家人打電話給我我講話文法都會打結(中文有文法= =?)

有時候真的滿給他那個的...(這個版不能罵髒話= =..)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
澳洲不會太過注重發音的標準與否的......

我有個同學,兩嵗來澳州,上海人,他的英語到現在還是留有濃重的上海口音

I've seen the same situations - both the same as stated and vice versa. My brother still has Taiwanese accent and he came to Australia at age 11. One year ago, I met someone who came here at 12. He's Chinese is GOOOOOOONE! ABSOLUTELY GOOOOONE! Difference? He went to a school with little to no Asian and his parents doesn't speak Chinese to him at home.

As for my brother, well, his school didn't have much Asians either but we speak Chinese at home and secondly, my brother has a big sense of pride for being Taiwanese. For the first 3 years in Australia, he REFUSED to learn English properly.

Anyways, I guess I'm just saying, environment makes a BIG difference.

我也發覺我的中文也有點開始變了......

Likewise. My cousin complained that I sometimes pronounce a few words wierdly, but no lasting harm. My Chinese generally doesn't have much accent (well, I presume since when I speak Chinese upon first meeting with someone, they assume I can't speak English properly o.0. The same with vice versa. ). However, I think it doesn't take people long to tell I was raised overseas because when I speak in Chinese, it doesn't take long for me to switch into English, and then back again. I don't do that as often in English (nearly never)

I remember talking to my aunty in Taiwan once. That's when I realised that my Chinese is kind of going downhill. I mean, I pause every 1 minute because I can't find the correct expression to express something in Chinese. After an extra 10 seconds, I just use English - but then my aunty goes, "What does that mean?" and so I get stuck again, think VERY hard - and either I go, "AHA! I remember now!" or I try explain what I'm trying to say. *cries* Maybe I should go back to watching Taiwanese TV :'(

我有個疑惑耶....

會不會英文念久了....

中文就會怪怪的??

It works both ways actually. Sometimes, when I write English essays, random Chinese expressions pops into my head. The problem though is I can't find a suitable English expression that will do that Chinese expression justice. In the end, I come up with something VERY wierd. All through my education (and hey, I'm talking about being in Australia from kindergarten all the way till university), my English teachers always complain I have a tense problem (some of you may have noticed by now) and wierd expressions. Likewise, in Chinese, there are times I start having "loopback-syndrome" or rather, tongue twister.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
I've seen the same situations - both the same as stated and vice versa. My brother still has Taiwanese accent and he came to Australia at age 11. One year ago, I met someone who came here at 12. He's Chinese is GOOOOOOONE! ABSOLUTELY GOOOOONE! Difference? He went to a school with little to no Asian and his parents doesn't speak Chinese to him at home.

As for my brother, well, his school didn't have much Asians either but we speak Chinese at home and secondly, my brother has a big sense of pride for being Taiwanese. For the first 3 years in Australia, he REFUSED to learn English properly.

Anyways, I guess I'm just saying, environment makes a BIG difference.

But...... well...... there's another situation I'd seen in the school. Two guys, one came from Shanghai 6 years ago, another dude came here just one year after the Shanghainese guy migrated, and there's a huge difference between the levels of English of these two people. The Shanghainese one he was in advanced English, and his teacher recommended him to do Extensioin 2 English while the maths headteacher also recommended him to do Extension 2 maths at the end of year 11...( he's too intellingent...= ="")

Another dude was like

1 his maths was sh*t

2 he was in the "shitest" class of ESL

and he's already been enrolled by the aviation course of a private university......

without UAI:|

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
and he's already been enrolled by the aviation course of a private university......

The magic word here is "private" - you have money, you're in. Anyways, there's nothing for him to brag about if he's entering a private university. Private universities in Australia don't get much recognition from the general public really.

This reminds me of the time back in high school when they got some private universites to come talk to us. Basically, the deal was, "THINK ABOUT THIS OPTION." But like, as if! My school was a private girls school. We're DYING to get out of the private system because it's incredibly expensive! Our parents are WAITING for the day we get into uni because they don't want to stake 75,000 (wait - per term? Nah - can't be - 75,000 per semester - wait? Is that the fee for overseas student? I think that's the fee I saw for my cousin) bucks per term when they can do 2500 per semester (now it's 3000 due to Howard's VSU) - and these universities are double the amount!

But...... well...... there's another situation I'd seen in the school. Two guys, one came from Shanghai 6 years ago, another dude came here just one year after the Shanghainese guy migrated, and there's a huge difference between the levels of English of these two people. The Shanghainese one he was in advanced English, and his teacher recommended him to do Extensioin 2 English while the maths headteacher also recommended him to do Extension 2 maths at the end of year 11...( he's too intellingent...)

Another dude was like

1 his maths was sh*t

2 he was in the "shitest" class of ESL

Interesting - so the theory is basically

1. Environment

2. Your personality. :p

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入