【Question】What Books Can I Read to Learn More?

At every stage of our growth, we often read different kinds of books to broaden our horizon and establish a good command of our mother tongue. Thinking of this, an idea occurred to me, "Why not read as many kinds of books as you can?" I am a Chinese native speaker, and I remember I have read a lot of books, from fairy tales to classical fables... etc. Now I am pretending myself as an English native speaker child, and I want to gain access to the world by reading interesting books so that I can have a different insight into this fantastic world and establish a good command of English.

In short, my question is "What books do you read at every stage of your growth?" I hope you can name some books that you think is worth reading. No matter what, even a fairy tales, I will be glad to find one to enjoy the reading world.^^

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Umm...weve talked about loads of books in this thread - read #18, Miki's post. Hope you can find one you like! :p

http://www.student.tw/db/showthread.php?t=109034

Plus I recommend this site - CBBC NR, a news website built for teenagers.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/default.stm

EDIT: Oh, btw, you can read some showbiz magazines (such like Top of the Pops, Smash Hits etc.) as well if you want to be more native! :p

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
Ah.

Maybe you can just go to a bookstore and find one yourself? Just browse around, pick up ones that look good and try some pages. Stuff like that. I would name LotR and the Silmarillion. The world Tolkien created is worth some of my time. IMHO of course.

The Silmarillion - love it too! Im 'Tolkien addicted' hehe, but, personally, its bit tough to read (well, at least for those whove not read LOTR before). So many proper names you know.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
Oh, btw, you can read some showbiz magazines (such like Top of the Pops, Smash Hits etc.) as well if you want to be more native! :p

OK! Thank you very much! I am just trying to read TIME because I like the way they take. Also, I will go searching for the magazine you mentioned above if I am free. I can't pay too much attention to learning, and I enjoy the process simultaneously.^^

I would name LotR and the Silmarillion. The world Tolkien created is worth some of my time. IMHO of course.

Thanks to your recommendation, I will absolutely go and find one to read. I like to read something classy and enjoy finding out the subtle insight of every author. Thank you very much for your advice! ^^

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入