I see. You meant this, am I right?

39119529ak4.png

I didn't mean to be picky. It's just that I couldn't understand what you're referring to at first.

Therefore I asked you to clarify what you're saying.

I take my words back. Sorry to make you feel bad.(H)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

No problem! And thanks for not deleting the thread.xd

Therefore I ask you to clarify what you're saying.

I have my words back. Sorry to make you feel bad.(H)

You "asked" me to clarify my intentions in the last post, which occurred before now. I, too, can be picky.

No one will give you your words back. You have to "take" them.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

umm..it might be logically wrong(probably not, since you can give her words back by your definition, so why couldn't she have them back?), but I do hear ppl say "I will have my words back", which shouldn't be any problem if you just want to chat on the internet or even for daily usage.=)

and I dont think anyone could talk like a grammar book or whatever similar,

so why not just get alone with it if it ain't no issue...

cheers.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

"I have my words back" doesn't sound correct to me as well (never heard anyone used it). As for correcting people on this board, I think it's allowed and generally appreciated.

Is it British?

Don't think so. I personally don't think it's correct because it's GRAMMATICALLY incorrect. *shrug* Who cares - what's the purpose of this thread anyways? Sounds like someone's just plain trolling.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

there's a "will" in between, and this particular "will" changes a lot, and it's absolutely grammatically correct, but somehow abnormal to use.

and WE know that whoever corrects people's english has a good intention, but this is just a chatting board, you need no perfect grammar here,

since the major purpose of this board is just trying to increase one's confidence instead of "eliminating". think about this, how can anyone increase his confidence by feeling like a loser whenever he speaks english?<====this is just my personal opinion, hope it makes no harm.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Though I agree you two have a good point,

I personally believe that there are more than a few people who come here to improve their English,

and not telling them of their mistakes can be counterproductive to this aim.

I'm sorry if you feel that I've crossed the line in correcting your posts.:)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

In terms of correcting post, I remember being wary before I started doing so. I did ask the board moderator whether it was allowed and she said we could. There's no harmful intention and if you read a lot of other posts, most people appreciate it. If you're cross about people correcting your English, then you might want to ask whether or not you really DO have the intention learning it properly. Also, there's no way you can learn without making mistakes and learning from it. So long people are making constructive criticism and generally mean well, I don't see why you should think it's a stab at your confidence. If people stop bothering to correct you, then you should be worried - because it means people don't care whether or not you make progress. Taking criticisms well is important - because that's the only way you can learn and improve. Of course, if whoever's making the correction is being a complete a**hole, then by all means, be cross at them.

Back to the confidence thing, yes, this board is intended to building people's confidence - but how are you going to build that confidence if you don't improve or progress? If all people do is talk in English here without giving feedback, then how do you know if you're making mistakes? How do you know if you've improved if someone doesn't say something like, "Hey! You've improved! Next time, watch out this and this. Keep up the good work!" Getting corrected shouldn't be a stab at your confidence. It should be a sign of room for improvement - at least that's the way I see it.

It seems that no one congrats spacedunce on his last remarks. lol

Congrats!!! Though I still don't understand the point of this post besides trolling. :p

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 3 weeks later...

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入