【Chat】I got my visa!!!

I'm going to Boston this summer.

Oh ya!

I've been begging for a study aboard trip since I am 12 ,and Mom allowed me to go there this year.

My uncle is a professor of Tufts University, so he's trying to find some camps for me to join.

I wish I can have a great summer this year.

So, what do you plan to do this summer?

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 4 weeks later...
I'm going to Boston this summer.

Oh ya!

I've been begging for a study aboard trip since I am 12 ,and Mom allowed me to go there this year.

My uncle is a professor of Tufts University, so he's trying to find some camps for me to join.

I wish I can have a great summer this year.

So, what do you plan to do this summer?

What the hell...

I have been planning to go to America this summer, but they refused to give the VISA!!!

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Tufts...wow

I heared that AIT often think that Taiwanese want to stay in USA, so they will ask you about do you ever plan to study in USA or what's your purpose to go there.

You have to answer NO and Never.

In my case, the officer just asked me only like 4 or 5 questions...IN CHINESE and I got my visa. The questions were like... "which state are you going to," "which high school were you graduated from," "why do you choose XXX college," "what's your future major?" etc., and she didn't even see my academic profile, old passports, financial certification, and whatever. I didn't even prepare for the interview questions, and all my answers were like "Pennsylvania" "建中" "because they send me invitation" ect.. There are too many people out there teaching you "skills" to make it, but I guess the ONLY two things you have to keep in mind are a) since you are applying for a non-immigrant visa so never let them think that you have any intention to emigrate to the states even you do, and b) be brief and never play around on the topics; for instance, if the officer ask you "Why do you want to go to the US", simply reply "to study", or "to travel" instead of answers such as "去幫小姑做月子".

Best wishes to everyone going to the states this summer(L)(L)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入