【Chat】About English textbooks in Taiwan

Maybe it can improve your English ability a little. However, if you want to improve your English by textbooks, it will not be enough for you to do well in any big exam .

You made some mistakes. You can just check it again.

(I do not think I am able to correct every mistake.)

Indeed, I don't think the textbooks in Taiwan are good reading material for every student because everyone's ability to read English books differs from one to another.

However, it is not a big problem.

In my opinion, every student should adjust the way to study English due to his/her condition.

Reading articles written in relatively simple expressions is an avenue to go over what you have learned. On the contrary, reading articles with some advanced information takes effort, but you can take advantage of the chance to learn more.

Learning English is a lifelong mission, and I think our mother tongue or other languages are the same matters. Living languages are used in our daily life. This is an important thought for us because the majority of the students in Taiwan simply take English as a test item in the SAT or some other examinations. In so doing, English is limited and reduced to a boring existence. It will not be beneficial to us.:(

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Reading articles written in relatively simple expressions is an avenue to go over what you have learned. On the contrary, reading articles with some advanced information takes effort, but you can take advantage of the chance to learn more.

Learning English is a lifelong mission, and I think our mother tongue or other languages are the same matters. Living languages are used in our daily life. This is an important thought for us because the majority of the students in Taiwan simply take English as a test item in the SAT or some other examinations. In so doing, English is limited and reduced to a boring existence. It will not be beneficial to us.:(

Definitely!!

While the Entrance Exam approaches, many students started to worry about their English grades. To tell the Truth, it is too late for them to improve a lot in a short time like this. However, the fact is they still have to study English as well, having no idea about how to study the textbooks and the way of studying.

So~If one wants to learn English well and happily, I think taking continuous reading habit and having a pleasant mood are much better than trying to figure out every word and idiom in the textbooks!!

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

The English Textbook is still exam-oriented, which I hate like sh**

It still teaches about almost-useless grammar like:

"ou need to add S+V after an adjective clause" and such

The teaching method should be more life-oriented, or, if you want to study abroad after high school, academic oriented

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
It still teaches about almost-useless grammar.

I can fully understand your thought; however, it is a mold that has been passed down. In other words. it is no easy task to make some differences in short time.

What we can do to improve our English is to read as mush as we can, right?

I do enjoy learning English by reading what I am interested in.:E

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
Reading articles written in relatively simple expressions is an avenue to go over what you have learned. On the contrary, reading articles with some advanced information takes effort, but you can take advantage of the chance to learn more.(

If I'm not mistaken, this should be "on the other hand."

"On the contrary" means that the following sentence is completely opposite of the preceding one.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 2 weeks later...

i think that the texbook in taiwan has some problems

1. it has kk and when u are in the US or in other country they dont use kk

2. it does not have enough vocabulary to read harry potter or halo(one of my favorite novel)

3. taiwan's texbook standerd is only enough to reach 2nd or 3rd grade

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入