【Chat】Eurovision 2008

Eurovision 2008

esc2008logo-RESIZE-257-172.jpg

This years Eurovision is just AWWWESOME. Pity here in taiwan weve got no networks to broadcast the contest, yet Ive been watching some clips on youtube and do think Germanys performance is definitely the best among all of the countries (whilst if they can remove those naff poses itll be perfect :p) Cant wait for the final.

Watch: Germany Final

So which participant is your favourite?

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

please dont be bring this up XD

you are not us(europeans) jkjk

but really, that show is good- not great.

Ola Salo got famous because of the show and i saw him at ruisrock before!

i havent check out the possible candidates yet... Last year was OK

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
please dont be bring this up XD

you are not us(europeans) jkjk

but really, that show is good- not great.

Ola Salo got famous because of the show and i saw him at ruisrock before!

i havent check out the possible candidates yet... Last year was OK

Youre being patronising *gets hurt*icon_rolleyes.gif

kidding lol icon_lol.gif

Anyways back to the thread. The contest is unlike any other in the world imo. So far I havent seen such a huge show that almost 50 countries take part in. I mean its an international thing - you can see different cultures are brought onto the stage by different people from different countries and for me it is quite exciting. Perhaps youre getting tad underwhelmed because of the same format of the programme every year?!

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Not really international when you look at its only for europe ;)

and most of them sing in english but still some in their native tongue.

I still remember two yeara ago that finland hadb lordii to be in the show, weird!

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
Not really international when you look at its only for europe ;)

and most of them sing in english but still some in their native tongue.

I still remember two yeara ago that finland hadb lordii to be in the show, weird!

LORDI won because there were no other rock bands!

So all the people who like rock/metal/alternative rock voted for Lordi.

Finland has the best rock bands! How dare you say Lordi is weird!

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

i watched this ... should i say show? before!!! but i thought it was like european idols or something like that. personally love this woman's voice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TeGTulXqqU

the very first time she came out (not this video), the audiances were like, "wow....she's huge" or something like that (i think i even heard "boo" ....). but when she sang, they were stunned and had the face that said "i can't believe it, her voice is so beautiful"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWe0nKho8DI

she's the winner of Eurovision 2005. not really my type, but i got to say that the live is awesome, especially the last cello part

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

uh, i am from europe. I got friends are into rock and they from finland... Lordi really isnt that great when you compare them to other bands, and take a chill pills. Its only your opinion so i dont really need to buy that nor you should buy mine. Music can be either objective or subjective depends on the direction of the musicians.

Finland does not only produce quality rock bands, actually dont be narrow minded, Scandinavia itself produces a goood number of quality musicians...

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

http://www.eurovision.tv/page/participants-2008

Here you go. Click on a country and each page has its song. For a higer quality, Youtube has got more :p

Albania - Olta Boka - Zemren E Lame Peng

Andorra - Gisela - Casanova

Armenia - Sirusho - Qele Qele

Azerbaijan - Elnur Huseynov feat. Samir Javadzadeh - Day After Day

Belarus - Ruslan Alehno - Hasta La Vista

Bosnia and Herzegovina - Laka - Pokusaj

Bulgaria - Deep Zone and Balthazar - DJ, Take Me Away

Belgium - Ishtar - O Julissi na Jalini

Croatia - Kraljevi ulice feat. 75 cents - Romanca

Cyprus - Evdokia Kadi - Femme Fatale

Czechia - Tereza Kerndlova - Have Some Fun

Denmark - Simon Mathews - All Night Long

Estonia - Kreisiraadio - Leto Svet

Finland - Terasbetoni - Missa miehet ratsastaa

France - Sebastien Tellier - Divine

Georgia - Diana Gurtskaya - Peace Will Come

Greece - Kalomira - My Secret Combination

Germany - No Angels - Disappear

Hungary - Csezy - Candlelight

Iceland - Euroband - This is my life

Ireland - Dustin the Turkey - Irelande douze points

Israel - Bo'az Ma'uda - Ke'ilo kan

Latvia - Pirates of the Sea - Wolves of the sea

Lithuania - Jeronimas Milius - Nomads In The Night

Macedonia - Tamara feat. Vrcak and Adrian Gaxha - Vo imeto na ljubovta

Malta - Morena - Vodka

Moldova - Geta Burlacu - A Century of Love

Montenegro - Stefan Filipovic - Zauvijek volim te

Netherlands - Hind - Your Heart Belongs To Me

Norway - Maria Haukass Storeng - Hold On Be Strong

Poland - Isis Gee - For Life

Portugal - Vania - Senhora do Mar

Russia - Dima Bilan - Believe

Romania - Nico and Vlad Mirita - Pe-o margine de lume

San Marino - Miodio - Complice

Serbia - Jelena Tomasevic - Oro

Spain - Rodolfo Chikilicuatre - Baila el ChikiChiki

Slovenia - Rebeka Dremelj - Vrag Naj Vzame

Sweden - Charlotte Perrelli - Hero

Switzerland - Paolo Meneguzzi - Era Stupendo

Turkey - Mor ve Otesi - Deli

The Great Britain - Andy Abraham - Even If

Ukraine - Ani Lorak - Shady Lady

---

Ive read many comments from Youtube saying that Ireland is most likely to win the contest, but I just dont see anything impressive - its fluffy, noisy and garish. Dreadful thats all I can say. What do you think?

Ireland 2008

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 4 weeks later...
uh, i am from europe. I got friends are into rock and they from finland... Lordi really isnt that great when you compare them to other bands, and take a chill pills. Its only your opinion so i dont really need to buy that nor you should buy mine. Music can be either objective or subjective depends on the direction of the musicians.

Finland does not only produce quality rock bands, actually dont be narrow minded, Scandinavia itself produces a goood number of quality musicians...

There is no need to have a go at me, who's the one that needs a chill pill here. NB:you can't say ''take a chill pills'' that is not grammatically correct.

Don't you understand some people speak in dramatic hyperbole? Yea I'd rather set myself on fire than to stop. That's is the manner I speak in and as a matter of fact I don't care if you can't appreciate this type of art that enhances everyday conversations. How ironic, that you're the one telling me not be narrow minded.

By the way, NB is an abbreviation for nota bene, it is a Latin expression meaning "note well'', just in case you don't understand that.

--

I am absolutely disgusted by the results. The Serbs vote for the Serbs, same with the ex-soviets etc... The whole contest is just a political testimony. Russia could have someone playing a tin whistle and still win, their song was full of cliches. England wasn't that bad! The only reason we came last was because we hardly have any neighbouring countries or connections with other European states. We are not technically a part of Europe! The British and other western countries should just pull out of it and let the others get on with it, even Terry Wogan sounded sick to the back teeth with it.

Us, France, Germany, Spain and Ireland are the countries that contribute the biggest percentage in the funding bill and we are the ones that are always on the bottom of the scoring board.

Enough of my ranting.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 2 weeks later...

esc 2008? it became the worst since i first to watch this. in 2008 we had Tina Karol from Ukraine, .........etc. last year we had Roger Cicero at least, but 2008? some of them are fine but not as astonishing as we use to have.

in a word, esc is "a junk game for irrational nationalism tele-voting".

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入