the effect of water

on light is a distortion

but if you look long enough,

eventually

you will be able to see me.)

----------------------------------------------

Well, I was reading this poem

and at first I thought, "this is a cute little poem!"

And then, at line 15, I was totally freaked out.....

So, this is my first experience of that "chill running up and down the spine."

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
My English isn't good enough to understand why is this a poem but not an article...

It's a poem because there's phrasing (I think....urgh - thinking in musical terms now ><)

In fact, it's quite an interesting poem. It's written in an informal way. It's not your traditional poem structure. More of a contemporary poem I guess :p

Its cold and slight sad,

Did you mean "slightly sad"?

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

I LOVE THIS ONE

You have to be always drunk. That is all there is to it-- it's the only way. So as not to feel the horrible burden of time that breaks your back and bends you to the earth, you have to be continually drunk.

But on what? Wine, poetry or virtue, as you wish. But be drunk.

And if sometimes, on the steps of a palace or the green grass of a ditch, in the mournful solitude of your room, you wake again, drunkeness already diminishing or gone, ask the wind, the wave, the star, the bird, the clock, everything that is flying, everything that is groaning, everything that is speaking......ask what time it is and wind, wave, star, bird, clock will answer you: "It is time to be drunk! So as not to be the martyred slaves of time, be drunk, be continually drunk! On wine,on poetry or on virtue as you wish."

----Charles Baudelaire

---------------------------------

I know i am drunk, and then i came across this one several days ago : )

I am a drunk drunk drunkard whose mind is always spinning. Everything is an alcohol to me, fortunately.

But, is getting drunk a gladness or an escape? Or we drunkards choose to eacape to the paradise? If so, we are the refugees under the gray realistic sky.......

Are we walking to an illusion ir a reality? Not hearing the engines on the roads cry; we decide not to touch the sorrow and burden. People who really live under the grey sky, who are really trapped by the wires, call us wonderland-wanderer, or poets. We get these names representing that we are not belong to here, at least not this era or space.

We drink, drunk, dance,drink, drunk, dance,drink, drunk, dance.......

The world is revolving; everyone is sick, and earth is a big hospital. Poets are drunkards, their livers are dirty. Others get biopolar disorder, or somewhat disease called " torpor".

Since Pandora opened the box, earth have become a hospital, an infected hospital......

posting this here challenges my shyness > <

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 2 weeks later...

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入