【Chat】 What's your favorite Proverb / Quote?

訪客 carroll.lewis

• 回覆 102
  • Created
  • 最後回覆

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmmm

u didnt clearly define quote

so i guess quotes of any length and of any origin counts

here r mine

Pity? It was pity that stayed Bilbo's hand. Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends.

Frodo: I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you were also meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought.

WALL OF TEXT'D

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 2 weeks later...

1. Don't panic

2. Stress less

3. Win some, lose some

4. If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended

5. Don't worry, be happy

6. You reap what you sow

7. Q: What is the meaning of life?

A: 42

The Babel fish is small, yellow and leechlike, and probably the oddest thing in the Unvierse. It feeds on brainwave energy received not from its own carrier but from those around it. It absorbs all unconscious mental frequenceies from this brainwave energy to nourish itself with. It then excretes into the mind of its carrier a telepathic matrix formed by combining the conscious thought frequencies with nerve signals picked up from the speech centres of the brain which has supplied them. The practical upshot of all this is that if you stick a Babel fish in your ear you can instantly understand anything said to you in any form of language. The speech patterns you actually hear decode the brainwave matrix which has been fed into your mind by your Babel fish.

Now it is such a bizarrely improbable coincidence that anything so mind-bogglingly useful could have evolved purely by chance that some thinkers have chosen to see it as a final and clinching proof of the NONexistence of God.

The argument goes like this: "I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."

"But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED."

"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.

"Oh, that was easy," says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next zebra crossing.

- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglas Adams

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入