英文是個語言,不是一個學科!

只要你觀念一改,

英文就會變的很好學!

字典可以用Macmillan (一本紅色大大本的,很明顯),

文法書可以找Cambridge的Advanced Grammar in Use (綠色的),

找資料wiki也不錯!

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

首先必須有個概念:每一個字都有自己的使用背景、時機、語氣,它不是只有字典上查得到的字義(雖然許多不錯的字典會盡量解釋詳盡),你必須連同背後那許多一起理解,所謂的語感就是這麼一回事。

於是增加字彙最好的方法就是閱讀了。透過閱讀(和生活應用,但如果你在台灣的話這不大容易做到)才能夠在 "in context" 的狀況下接觸字彙;看電影、看電視大概也可以做到,只不過因為媒體本身的特性還是閱讀比較有效率。

至於片語──忘了它吧,會害死作文的。你如果為了課業、考試可能多少必須應付一下,但是學習片語是企圖歸納語言的捷徑,而學習語言沒有捷徑的。久了反而讓作文生硬地以片語為行動單位,變得尷尬、無趣。

你如果處於必須強記字彙、片語的狀況,那麼你能夠做的就是更大量的閱讀。你的閱讀量必須足夠,必須比強記的量更多,這樣或許能消弭傷害。(而且閱讀本身就很有趣。)

寫了這麼多,其實我想說的和 MikiRei 一樣:Read -- it's good in so many ways!

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

讀的時候先花兩到三分鐘作Skim

不要停下來查不知道的生字,能猜盡量猜

然後把書闔起來把剛剛所唸到的大意寫在一張紙上

這個叫做Summary

然後回去在慢慢地讀details

確定自己剛剛寫下來哪些是對的哪些又是錯的

真要查字典盡量限制自己查10個字以內

如果讀小說的話也是,一章節一章節地分開

不過最好是一口氣看完,當然關鍵字翻閱字典是被容許的

像是The Economist的文章非常適用這種'方法

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Seriously, just read. I learnt my Japanese by just reading, watching and listening lots. I didn't even take much trouble in writing down vocabs. Read enough and the recurring ones will stick in your head and you learn the meaning of the word IMPLICITLY. Also, there's no point translating English to Chinese and learning it that way. You'll forever stuck in the cycle of going Chinese --> English or English --> Chinese. It's an evil cycle you must kick yourself out of. Chinese and English are two different language to begin with anyways. It CANNOT be learnt in parallel.

Read, read, read.

I'll say it again.

READ

When you're reading, DO NOT get into the psyche of, "Oh my God! I've no idea what they're saying. What's this word? And this? And this? MUST CHECK DICTIONARY!" - you're dead. Ignore the words you've never seen. Just read it. Like, just read it once through without even caring much what you don't understand. GUESS. Use your intuition. Once you've read it through once (this is REALLY important. Keeps the language flow), THEN go back and write down the vocab or grammar form that you don't understand. Have a little think about them and guess what they are. THEN, check the dictionary. Give yourself a surprise to see how much you've guessed right. After you've done that, THEN, read the book AGAIN and see how much you understand this time.

(To be honest, I've never done this really. With Japanese, I had Chinese to fall back on - but whatever. I'll tell you, I bet you this method works :p)

Anyways, again, one word - R.E.A.D. There's no real secret. How did you think English speaking people learnt their English? ENVIRONMENT. What does that mean? Putting asides people around you speak this language, literature and media plays a big part ie. books, movies, music etc.etc. So just read (if you're just talking about expanding your vocab list). As someone said above, English isn't a SUBJECT. It's a language. Think about how you've learnt your Chinese. Now apply that to your English. Of course, you can only do so sparingly given the environment you're living in but 或多或少都有用. (Yeah, I know. I switched to Chinese. Sorry. My brain works that way)

P.S. Sorry for freaking out

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

其實用手邊的英文雜誌就夠了(學校都有訂吧)

我比較推薦常春藤解析英語,它除了有一般的文章及生字解析外,還有文法,句型,作文,翻譯等主題,是很實用的英文參考書籍(讓你更能了解每個生字片語在不同地方有什麼不同用法),當然要做一般閱讀也沒有問題

再來有一個重點

不管你看什麼雜誌,每個禮拜天都是沒排進度的,也就是說你要用那天把當周看的文章都複習一次,之後有時間就翻翻,只要你有按時熟讀,所謂的"翻翻"也不會花你多少時間,不會有倦怠感!!!

希望大家把英文當作生活溝通的工具,而不是一種學科!!!!!!!!!

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
很多人都推薦六人行喔

Friends....right....

There's plenty of series out there to watch. I'll name a few

Sex and the City (LOVE THIS)

Lost

Desperate Housewives

Heroes (very good :p)

Grey's Anatomy

The OC (I loathe)

Ugly Betty (funny)

Prison Break

Numb3rs (I like :p)

Medium

House (:p)

Or, more generic (well, most of the above is pretty mainstream)

CSI

NCIS

Law and Order (for this one, I particularly like SVU)

So yeah. There's some American series for consideration.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入