, I personally would recommend that you guys take IELTS or TOEFL. Anyway, I guess the point is to be aware of what the real ENGLISH is like and be able to reflect on the lesson of my experience.T_T

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
well.. I really think GEPT is a waste of money.....

By that, I mean it is useless.

Not a lot of people would recognize that anyway...(other than institutions in Taiwan.)

In this case, since you still have to take TOEFL anyway, why wasting time sticking to this exam?

well, what you said was not wrong.

But it is sad that I have to say, more Taiwanese people knew GEPT than TOFEL or TOIEC.

And obviously now people accept GEPT easier than other recognitions.

( I don`t know why , but this is what I see. )

Anyway, my mother told me that when I`m in Taiwan I should just acquiesce in the trend.

If I need to go abroad someday, then I should prepare for TOFEL test.

This are just my personal opinions. No offense.(H)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

yah... your opinion justifies itself.

but I mean, in the case that the institution accept GEPT, there will be no way thtat they don't accept TOEFL or TOEIC since these two tests are more standardized.

so... whether you need it or not, it is better concentrate on TOEFL or TOEIC rather than on GEPT...

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
well, what you said was not wrong.

But it is sad that I have to say, more Taiwanese people knew GEPT than TOFEL or TOIEC.

And obviously now people accept GEPT easier than other recognitions.

( I don`t know why , but this is what I see. )

Anyway, my mother told me that when I`m in Taiwan I should just acquiesce in the trend.

If I need to go abroad someday, then I should prepare for TOFEL test.

This are just my personal opinions. No offense.(H)

Everyone has their own concern, so it's up to you. If you think that's the best way, then go for it.(H)

My experience was that passing the middle level doesn't really help.. Schools in Australia were reluctant to enrol me although I had a decent school result. So, I have to sit for another test, IELTS.

Another point to stress is that GEPT is relatively easy and it's so called "level of English" is corresponding to those students in Taiwan. Therefore, a high mark in GEPT means that you are only good in Taiwan. That's the lesson I learnt...

By the way, I think starjimmy is right. There is no reason for any institution or company to approve only GEPT but TOEFL or IELTS...

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
well.. I really think GEPT is a waste of money.....

By that, I mean it is useless.

Not a lot of people would recognize that anyway...(other than institutions in Taiwan.)

In this case, since you still have to take TOEFL anyway, why wasting time sticking to this exam?

I agree with you

I past elementary only.....

Maybe I am the worst here

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
I agree with you

I past elementary only.....

Maybe I am the worst here

Don't be so humble (?)

Someone still can't write a "middle level's" sentense

ex: the 6 W's

THE GEPT is easiest way to prove your ability in front of the professors,after all

DO YOU REALLY NEED TO TAKE "TOFEL" or "GMAT" for UNIVERSITY??

NO, They only want someone who graduate from Chien Kuo High School !!

Sure, TOFEL is important , but not right now for me...

Wasting money for GEPT,then why still many take it?

Are they s$%^&d ? NO! They take it for promotion !!!

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
If you passed it

whether share the reflections with others xd

Nice! Someone from HSNU~~~ It has been somewhat hard for me to find someone to talk with in English except the ones from my class... :s

I have passed the GEPT High-Intermediate level last December. In my opinion, the speaking and writing part of the test is much harder than the listening and reading part, as it had taken me twice to pass it.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 8 months later...

I passed the first part of the high-intermediate exam but failed twice in the second part.

Is it a waste of money?

I think the situition would be different to different people.Since GEPT is now well recongnized by many schools or companies, you can take the exam if you only want to have a certificate. But,honestly, the result of test can't really show how much you have mastered the language. At least I think so.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
But,honestly, the result of test can't really show how much you have mastered the language.

It's a certificate. It's as useless as an university degree. All you get is a piece of paper that states that you've fulfilled certain criteria set by a board of committees of academics *cough*. All will be revealed when you're forced to use it in practice. Rather than using a piece of paper to demonstrate your so-called competence, use your own judgement. I find that more useful than anything else. Certificates are just a materialistic decoration for the sake of pleasing others (though sometimes for the purpose of enlarging your head as well :p)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
Don't be so humble (?)

Someone still can't write a "middle level's" sentense

ex: the 6 W's

THE GEPT is easiest way to prove your ability in front of the professors,after all

DO YOU REALLY NEED TO TAKE "TOFEL" or "GMAT" for UNIVERSITY??

NO, They only want someone who graduate from Chien Kuo High School !!

Sure, TOFEL is important , but not right now for me...

Wasting money for GEPT,then why still many take it?

Are they s$%^&d ? NO! They take it for promotion !!!

Sightly bit of discrimination, wasn't there? (however, smirks.)

For all who think that academic degrees are less impotant than bank notes: The more certificate you have, the more tricks you can play (with the academic system).

For all who want to suceed: Go on, there are a vast collection to walk through.

For all who want to archive the true self: Follow your own intuition.

Even though the process of obtaining a degree / certificate / et alia is tedious and sometimes (practically) time-wasting and not-necessary, some (of us, and of them - the tenants at the Ministry - of education) value them high. Getting a certificate means one of the ways to succeed but there're other ways.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

I've passed the high-intermediate exam. And I have to say that if you want to pass the exam of GEPT, the best period of time is when you are in the third grade in senior high school. Because during that period of time, you will spend a lot of time preparing for the college entrance exam and your English level will improve a lot. I don't think that you have to pay extra time to prepare for GEPT. But I know that speaking is a difficult part for a lot of people. I suggest that you can listen to the radio in English and have your magzine with you and repeat what the teacher speaks on the radio. I hope that can help you.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

I have passed the intermmediate one.

What I want to say is~English is a communicating tool.

You certainly need to "use" it a lot, but not practice only, in order to improve your English.

And of course, if you use it well , you'll pass it without considering too much about what to prepare.

To speak frankly, if you did not pass that but used English well, then there's no difference between you two!!

So....learn English without pressure and you'll find out that easily can you use English!!:p

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入