【Question】The coming mock test

well...maybe predecessor will be better word here

It is pretty hard to .....find out this kind of usage

There's no word for it of course. We usually just say "this person in the year above me". However, Japanese scanlations done a pretty good job with this term - they say seniors - which works fine. Predecessor sounds like......someone from 100 years ago. Say that to any native English speakers and they'll look at you with a puzzled face (in the context you're writing in anyways). Whichever term that people understands is probably fine in the end. If you're talking to native speakers though, it's probably best to just say "people x years above me".

As for in the context you're writing in, "To the people in the years above us" is probably a better alternative.

Also:

Second,

Should be "Secondly"

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
There's no word for it of course. We usually just say "this person in the year above me". However, Japanese scanlations done a pretty good job with this term - they say seniors - which works fine. Predecessor sounds like......someone from 100 years ago. Say that to any native English speakers and they'll look at you with a puzzled face (in the context you're writing in anyways). Whichever term that people understands is probably fine in the end. If you're talking to native speakers though, it's probably best to just say "people x years above me".

As for in the context you're writing in, "To the people in the years above us" is probably a better alternative.

Also:

Should be "Secondly"

Thanks for telling me this, really.

:E

By the way, we are a little going too far....

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
I usually go around this forum correcting English mistakes etc. Sometimes I do a "raid" through threads - it's just an expression I'm using just for fun. :p

That's fine.

To my amazement, there are so many foreigners know this forum.???

Maybe that makes us correct our mistakes inch by inch, and perhaps one day we will be skillful at English.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

To my amazement, there are so many foreigners know this forum.

Actually, no......most "foreigners" get kicked out of this site just because they can't provide a Chinese name. (well, not kicked out. They can't even sign up. Or they sign up and several days later get a notice from the moderators and if they don't provide a Chinese name within 15 days, they're kicked out - pretty lame. In fact, I find signing up to ANYTHING in Taiwan incredibly difficult. I hate it especially when they ask for personal details)

I hope you're not thinking I'm a "foreigner" because I'm not. I'm Taiwanese. It's just that my family immigrated to Australia since I was 6 years old so though I'm still fluent in my Mandarin, English is more my dominant language since I was educated (and still am) entirely in Australia (the only education I had in Taiwan was kindergarten - and more than half of that was spent in some private American language school so I think only 1% of my entire education was under the Taiwanese education system = =|||)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
Actually, no......most "foreigners" get kicked out of this site just because they can't provide a Chinese name. (well, not kicked out. They can't even sign up. Or they sign up and several days later get a notice from the moderators and if they don't provide a Chinese name within 15 days, they're kicked out - pretty lame. In fact, I find signing up to ANYTHING in Taiwan incredibly difficult. I hate it especially when they ask for personal details)

I hope you're not thinking I'm a "foreigner" because I'm not. I'm Taiwanese. It's just that my family immigrated to Australia since I was 6 years old so though I'm still fluent in my Mandarin, English is more my dominant language since I was educated (and still am) entirely in Australia (the only education I had in Taiwan was kindergarten - and more than half of that was spent in some private American language school so I think only 1% of my entire education was under the Taiwanese education system = =|||)

I am just trying to express my question, do not take it too seriously. After all, whether a person is a foreigner or not is such a controversial issue here in Taiwan.

Whow, but for me, I have same problems when registering a code in foreign websites, they ask me for my zip code.= =""

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
I am just trying to express my question, do not take it too seriously. After all, whether a person is a foreigner or not is such a controversial issue here in Taiwan.

Huh??? ....................*shrug* - whatever

Whow, but for me, I have same problems when registering a code in foreign websites, they ask me for my zip code.

Registering a CODE? What do you mean? Most forums don't usually ask for your address. If you're signing up or trying to buy something online, well, usually, choosing the correct country solves the zip code problem ie. they don't ask for it anymore.

What I'm saying is, whenever I try to sign up to anything that should only require a username, password and email in Taiwan, they ask for all three plus other personal information. For example, my brother forgot his password for his yahoo mail. When he tried to retreive it, they asked for his national identification number (this is for yahoo mail Taiwan) and my brother was like, "Huh??" - stuff like that. Most English sites just ask for your email and sends you a new password to that email - which is way more convenient - in my opinion anyways but whatever - we're TRULY off topic now.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入