【Question】About English Vocabulary

Does it really work if I memorize a great number of vocabularies and idioms?

Though I have finished the range of 7000 Vocabulary.

I'm still losing to a few of the people in my class who do not systemtically learn their English vocabulary.= ="

I mean those who only finish exercises in the textbook.

Or the reason that causes this circumstance is because of my lack of practice?

Maybe someone had already posted something similar before.

However, I merely want to improve my English grammar and compositional skills so if there are any grammatical mistakes in this post, please pick it out and correct it.

I'll appreciate it.

By the way, how long do you guys finish a composition?

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Wow.. upon seeing that you've finished memorized 7000 vocabularies, I'm very shocked..

Frankly, I haven't even finished 4000 yet...

Thus, I'm a little afraid of Joint College Entrance Examination(sorry I don't know what to say 指考 in English)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
Does it really work if I memorize a great number of vocabularies and idioms?

Does WHAT work? You didn't specify. Does it work when having vocabulary tests? Of course. Does it work in improving your English communication and writing standards? No. Does it help in reading comprehension? Yes and no.

I learned Japanese by doing LOTS and LOTS of reading and understanding things intrinsically. ie. NOT memorizing vocabulary so based on this experience, I never think that learning vocabulary will do any much good in being able to use and understand the language properly. Furthermore, learning vocabulary (in the traditional way. ie. dog = 狗 etc.) hinders you from ever THINKING in the language. You'll always be translating from your language to the other language as oppose to just thinking in the learned langauge to begin with.

Though I have finished the range of 7000 Vocabulary,

Is this a specific list or a book? Or do you mean to say you've learned 7000 vocabulary?

still losing few

people who don't systematically manage the English Vocabulary in my class.

I'm still losing to a few of the people in my class who do not systemtically learn their English vocabulary.

Though I have finished

I mean those who just accomplish the work on textbook.

Errrr - what? Do you mean to say you're losing to the people who only finish exercises in the textbook?

Or the reason that causes this confusing circumstance is

because of my practiced extent?

Ok...I'm confused. WHAT are you trying to say? The cause of your current circumstances is possibly due to your lack of practice? Practice of what though? Your entire post is a little ambiguous (though partly, it's due to the fact that I'm not educated in Taiwan so I don't know a lot of the things you guys are talking about :s)

Maybe there was someone having post the article resembles this:

Maybe someone had already posted something similar before. (yes, they had)

however,

I merely want to promote my english grammar and composition so if there

is any wrong in grammar in my content, surely, then please just pick it out and modify

the sentence.

However, I merely want to improve my English grammar and compositional skills so if there are any grammatical mistakes in this post, please pick it out and correct it.

Note: Don't use promote. Doesn't make sense here. You can promote someone from a lower position to a higher position but you can't "promote" a skill. You can only improve on a skill. (Unless you're trying to pitch yourself for a job in which case, then I guess you can "promote" your skills to the said company)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
The cause of your current circumstances is possibly due to your lack of practice?
Yeah, that's what I mean
though partly, it's due to the fact that I'm not educated in Taiwan so I don't know a lot of the things you guys are talking about
Absolutely not!!! It only results from my promblem.

To the point, thank you for revising my composition and now I know where my problem is.

I think it, my poor English, including grammar and reading comprehension, is mainly because of my lack of practice, just as my composition.

And, at last, acknowledge you again for modifying my grammatical fault and sharing your experience about learning Japanese.

Have a nice day.:E(though it is kind of late)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入