【Question】How to take notes in a university leavel classes?

HI, I am currently taking Ap English Language in my school.

Part of my class assignment is jounal keeping.

I need to take note on what the lecture and type up in words on weekends and turn in every Mon. But since this is a AP class, the class is deep and the speed is fast.

I am having a hard to keep up with the teacher; I can either write so fast that I can't read my handwriting or I missed the entire note. We are now reading Plato/ Socrates ' The Allegory of the Cave, it is such a philosophical piece. Any one has some good suggestion about note taking?

I ll appreciate it. =]

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

You take NOTES during lectures?!

Haha - sorry. Just kidding. I think, besides blindly taking notes or writing down everything he says or everything he's writing on the board, put your pen down and listen very carefully. Only jot down the main points, and of course, keep your notes short and to the point. Use bullet points.

Another way that my high school teacher taught us (but I think only works in Artsy subjects, such as English which is all about thematic concepts and ideas) is to use mindmaps. So write in the middle of your page the topic your lecturer's talking about. For every sub-topics he goes into, write the title in another part of the same page and draw a line back to the main topic. Jot down bullet points under the relevant sub-topic.

That's all I can think of (yes, I don't take much notes in class. I rely on my ears. If it's boring, I do my tutorials and assignments and ignore the lecture unless he/she says something important :p. Self-learning rules but then again, university IS about self-learning. As if they really try and help you much = =|||)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Aside from everything MikiRei said, try reading the book by yourself.

A language is a fluid and open subject, and most people derive thoughts on the subject unique from others, so unless your teacher is talking about grammar or sentence/passage usage, do some thinking yourself, aside from your teachers analysis.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

I hope this is useful for you.

http://www.elssa.uts.edu.au/programs/EngItSciDropIn1.1_0207.ppt

PowerPoint Title:

Critical Reading and Note-making

Abstract:

managing heavy reading loads

taking notes from textbooks and articles

understanding the difference between description/analysis and evaluation

critical reviews

I understand that you want to take good notes in the lecture. But the material above also provides certain tips on informational symbols usage to speed up your note taking. It also gives you brief idea how to think critically.

enjoy it!!

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
I hope this is useful for you.

http://www.elssa.uts.edu.au/programs/EngItSciDropIn1.1_0207.ppt

PowerPoint Title:

Critical Reading and Note-making

Abstract:

managing heavy reading loads

taking notes from textbooks and articles

understanding the difference between description/analysis and evaluation

critical reviews

I understand that you want to take good notes in the lecture. But the material above also provides certain tips on informational symbols usage to speed up your note taking. It also gives you brief idea how to think critically.

enjoy it!!

thank you very much =]

Btw, what do you major in ?

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

It is good if you can discover your own interests earlier so that you won't waste extra time on searching majors.

Unlike me, god plans a big joke to me. I gained my bachelor majoring in Computer Science and master majoring in IT. However, I also spent a couple of months majoring in medical science because I felt I am also interested in medicine and surgery. After I realized that I am a little bit too old to study another major which could take me 6~8 years, I decided to study Ph.D. in Computer Science which is my current major instead.

Therefore, it is important to understand yourself and know what you are capable of.

ps: Bachelor of Mechatronic Engineering (Space) could interest you as well.

http://fmweb01.ucc.usyd.edu.au/ugcourses/FMPro?-db=msr%5fugpg.fp5&-format=%2fugcourses%2fdetails.html&-lay=www&-sortfield=ug%5fuai2007&-sortorder=descend&za%5fa%5fWebSearch=mechatronic&a%5fPlacesTypeHECS=Yes&zc%5fShowOnWeb=Yes&a%5fCourseLevel=UG&-recid=32803&-token.1=Local&-token.9=mechatronic&-find=

I also studied the newly offering course that the link above refers to for a while. It is a very interesting and powerful major covering 3 big engineering fields: mechanics, eletronics and computer science. You can look for something similar in your own school and think about it. In my opinion, it will be one of most important majors in the world in the future because any student graduating from that major knows knowledge across wide range of professional fields.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入