【Question】Ask a question about this phrase

Yesterday,my cram school teacher taught us a phrase"To change another words",which has the same meaning as"In other words."

But,my school english teacher told me that there isn't this usage of this phrase.

I confused. Since the Sat is coming,how can a teacher teach a worng thing?

So,for the sake of prudence,I asked my cram school teacher again wether this phrase is right or wrong. "Don't worry.It's absolutely right.

Then, I check the dictionary,my electronical dictionary,wikipedia(en),even the Google,all of which show that there isn't this usage.(Hoever,it exists in Mainland china's web,but I do feel worried about it)

1.Is this phrase certainly exisit?

2.Do I need to change another cram school instead of this one?

又一個無視於版規的 麻煩請加上屬性框警告x1

這次我先代改 下次即刪文

版主 明天的太陽

此內容已被編輯, ,由 Sunriz
鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
Yesterday,my cram school teacher taught us a phrase"To change another words",which has the same meaning as"In other words."

But,my school english teacher told me that there isn't this usage of this phrase.

But my English teacher at school told me this phrase doesn't exist.

I confused. Since the Sat is coming,how can a teacher teach a worng thing?

I'm confused. Since SAT is coming up, how can a teacher be teaching the wrong thing?

(Actually, quite often they do. Teachers are human afterall. They can make mistakes. This high school I know taught an ENTIRE syllabus wrong for the whole year and only found out when one of their students went online to check the syllabus 2 weeks before the final exam. The teacher got fired of course.)

So,for the sake of prudence,I asked my cram school teacher again wether this phrase is right or wrong. "Don't worry.It's absolutely right.

He said, "Don't worry. It's absolutely correct."

Then, I check the dictionary,my electronical dictionary,wikipedia(en),even the Google,all of which show that there isn't this usage.(Hoever,it exists in Mainland china's web,but I do feel worried about it)

Then I checked my dictionary, my electronic dictionary, wikipedia (en), even Google and couldn't find the phrase in any of these resources. (However, it exists in Mainland China's search engine, but I don't really trust it)

1.Is this phrase certainly exisit?

2.Do I need to change another cram school instead of this one?

1. Does this phrase actually exist?

2. Do I need to change to another cram school?

(End correction)

Answer:

1. Phrase doesn't exist. It's "In other words". Never heard anything otherwise. Or maybe it existed once upon a time or is in usage in some really bizarre situation and/or place. To me, that phrase sounds like a Google translation error. (From Chinese to English that is)

2. Yes, you probably should change.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入