【Chat】 A woman named Bakey.... made me angry...

(i was in my friend's house in the U.S. There was a women(Bakey) coming in, who is a friend of the host.)

Karen-the host

Jabbi-me

(the door was opened)

Karen: hi

Bekey: hi, how are you?

Karen: good!

(i was printing some paper)

Karen: let me introduce to you. this is Jabbi.(pointed me) she's here from Taiwan.

Bakey: oh! hi, are you doing homework?

Karen: no, she wants to go to school here, so she's printing some paperwork.

Bakey: oh! that is not gonna be fun!

I didn't say anything...

(i was thinking: what!? what are you saying?! = =' it will be so much fun! everybody heard the news all said: oh! good! how fun!... that kind of things...)

Bakey: you know what? I've been to Taiwan.

Jabbi: oh! really?

Bakey: yeah! me and my husband went to Hong Kong, Korea and Taiwan.

Jabbi: oh, good! do you like Taiwan?

Bakey: no!

(i was thinking: what?! ok,fine! what's the reason?= ="" )

i didn't say anything...Bakey kept saying...

Bakey: because we went to hong kong everybody can speak English, we went to Korea,they don't speak so much english but they can write english, and then we went to Taiwan, most of the people don't speak english.

(i was thinking:just because they don't speak english?! fine! so why don't you speak chinese! who do you think you are!? everyone should speak your language?!)

ok, story's over!= ='

what made me mad is that she's so rude!!! !!!

do you know what i mean? do you know what is that kind of feeling?

文章分類不對了喔 :D

已經幫您修改過

另外請務必記得不要使用不雅字眼

已修正

BY版主

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Yup, I know what you are talking about and I know how that feels. Sometimes rude people just can't help themselves; maybe they don't mean any harm but they just don't think before they speak.

As for this woman, if she dislikes everyone who doesn't know how to speak English, then it would be her loss because she wouldn't have the chance to learn a different language.

Don't hold the grudge too long- you should be thankful that you have better manners and language skills than hers.

By the way- I suppose that her name is Becky not Bakey, right? :D

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

you cant help it XDDDD that's in the yanks mind, everyday!

Becky= short for Rebecca ;)

and dont take it too seriously, since it's not your loss but hers!

life is too short, dont waste your time on certain people like this woman :)

wish your host family is nice though!

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 3 weeks later...
so why don't you speak chinese! who do you think you are!? everyone should speak your language?!

Yeah.... I have the same question for every person who speaks English as their first language.Why do we have to speak English when we go to the States but most Americans don't speak Chinese in China or Taiwan?:^)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

I understand what it is like to feel insulted. Well, I think it was very rude and inconsiderate of her to say that, as she didn't really care about how you feel. That was the worst manner I have ever seen! My advice, is don't care. This sort of people deserve to pay the prize eventually. It's called karma...hahaha(H)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
I understand what it is like to feel insulted. Well, I think it was very rude and inconsiderate of her to say that, as she didn't really care about how you feel. That was the worst manner I have ever seen! My advice, is don't care. This sort of people deserve to pay the prize eventually. It's called karma...hahaha(H)

Is it called Karma? i thought it's Samsara... because Karma is like how you perform your life, but samsara is having the consequences

請勿使用縮寫

已修正

BY 版主

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
Is it called Karma? i thought it's Samsara... because Karma is like how you perform your life, but samsara is having the consequences

Oops!:p

Actually, I am not quite sure.^^|||

I think that karma is the retribution or reward we get resulting from what we have done, no matter it's good or bad...so sometimes we might have a good karma as well....?

I picked up this term form an article which criticise the immoral policy of China - the one child policy, and it states that being "fruitless" will be the karma of murdering female infant. (I guess the term, "fruitless", used here means having no offsprings:p )

I have no idea about what samsara is, but I think they both are religionary termsxd ...probably came from India??

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 3 weeks later...

Dont be mind thou...

and the most important part is..

Dont be dissapointed to the American..

that just a little bit part of them right?

and, I had met more ruder people than this....

if you really stay in U.S.... you gonna meet too many ,too many very frustrated things

when you are attend to school.

There are lots struggle waiting for you ...

I'm not kiding, or scare you meanly....

Just hope you can be more stronger to face those stuff.

請勿使用縮寫

u = you

已修正

BY 版主

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
訪客 carroll.lewis

The truth is---they're generally arrogant. But not only Americans,

you can easily find such people who never show their respect

to someone from an "inferior country" as they thought,

even here.

Fortunately, you learned that, and you know how that feels.

Just don't do the same thing as that lady.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 4 months later...

Haha! Tell her to go to Japan. THEN she'll be even MORE angry. Seriously, I went to Japan and my mum kept speaking English and people just run away. Didn't even say sorry or anything. Just stared at my mum as if she's an alien from outer space, and runs. *sigh*

Anyways, Bakey is a sad, close-minded person. This is when you sit there, stare at her with a big smile on your face and think to yourself, "What a sad, sad person you are. I feel soooooooo sorry for you." :p

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
Haha! Tell her to go to Japan. THEN she'll be even MORE angry. Seriously, I went to Japan and my mum kept speaking English and people just run away. Didn't even say sorry or anything. Just stared at my mum as if she's an alien from outer space, and runs. *sigh*

one japanese tv program said that they are not cold, but shy. they are afraid of speaking english cuz of the accent. so...that's why...it's problebly a big misunderstanding...

