【Game】 Let's play a game!!!

Ans: Who ever said anything about wanting to westernise oneself? I have no choice really. Try living in a Western country from a young age of 6 and I like to see yourself to NOT get westernised. In fact, it's ANNOYING. I swear, EVERYONE should at least try and be migrant child at least ONCE. It is incredibly annoying having to deal with both side of the culture who are both ignorant in their own ways. With my friends at school (who are Westerns - my school didn't have much Asians - at the time anyways) they reckon I'm still incredibly Asian since I can still speak my language and read it well - incredibly well in fact for someone who's been here since 6. Most Asian kids who go overseas at around the same age as me tend to forget their mother tongue. Another reason, according to my friend, is that I still hold absolute respect to my parents, no matter what, and in her eyes, that's as Asian as you can get (I scoffed a bit at this comment - She's admitting that Westerns DON'T respect their parents? Ah well....) The most annoying thing I have to deal with is answering stupid questions like, "I don't get how you think in Chinese. How DO you think in Chinese?"

Me: "Well....how do you think in English?"

Whoever: "Well, I just do."

Me: "Same deal here."

They scratch their head here and they go off and ask our German teachers if they think in German or think in English.

Teacher: "Well.......both I guess."

Whoever: "But how?"

Me: "You just DO!"

And you think you'll only have to deal with this at school but no, no, no. You have to deal with this at HOME as well! I swear, I was watching TV and dad suddenly goes, "So do you understand what they're saying?"

Me: ........err....yeah

Dad: You don't have to translate them in your head?

Me: ................yes....I don't have to translate in my head....

Dad: Oh really? Ah....that's good then. So how does that feel?

Me: How does WHAT feel??

Now, that's just answering stupid questions (yes, I know. They don't know what it's like and are simply asking but I swear, it gets annoying....and seriously, if you just use a tiny, little bit more brain, they would have realised these type of question doesn't need to be asked ><). Come relatives or friends of parents that I've never heard of. They IRK me the most! The other time I was having dinner with my dad and a few friends of his from NZ who wants to come to Australia. The mother was asking my dad whether I'm completely westernised and my dad was like, "Oh, she's ok. She speaks and reads better than most kids in her situation. Doesn't do drugs, doesn't smoke, doesn't drink and doesn't party. It's all good." Later on, when I was answering my dad some questions (I was asking whether I can borrow videos for the night), it just happens so that I was answering in English (well, why not? I switch between the two languages. Makes no difference.) and the mother whispered to her children, "She's westernised." I SWEAR I feel like throwing something at her face. What RIGHT does she have to label me so? JUST because I spoke English to my dad, that makes me completely westernised? It irks me how both side of the culture have to label us so. It's either you're still Asian or you're completely westernised. Well, I beg to differ. I'm probably westernised beyond the point to which my parents are comfortable with but I'm definitely a fusion of both Western and Asian culture. I'm proud of that and I don't need people to label me using their own standards. *ends rant*

Sorry if I went off a bit ><

Next: Who's having a big feast tonight? I know I am.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 回覆 575
  • Created
  • 最後回覆

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

http://www.student.tw/db/showthread.php?t=73538 um...i believe everybody catch the rule:E who next to me, are you hungry?

That was a pretty long answer. @@

Somehow I think I can realize what you`re annoying about.

I have many friends who went abroad when they were young. They came back and started to complain about the country they`d lived. Then they went to the conclusion-Taiwan is really the best place than anywhere. Oh, I was just trying to tell those in Taiwan that cherish what you have now, or you`ll regret.

Another thing is that to me, a Chinese , I really do feel that I sometimes think in English and I sometimes think in Chinese. But what`s the difference? I don`t know how to describe.

I`m just giving some of my opinion. If it is hard to understand, nevermind. .___."

--

I don`t think I had a big feast last night.

I was preparing things for the New Years Eve with my parents.

It was too tiring for me to enjoy my plain supper.

next:

How much red envolop money do you expect to recieve ?

