我會覺得說在想要去哪一個大學之前

要先想好自己想要學什麼以及想要什麼

高二的暑假滿長的在準備application之餘可以仔細想這個問題

然後對於從何找起我覺得princeton review有出一本好像叫366 best colleges的書非常棒

可以參考一下

此內容已被編輯, ,由 littn
鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

同意littn的看法. 選擇大學真的不應該要用分數排名導向, 而應該綜合自己的需求及學校的專長及持性, 找出最佳的匹配.

這一點其實在國內國外讀大學都是一樣的. 只是台灣的環境在這一點上給學子的彈性很小.不按照那個排序填志願, 差異太大的話可能會受到家長師長同學們的白眼.......久而久之, 學生反而不太注重按照自己需求選校的重要性了.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

妳的分數看起來還不錯, 和我的差不多,

但是申請學校還有許多其他因素,

GPA

AP

課外活動

自傳

我讓你看一下, 我當時申請大學的名單

14所學校, 除了UCB, 其他全中

當時不太有把握, 為了安全起見, 申請了好多所safety school

選大學是一生中的大事

要做足research, 才不會後悔

我買了 Fiske Guide to College一書來研究

加上瀏覽各大學網站的資料

才選出了這些學校

讓你參考看看

希望對你有幫助

=Reach=

UCB

UCLA

U Michigan - Ann Arbor

Georgia Tech

=Match=

UCSD

U Washington (U Dub)

U Texas - Austin

UIUC

=Safety=

UCD

Ohio State U - Columbus

Penn State U - University Park

Rutgers U

U Maryland - College Park

Purdue U - West Lafayette

此內容已被編輯, ,由 ting771210
鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

我現在看到的學校中最想去的是 Dartmouth College

(還有Columbia university和 Chicago university)

因為Dartmouth 的D-plan和校系還有need-blind國際生

我希望申請給國際生financial aid的學校

我的GPA3.8多

之前交換學生過一年

有德語系國家大學程度德文檢定證書

課外表現...就英文演講

比較特別的是全國戲劇賽冠軍

請問一下

這些學校我有機會嗎??

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

So I take it that you like science but don't want to go to a very major-specific college? Those three schools are great choices in that sense. You might also want to consider U Michigan, Duke, UC Berkeley, UCLA and Princeton (slightly tougher than the others).

Your SAT scores are great for a non-native speaker, and you seem to have decent credentials. From my perspective, you can reasonably expect to get into at least a few of the schools mentioned above.

College applications require as much luck as talent, especially for international students. So... best of luck!

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
So I take it that you like science but don't want to go to a very major-specific college? Those three schools are great choices in that sense. You might also want to consider U Michigan, Duke, UC Berkeley, UCLA and Princeton (slightly tougher than the others).

Your SAT scores are great for a non-native speaker, and you seem to have decent credentials. From my perspective, you can reasonably expect to get into at least a few of the schools mentioned above.

College applications require as much luck as talent, especially for international students. So... best of luck!

so, I'm giving SAT another try in October, hoping to get higher scores, but as you mentioned that my being a non-native speaker, does SAT play very important role in admission process, or do colleges consider other criteria more?

what I mean is ,let's say my scores boom on my next SAT, does it aggrandizes my chances "greatly" getting into those schools? I'm not sure how much time to spend on studying for it.... I would love to do something more meaningful if i got spare time ><

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

這板上之前有一個Dartmouth的學長出沒, 你可以找morgan還是其他人問問看他的聯絡方式. 另外選校其實很重要的一點是你大學畢業之後想做什麼, 研究所還是工作? 有其他的問題的話可以PM或用msn問我.

從你的條件看起來, 你列的三所學校都有機會, 接下來就是application要好好寫, 怎麼推銷自己非常重要. 我相信你會進到你喜歡的學校的. Good luck!

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

If I were you, I'd spend more time worrying about essays/ recommendations and such. 跟樓上的學長一樣.

I think the SAT scores are more like a prerequisite. I know a person who got into Harvard with a 2180 SAT, and a person who got rejected with a sweet 2400. That is to say, beyond a certain point (my guess is about 2000), other credentials become more significant. Of course, this is all my speculation because nobody really knows exactly the process works.

oh and btw, some schools (including Princeton, I believe) require 3 SAT subject tests. Might want to pay a little attention on things like that.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
這板上之前有一個Dartmouth的學長出沒, 你可以找morgan還是其他人問問看他的聯絡方式. 另外選校其實很重要的一點是你大學畢業之後想做什麼, 研究所還是工作? 有其他的問題的話可以PM或用msn問我.

從你的條件看起來, 你列的三所學校都有機會, 接下來就是application要好好寫, 怎麼推銷自己非常重要. 我相信你會進到你喜歡的學校的. Good luck!

謝謝你

之後有問題再麻煩你 :)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
If I were you, I'd spend more time worrying about essays/ recommendations and such. 跟樓上的學長一樣.

I think the SAT scores are more like a prerequisite. I know a person who got into Harvard with a 2180 SAT, and a person who got rejected with a sweet 2400. That is to say, beyond a certain point (my guess is about 2000), other credentials become more significant. Of course, this is all my speculation because nobody really knows exactly the process works.

oh and btw, some schools (including Princeton, I believe) require 3 SAT subject tests. Might want to pay a little attention on things like that.

thanks

oh...I left the third Subject out by accident ><

i have also taken German :)

thank you really

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入