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
one japanese tv program said that they are not cold, but shy. they are afraid of speaking english cuz of the accent. so...that's why...it's problebly a big misunderstanding...

Oh, I understand that. I just always thought what they've depicted in mangas was an exaggeration. Clearly not. Most just gave a worried face because they didn't know how to answer my mum - until I came in and talked to them in Japanese. Then they breathe a sigh of relief :p It was just this one old lady's reaction that was a little put-offing. She literally took one look at my mum and stalked off without another word. Other people at least gave an apologetic bow before walking off.

My mum would have been better off speaking Mandarin or Taiwanese because most tourists who go to Hokkaido are Taiwanese. In all of the tourist attraction areas, they either hire Chinese or the locals themselves have learnt some Taiwanese. It's quite interesting. :p

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

i had an experience like yours

few years ago i went to US,my uncle tell me something about his business,

he told me that he had been to TW about 10 yrs ago,and there was only two things

come into his mind, which impressed him a lot

one is TW had so many moto-rider,and the traffic in TW,especially in TP, was not so good

and the second is that TW was not an english-friendly country, and he couldn't travel around easily that time

and now i think the two things above hasn't been change so much

so there's much work we need to do to improve the impression we give the foreigners.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Anyways, Bakey is a sad, close-minded person. This is when you sit there, stare at her with a big smile on your face and think to yourself, "What a sad, sad person you are. I feel soooooooo sorry for you." :p

you can say that again!

japanese always speaks english in a strange ancent...:P

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
Oh, I understand that. I just always thought what they've depicted in mangas was an exaggeration. Clearly not. Most just gave a worried face because they didn't know how to answer my mum - until I came in and talked to them in Japanese. Then they breathe a sigh of relief :p It was just this one old lady's reaction that was a little put-offing. She literally took one look at my mum and stalked off without another word. Other people at least gave an apologetic bow before walking off.

My mum would have been better off speaking Mandarin or Taiwanese because most tourists who go to Hokkaido are Taiwanese. In all of the tourist attraction areas, they either hire Chinese or the locals themselves have learnt some Taiwanese. It's quite interesting. :p

that's so polite they bow :o

yayy the clerks in Hokkaido even talked to me in chinese =O

but i ansered them in japanese XDDDDD

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

one is TW had so many moto-rider,and the traffic in TW,especially in TP, was not so good

and the second is that TW was not an english-friendly country, and he couldn't travel around easily that time

and now i think the two things above hasn't been change so much

I just came back from Taiwan 3 weeks ago and I can say, the first is definitely still true. I couldn't STAND Taiwanese traffic. In fact, I don't understand it and I hate it how when I'm crossing the road, cars just keep edging closer and closer and you're like, "Would you just WAIT? I'm trying to cross the road." Another aspect that makes me queezy is the fact how people can ride bikes WITHOUT helmets. It's exhilirating I have to say but still, I feel uneasy when I AM riding the bike on the road because cars in Taiwan do the wierdest thing, for example, U-turning at a T-intersection or a 4-way intersection. So many times my mum and I were gripping to our seats when riding a taxi. It wasn't the best experience. What made the biggest impression on me about Taiwanese traffic is the statement my uncle made about traffic lights there.

He said: 台灣紅錄燈只限當摻考 = =|||

I was completely speechless after this.

As for the second point, it's still true but not as noticeable as it was say 10 years ago. There's more effort placed when writing English instructions or directions around streets or in certain shops or offices. There's less mistake this time when I went back. Of course, more improvement is still needed.

japanese always speaks english in a strange ancent...

So WHAT is a NORMAL accent? There's quite a number of different (native - as in English as first language) English accents as follow:

1. British (or English) accent

2. American accent

3. Scottish accent

4. Irish accent

5. Australian accent

6. Kiwi accent (or New Zealand accent)

7. South African accent

8. Canadian accent

There's probably more. Just listing off the top of my head.

Well, anyways, it's probably more accurate to say that the way Japanese learn to pronounce English isn't ..... well.....realistic enough. They use their katakana to spell out English words, resulting to pronouncing "v" as "b" and not able to differentiate between "l" and "r" sound, adding extra syllables at certain endings such as "ride" becoming "raido" or "morning" becoming "moruningu", resulting to what the Westerns call as "Engrish".

>< Anyways, I don't think it's quite nice to say someone who's learning English as a second language to have a wierd accent. Just my thought .....Yes, they do sound wierd in our point of view, but probably use that description a little more sparingly ^.^;;;

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

>< Anyways, I don't think it's quite nice to say someone who's learning English as a second language to have a wierd accent. Just my thought .....Yes, they do sound wierd in our point of view, but probably use that description a little more sparingly ^.^;;;

Yes, some words I used are not proper enough, I'll notice that afterward.

but i think we can easily recognize one is a japanese by his accent, that is still true.:$

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
Yes, some words I used are not proper enough, I'll notice that afterward.

but i think we can easily recognize one is a japanese by his accent, that is still true.:$

i can recognize

- chinese accent

-korean accent

-spainish accent (it's more confusing)

-japanese accent

-american accent

-english accent

and otherssss mehhhhhh

=]]

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
i can recognize

- chinese accent

-korean accent

-spainish accent (it's more confusing)

-japanese accent

-american accent

-english accent

and otherssss mehhhhhh

=]]

bet you cant recognize german and scandinavan, french, middle eastern, and eastern euro accent, maybe a bit South African...

those accents can be easily identify...

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入