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
Ans: Who ever said anything about wanting to westernise oneself? I have no choice really. Try living in a Western country from a young age of 6 and I like to see yourself to NOT get westernised. In fact, it's ANNOYING. I swear, EVERYONE should at least try and be migrant child at least ONCE. It is incredibly annoying having to deal with both side of the culture who are both ignorant in their own ways. With my friends at school (who are Westerns - my school didn't have much Asians - at the time anyways) they reckon I'm still incredibly Asian since I can still speak my language and read it well - incredibly well in fact for someone who's been here since 6. Most Asian kids who go overseas at around the same age as me tend to forget their mother tongue. Another reason, according to my friend, is that I still hold absolute respect to my parents, no matter what, and in her eyes, that's as Asian as you can get (I scoffed a bit at this comment - She's admitting that Westerns DON'T respect their parents? Ah well....) The most annoying thing I have to deal with is answering stupid questions like, "I don't get how you think in Chinese. How DO you think in Chinese?"

They scratch their head here and they go off and ask our German teachers if they think in German or think in English.

And you think you'll only have to deal with this at school but no, no, no. You have to deal with this at HOME as well! I swear, I was watching TV and dad suddenly goes, "So do you understand what they're saying?"

Now, that's just answering stupid questions (yes, I know. They don't know what it's like and are simply asking but I swear, it gets annoying....and seriously, if you just use a tiny, little bit more brain, they would have realised these type of question doesn't need to be asked ><). Come relatives or friends of parents that I've never heard of. They IRK me the most! The other time I was having dinner with my dad and a few friends of his from NZ who wants to come to Australia. The mother was asking my dad whether I'm completely westernised and my dad was like, "Oh, she's ok. She speaks and reads better than most kids in her situation. Doesn't do drugs, doesn't smoke, doesn't drink and doesn't party. It's all good." Later on, when I was answering my dad some questions (I was asking whether I can borrow videos for the night), it just happens so that I was answering in English (well, why not? I switch between the two languages. Makes no difference.) and the mother whispered to her children, "She's westernised." I SWEAR I feel like throwing something at her face. What RIGHT does she have to label me so? JUST because I spoke English to my dad, that makes me completely westernised? It irks me how both side of the culture have to label us so. It's either you're still Asian or you're completely westernised. Well, I beg to differ. I'm probably westernised beyond the point to which my parents are comfortable with but I'm definitely a fusion of both Western and Asian culture. I'm proud of that and I don't need people to label me using their own standards. *ends rant*

Dont worry about went off a bit, my purpose to ask that is due to the fact that in summer, you get to see plenty of ABCs or ABC- wanna be type of people running around in Taiwan.

It's quite hard for a EBC( europ born asian like me) to accept them, it seems more like, they want to show off something that they have.... you know what im trying express? I feel so awkward sometimes even having a conversation with someone who has been in the US like forever. I have been in the US about 3years( you could say it's quite long also), be truth to everyone, i havent really Americanized myself, except i try to be familiar with the culture, the people, and the history.

I just dislike how they( ABCs and ABC- wanna be) always want to show off at some point( i cannot give a great example to you but hopefully you understand what i am saying).

By the way, i dont drink pepsi or coke. those lame questions = =

Next: How do you like Hugh Grant and his films?

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Dont worry about went off a bit, my purpose to ask that is due to the fact that in summer, you get to see plenty of ABCs or ABC- wanna be type of people running around in Taiwan.

It's quite hard for a EBC( europ born asian like me) to accept them, it seems more like, they want to show off something that they have.... you know what im trying express? I feel so awkward sometimes even having a conversation with someone who has been in the US like forever. I have been in the US about 3years( you could say it's quite long also), be truth to everyone, i havent really Americanized myself, except i try to be familiar with the culture, the people, and the history.

I just dislike how they( ABCs and ABC- wanna be) always want to show off at some point( i cannot give a great example to you but hopefully you understand what i am saying).

