【Recommend】Samurai Girl

Check this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOq2jPbrlHU

Rest of the episode in related links. Anyone watched this? I don't know whether to be incredibly amused or incredibly insulted. In the space of 10 minutes, the show commits every single type of Asian stereotype errors you can possibly think of.

1. Japanese family living in a CHINESE style house

2. Japanese girl speaking perfect English with perfect North American accent despite never setting foot outside of Japan. Not to mention, not being able to pronounce Japanese names properly ^o)

3. Her kimono doesn't seem tight enough her body and she's wearing CHINESE STYLE BOOTS instead of those platform sandals Japanese tend to wear when wearing kimonos. (You'll see her shoes when she gets chained by ninjas around 8mins - yes - NINJAS)

4. Girl getting into an arranged marraige just to save family face/name

5. Using Chinese actors as oppose to Japanese actors because....well...we all LOOK the same?? = =""

Any comments welcomed. I've only watched the first part (I REALLY don't feel like watching anymore)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

You know what? I bet they filmed this in China Town :) Most Americans probably couldn't tell tell the difference so they didn't bother with the details...

Someone once said she's Korean and her American host asked if she spoke Philipino and grew chop suey...

As for Point 4 I think all Eastern Asian cultures do it...

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 2 weeks later...

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入