【Question】It is hard to read original book

I had gone to placement program of calculus for weeks, and I think there are obstacles to read original book, like the terminologies(which I cannot find any explainment from general dictionary), the fear of facing English text, etc. I want to ask some methods to solve these problems, thanks.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
I had gone to placement program of calculus for weeks, and I think there are obstacles to read original book, like the terminologies(which I cannot find any explainment from general dictionary), the fear of facing English text, etc. I want to ask some methods to solve these problems, thanks.

When I saw the title, I laughed. (Sorry!) It reminds me of a funny thing when I just entered my univeisity. Ha! Ha! I think you refer to textbooks in English as original books. However, there is no such a term as far as I am concerned.

Come back to the topic.

I think studying calculus in English is not so difficult. First, we can just turn to the end of the book to learn the specialized words(usually with the note where the term pops up in the book). Then, try to figure out what the concept deals with. Last, practice a lot.

Uh! Maybe you can spend more time studying the part which tells us how to apply the skills. If doing these doesn't help me a lot, why not just find a Chinese one to find out the obstacles caused by the differences between Chinese and English?

Keep getting better! Good Wish :)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

It has always been a problem for the none-native speaker to read the textbook in English. It is also happened to me. However, there are some tips I used to solve the problem with unable to understand the textbook because the terminology.

First, it is not hard to find the term or the vocabulary which you couldn't find in the dictionary. The most easiest way is to search online and the website I suggest would be wikipedia in English version.

Second, while facing the exams / tests which are written in English, you must be able to fully understand what is the problems asking. In order to achieve this goal, the most important and efficient way is to practice the problems before the tests/ exams in English.

It wouldn't be helpful for you to buy a same textbook but which is written in Chinese for studying. Also, trying to translate every single word in the textbook will not be helpful, either.

Wish you a good luck.~

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

I find it interesting that they make you read original books (I assume it's in English) while never teaching you the terminologies in English before. I find that kind of slack on the education system's part. :(

Try Wikipedia. That's where I find definitions for any technical terms even if the definition is slightly more verbose. Or google around.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 3 months later...

It takes time.

Try to get used to it!

Im studying in America now.

Of course, all the curricula are in English.

As a result, it really took me a lot of time to recognize or to understand what the books were trying to tell me xd

Guess what!

It worked out!

Those books don't seem that challenging to me anymore.

oh and!

My every single class is also taught in English.

So, it surely took me plenty of time to adjust my way of learning.:D

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入