:@ :@ :@ :@

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Hugh Grant...never had much of a good impression, don't know why XD

I have only seen one or two of his movies, and I don't remember what they are called XD

Next Question: if you had to choose between The Chronicles of Narnia and Harry Potter, which one would you pick? (the books and the movies)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Ans: Books - Narnia, Movie - *shrug*

Next: How's people enjoying their New Years?

-----------------------------------

Haha! ABC-wanna-bes. I've heard of Asian-wannabes (or Fasian ie. Fake Asian) and White-wannabes but not yet ABC-wannabes. Hmmmmmm.....I've yet to come across US ABC's....wait....I have. My cousins but they're incredibly nice people and certainly don't show off about anything in front of me. Maybe you had a bit of bad luck ^.^;; However, I think I know what you're talking about. I've met some people from the States. While most are cool but yes, at some point, they do want to show off. Something about, "Oh, we're lucky to be living in a free country blah blah blah" - you get the gist. Stereo-type stuff - but again, that's only in the minority.

I have many friends who went abroad when they were young. They came back and started to complain about the country they`d lived. Then they went to the conclusion-Taiwan is really the best place than anywhere. Oh, I was just trying to tell those in Taiwan that cherish what you have now, or you`ll regret.

Well.....interestingly enough, I'm one of those who actually prefer overseas (well, Australia really) than Taiwan. That's not really even the point I'm trying to get across. My point was that I hate being judged or labelled by BOTH cultures. Having one prejudice pressed against you is one thing. Having TWO pressed against you is nauseating. It's like being trapped within the rip of a wave and you're just getting turned and pushed around, over and over in circles by both side of the waves. I'm just annoyed that noone has realised that there isn't a need to have to be one side of the culture and not the other and that being both is just as fine. I find it sad that mixed kids or ABC's tend to have to struggle to see where they fit and in the end, they choose to discard one side of their background (and usually it's the western culture they choose to keep due to peer pressure - well, it depends I guess. If you hang out with Asians more, you choose to ditch Western culture and vice versa.) without realising that being both is perfectly fine as well. Sorry if I went off again - we probably need a new thread for this = =|||

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

mine is just same as last year, the year before.

nothing happened really, except i am extremely tried after the track meet today in what state...i dont even remember. got 4th place in the 3000m, yay.

Next: are you/ your friends competing in college sports?

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

my cousins are ABC

sometimes I say "you and your bro share a familiar music taste"

and she answered " cuz we live in america, so we and my friends share the familiar music taste"

when i say "my chinese is bad :s "

she responsed "my chinese is worse, and it's AMERICA !"

= =

americaamericaamericaamericaamerica

yayy

america is goddamn cool

>= (

those americanized asians dont even know how to read classic chinese but knowing that America is the best country they belong to

poor they :(

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
for some reasons, i thought about ABCs like...... Thai, Vietnamnese= = no offence but that's the image they gave me.

Japan is alright.

Next: which one is more important, Champions League or Premiership?

Champions League !!!

next

do u like reading?

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

引用:

作者: Krislih

yeah you did, you said goddamn cool.

just deal with it.

okay

Just force yourself to use essay English if you can = =|||

Though, personally, I reckon the restriction on this board is waaaaaaaaay over but since you don't want to teach people bad English......I guess....*shrug*

Ans: Yeah, I like reading.

Q: Anymore questions?

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
Just force yourself to use essay English if you can = =|||

Though, personally, I reckon the restriction on this board is waaaaaaaaay over but since you don't want to teach people bad English......I guess....*shrug*QUOTE]

I agree, it is almost impossible to speak this language without the cursing :P for me at least.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Ans; Stereotype labels. People are too obsessed with race. They need to actually define what gene types people have. Though.....it is correct in a sense. Though they may consider themselves Americans, the fact they're Chinese by roots and genes doesn't change no matter how much they want to deny it. Though....to each of their own. They can label themselves whatever they like. Society will label them something else. And the world keeps rolling....

Question: Anymore questions?

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
訪客
這個主題現在已關閉,不能再回覆。