最後14堂星期二的課

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

有點長唷

恩...請多多指教

有任何問題都可以直接問...

(自覺淂還有很的進步空間)

Tuesdays with Morrie

Imagine, if you had amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), what would you do? While the shriveling muscles try to rob the air out of your lungs, how would you resist miserable death? This is a pressing problem for people suffering from this disease, but for professor Morrie, the most urgent thing to him is to go on teaching! Morrie’s story is portrayed through this work Tuesdays with Morrie written by his beloved and loyal student, Mitch Albom. Mitch was able to learn about life, love and death in his last lessons with professor Morrie. Being lost in the moneymaking society, Mitch lived a coldhearted life that only meant racing against time. Yet when coming along the news of his dying professor, Mitch earned himself a second chance to rediscover Morrie and his peaceful intelligence towards philosophy and handling emotions. Along with professor Morrie’s feeble voice, he strode along the paths of introspection and self-examination. After reading this book, I was extremely moved by Morrie’s strong will to share his knowledge after experiencing the bridge of life and demise. He couldn’t grasp the life he was supposed to live so he held on to his beliefs and turned his last days to be beautiful and meaningful. His three main beliefs were to accept, to detach and to love.

Accepting is the first step when coming across problems that push you past the limit. We usually panic and sink into distress but Morrie holds different attitude towards the disease and death. He peacefully accepts it. Morrie took the fact that he would lose his ability to walk, talk and breathe and acknowledged that he wouldn’t be able to wash and eat by himself. At the end, Morrie accepted what he thought would take away his dignity, to be helped with wiping his behind. Instead of feeling ashamed, he tells of how he appreciated his dependency and that it was just like being a child again,“For me, it’s just remembering how to enjoy it”. It takes a lot of courage to accept reality, but Morrie gave it to me. After reading this book, I had the courage to face the rejections of college and the motivation to continue studying. If everyone had the ability to accept their problems, war and fights would lessen. Understanding is the beginning of recovery.

Besides accepting the emotions and problems, detaching them from one’s self is also very important. If Morrie drank too much self-pity and decided to live in grief, his last days would have been unbearable! However, he believed that it is okay to know the emotions yet we should detach ourselves after recognizing it. We are human, so we rage when we are in fury and we hurt when we are in sorrow. To soak with too much emotion is unhealthy, so Morrie would allow himself to be washed with fear and sadness and then put it aside. With our strong will, we can prevent the emotions that control us.“You know what the Buddhists say: Don’t cling to things, because everything is impermanent”. When I get negative thoughts, I will hypnotize myself and say: Everything’s going to be all right. Just relax and let the bad thoughts go. In the end, it will go away and make me calm down. The calmer you get around emotions, the better. It can’t harm you to a certain degree.

The last and the most important of Morrie’s beliefs is love. Without love, nothing could be done. Morrie’s love for his family and friends gave him the courage to accept his disease; it gave him the strength to detach the dreadful feelings associated with death. That is the greatest thing in the world. Like Morrie said,“Love each other or perish”. How can people live without love? The thing is, we should love and put it into action. If you remain silent, who will know how you feel? Love is a strong emotion that can do wonderful things, we should exercise it carefully and act rationally without harming others. Without love, nothing would be safe and sure. I have passionate love and am willing to share it with people, especially those important to me.

Mitch was incredibly lucky to have a mentor like Morrie. Luckily, I too have a teacher like Morrie. She is a handicapped violin teacher with an optimistic view towards life. She’s my professor Morrie. I love to spend time with her and learn the lessons of her life. Teachers that teach with their heart and life experiences are the most valuable. Morrie’s death at the end made me ache with sorrow. Upon thinking of the lessons he had taught, I dare say he hadn’t live in vain. Morrie gave what he could give and led us to follow his beliefs.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
訪客
這個主題現在已關閉,不能再回覆。