What magazine is better?

I like music and basketball ......

I have tried to read "Time"

But it is not attracted me at all= =

Sorry.The question is troublesome and my English is not good

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

read something else like... farenheit 911

also, time is quite a descent magazine, you should consider about giving it another chance.

it teaches you about global issues as well.

since some taiwanese students dont really know what's going on outside of Formosa

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Times is not the only magazine that improves your English. If you like music or sports, you can try reading the related magazines ( I don't know a lot about those :p) and if you like movies, or following up on celebrity news, you could read People or similar ones.

Just some suggestions :D

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Perhaps you can try to read the novels you are interested in.

They may give you the motivation to keep reading because you wonder what is going to happen at next chapter.

Magazines, newspapers and many other tools which help improve English can be availed easily nowadays.

Only by learning hard can you really make progress in English.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Reading English "books" includes a wide range in daily life.

If you don't have any sense of Englsih, try to read Studio Classroom can help you a lot.

though it seems like most of the schools use Studio....but few of students know how to "use" it well.

Of course reading articles in newspapers is also an improvement, but you have to understand them instead of just read them.

Writing, listening, reading, and saying are four main part you need to notice and improve when you learn English.

So I don't suggest you to "remember" those words in Vocabulary 7000, but use them as well!!

Hope you can suceed!!

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
but I don't like to read English novel because my English is not good enough

Oh, how I LOVE this excuse (sarcasm intended). Never, never, EVER whinge about not being able to read English novels because your English isn't good enough. That's a sore and lame excuse. Practice makes perfect so reading will improve. Never mind if you don't 100% understand what the book is saying. Read enough and you'll start to get it.

If you like music, read Rolling Stones.

Basketball - no idea. I'm not a sports fan.

SERIOUSLY, read Time. If it doesn't interest you.....*sigh* Time is probably the one magazine (besides National Geographic) that's actually informative....well, unless it starts getting biased but other times, it's cool.

The question is troublesome and my English is not good

MUCH better than a lot I've seen around so SERIOUSLY, don't give yourself the excuse, "I'll start reading novels after my English gets better" (you can tell I've heard enough of this excuse from certain relatives and it IRKS me) because believe me, it WON'T get better unless you use it in your daily life. ie. DO read novels.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 2 weeks later...
Reading English "books" includes a wide range in daily life.

If you don't have any sense of Englsih, try to read Studio Classroom can help you a lot.

though it seems like most of the schools use Studio....but few of students know how to "use" it well.

Of course reading articles in newspapers is also an improvement, but you have to understand them instead of just read them.

Writing, listening, reading, and saying are four main part you need to notice and improve when you learn English.

So I don't suggest you to "remember" those words in Vocabulary 7000, but use them as well!!

Hope you can suceed!!

yes..StudioClassroom is a good magazine, It can help you,but in my school, Grade1 use another one called English 4U:( . Umm....If you have a chance to watch Chien-Ming Wang's game, you can go to Yankees' website to read something about Wang's game , try to do and you may learn many terms about baseball. Good Luck!

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

In my school, we read English 4U as well, I totally think it sucks. If you're good enough, you can try Advance, the highest level of StudioClassroom system. After reading it for several terms, you can try some English newspapers, and start it with the most interesting topic for you.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
yes..StudioClassroom is a good magazine, It can help you,but in my school, Grade1 use another one called English 4U:( . Umm....If you have a chance to watch Chien-Ming Wang's game, you can go to Yankees' website to read something about Wang's game , try to do and you may learn many terms about baseball. Good Luck!

Ha... same school you know~!!

Back to the topic....

In fact, teachers decided to use 4U for some reasons.

While 4U is not complicated for some students, there are still a lot of people can't understand 4U's articles as well. If you think 4U is too easy for you, try to read Studio or analyze 4U's articles' structure instead. That will prove your analyzation so that you will feel more smooth when writing articles in grade 12.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
Ha... same school you know~!!

Back to the topic....

In fact, teachers decided to use 4U for some reasons.

While 4U is not complicated for some students, there are still a lot of people can't understand 4U's articles as well. If you think 4U is too easy for you, try to read Studio or analyze 4U's articles' structure instead. That will prove your analyzation so that you will feel more smooth when writing articles in grade 12.

ohoh....I had used StudioClassroom since I was a jh school student.

so when I heard that HCHS uses 4U,I was so surprised.

haha, We Are The Same School,nice to see you here xd

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

alri

ya guys those method r really dumb

i suggest ya guys go rent some tv shows

4 ex: seinfeld, king of queens, we love raymand, that's 70's show *PS dont choose "FRIENDS" its the worst show in US ri now, im not even joking, maybe ur teacher let ya guys watch that but i need to tell ya their jokes are not even funny

those r tv shows im still watchin in US

and the most important thing use ENGLISH SUBTITLE

it can improve ur readin speed and also when ya see a word ya dont know just press the frigging pause and take out ur dictionary(i strongly suggest u taiwanese pepl Webster dictionary P.S stop using the electron dictionary it wont help like Besta)

also, if ya dont get the joke~~its fine, b/c those r american jokes(an important thing i need to tell ya is learning a language the most difficult thing is gettin joke, b/c joke is the art of language)

if u think tv shows r too bored or sth thats fine~~

go rent some movie ex. ocean's eleven(not tweleve, b/c its the worst in ocean's course), 300, stomp yard, pirates of carabean---all course, of course some cartoons like shrek

well those r my suggestions, depends on urself

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

I don' think your English is as poor as you think, and just take it easy^^

Sorry, but I want to say first, "Apparently, you are not used to writing in English. "

There are some small mistakes in your opinion.

Paying more attention when you think will really help.

I think what your friend mean is to expand vocabulary ability by reading a lot. Sure! It is a good way that you won't be tied to some standard. However, if your English is not ideal for the tests and daily life, just try to review what you've learned. Simultaneously, you can read more books to get yourself used to fantastic English. It will pays that every effort you make now. Just keep reading English paper, and you can definitely get some reward.

As for magazines, "Studio Classroom" & "Landmark" are both easy but sometimes tedious. But rereading the article regularly for a period of time will make you improve your reading ability.

Remember this, REREADING MANY TIMES is essential for the establishment of reading ability.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 1 month later...
Perhaps you can try to read the novels you are interested in.

They may give you the motivation to keep reading because you wonder what is going to happen at next chapter.

Magazines, newspapers and many other tools which help improve English can be availed easily nowadays.

Only by learning hard can you really make progress in English.

I agree with you.

Reading novels is really a good way to improve your English.

By reading that, you'll get aquainted with the grammar, construction, and vocabulary etc.

(Also, if you want to improve your listening skill, you may turn on the radio to listen to the broadcast such as ICRT)

just a little tips that worked on me, I'm not sure whether it can help you or not

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 2 weeks later...

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入