【Question】i want to inprove my english ability

i am a senior high school student

i feel i just can remember this word

but i cant's use it in my communication or writing

my communication and writing ability just like a junior high school student...

thanks for giving me some advice~

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

His point is, if you read it carefully, that he doesn't know how to use his vocabulary in speaking and writing.

I would suggest that you watch TV in English and cover up / turn off the caption. Pick programms or drama series that are more related to high school students than others. Also, you should read books and memorize sentences you like. You will make great progress if you just do a little bit of each everyday.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
Read, read, read!

Also, when memorizing vocabulary, don't just remember the word itself,

but try to remember (or at least have an impression of) the sentence which uses it.

I agree with you on this point!

OK! I will divide my opinions into two parts.

First, I will tell you my opinion on studying.

Well as spacedunce-5 said, we are always trying to learn and improve our English. To make it a clear, learning collocation words is an important step. You may not be so familiar with this concept, but it really works in our everyday lessons. For example, We would write a sentence as follows: "You bear a striking resemblance to your father." Try to pay attention to details such as the above, and try to use it frequently. You will find you are making progress.

Next, I think we can take an active attitude toward learning because there is a limit what textbooks can teach us.

Languages are living, so it is full of varieties and is changing constantly. Why not find some extracurricular information, and read? One benefit of being a freshman in senior high is that you have a lot of time to do what you want to do. Besides doing what you are interested in, you could also take advantage of your leisure time to read. Regardless of what you read, you just need to memorize certain expression that you find useful. Enjoying the process of learning on our own is most important of all.

Amplifying your horizons will help you a lot, and reading is a good way. Just give it a go!:p

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
you are just in first grade, nothing can do but practice.

You're only in first grade. There's nothing you can do but practice.

you might feel frustrate at the beginning.

you might feel frustrated at first.

I divide my opinions into two parts.

I'll divide my etc..

First, I will tell you my opinion on studying.

Firstly, I will give you my opinion on studying.

Well as spacedunce-5 said

Well, as etc..

having a good command of English is what we need to learn and improve.

..........I'm not so sure what you're trying to say here.

Having a good command of English is something we need to learn to achieve - is that it?

daily courses

Do you mean lessons?

or example, We would write a sentence like this.

For example, we would write a sentence as follows:

Try to pay attention to details like this,

Try to pay attention to details such as the above

I think there are much more important matters beyond textbooks.

I'm rephrasing this completely because it just sounds odd.

There is a limit to what textbooks can teach us. (I think that's what you're trying to say)

The majority of the languages that we would hear are living, so it is full of varieties and is changing anytime.

Again, a rephrase suggestion:

Languages are alive and are full of varieties and are changing constantly at any given time.

you have much time

you have a lot of time

take advantage of

take the advantage of

No matter what you read, you just need to memorize those you think is useful and enjoy the process.

Regardless of what you read etc.

Comment: What is "those"?

Rephrase: Regardless of what you read, you just need to memorize certain expression that you find useful.

Comment 2: Enjoy what process?

Amplifying your horizons will help you a lot, and reading is a good way.

blah blah blah....and reading is a good way to do it. (blah blah blah as in whatever's in front is fine.

Comment to Balie: You have a large range of vocabulary and I can tell you're trying to practice using them as much as possible. However, be careful of OVER using long words. Or rather, don't try to express so many things in one sentence. It clutters the overall sentence and people can lose track of what you're trying to say. Short and sweet. Get to the point. Don't beat around the bushes. That's generally what you want. English is not as subtle or elegant as Chinese (in my opinion) so a lot of the times, you must explicitly explain many things. What Chinese can explain in 4 to 10 characters, English will probably take 3 sentences. For long vocabularies, it's better to use one or two in a sentence rather than every 3 words within the sentence. ie. Simple is best. A sentence will sound much more elegant if you use one good vocabulary as oppose to 3 in a row. It's a like a plain white dress with flower patterns on it. A few on it will look nice but too many will clutter the overall design.

As for this thread's topic, read. That's generally the answer. Nothing else.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

..........I'm not so sure what you're trying to say here.

Having a good command of English is something we need to learn to achieve - is that it?

I think he's trying to say that having a good command of English is what we need to learn more and improve ourselves.

Again, a rephrase suggestion:

Languages are alive and are full of varieties and are changing constantly at any given time.

Personally, I would cut back on the "and"s.

take the advantage of

It's a British/American thing.

Regardless of what you read etc.

Comment: What is "those"?

Rephrase: Regardless of what you read, you just need to memorize certain expression that you find useful.

Comment 2: Enjoy what process?

The process of learning, of course!

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
Personally, I would cut back on the "and"s.

True. Another reason why you should re-read your posts. :p

It's a British/American thing.

Huh??? Australian English is British English by the way.

The process of learning, of course!

= =||| Yes, well, he didn't say did he? I was hoping he answer himself and in so doing, he can edit his own post effectively. :p

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
Well, as etc..

I do not know what you mean here. Could you explain more clearly?

I have corrected the post. It will be better if you can help me check again.

Ah... As for your comments, I know what you want to express. I will try and improve.

Thank you again! :D

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 1 month later...

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入