【Chat】Let's describe your school!

We come from different school, and we have little understanding about other schools. So let's introduce your school!

My school's name is “National Ban-Chiao Senior High School.” It's a small school. But rumor has it:“Small as the sparrow is, it possesses all its internal organs.” So it still has sufficient equipment. The only defect is we don't have a lane for running. The most well-known symbol of my school is “the leaf of budhi tree.” By the way, the color of our uniform is light blue!

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Hi, I'm from University of Maryland, and I think this is a good opportunity to advertise my school ;)

University of Maryland in College Park is a university in United States; it's located in the state of Maryland, of course! It's also close to Washington DC and north Virginia. University of Maryland, College Park has a huge campus...I put on some pictures of my university on my blog. if you're interested-->http://www.wretch.cc/blog/wahaphoto/9920772

UMD is known for its engineering majors and computer science majors. For grad school, according to 2009US News, UMD engineering major ranks the 17th, right after University of Wisconsin--Madison and before Harvard University. UMD computer science is ranked the 13th, along with UCLA :)

I think the only thing that I can complain about UMD is that the campus is way too big. It makes it really difficult to run from class to class.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Greetings, I'm from Yong Chuan Senior High School.

Our school is located on a hill, which is next to the four beast mountain.

The position of our school gives us extraordinary mountain scenery and a perfect angle to see the Taipei 101.

Our school mascot is a corn which represents our school's sports uniform: yellow shirt and grass green shorts(looks pretty energetic).

The most things we have in our school are stairs, mosquitoes and ghosts(thats what the teachers say though I haven't seen one before), but most of our equipments are aged and needed to be renewed.

Its really tiring to go to school at the beginning just because there are so many stairs, but we soon got used to it.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Well...I go to University of New South Wales, shortened as UNSW. Hardly anyone outside of Australia ever heard about UNSW. Most only know about University of Sydney (typical).

Anyways, UNSW is probably one of the preferred universities to apply to, especially within New South Wales. Well, actually, put it this way. There are three universities most people think about in Sydney - USYD, UNSW or UTS. As for universities in other states, there's University of Melbourne, University of Queensland and Australian National University.

UNSW started out as an engineering university. Till this day, if you want to do engineering, your best bet is UNSW or even UTS (though some of my friends said a few interns from UTS don't really know what they're doing...so I don't know *shrug*).

So there's the usual advertisement you'll hear about UNSW. Now let's go to the REAL deal. :p

1. It has way too many stairs. Nothing annoys me more than having to go up 1km worth of stairs from Roundhouse, all the way to the Biomedical faculty with a heavy laptop bag on your back. The frustration gets worse if the lecture was boring and useless.

2. Roundhouse is where we usually go for drinking. Yeah, it's the uni bar and it has pools there and an arcade. That's where my Dance Dance Revolution days started. (lol)

3. There's A LOT of food courts and cafe's and restaurant within uni grounds. The only problem is, sometimes they're just a TAD bit pricey.

4. It's 10 mins away from my house. W00t!

5. Outside the university, there's plenty of other restaurants so we're never hungry....unless it's 4am in the morning. Then you'll have to settle for McDonald's.

6. UNSW = Asian land. It is the most international university in Australia. Though if I have to say, it also have the broadest range of people from various background. Personally, I'm happy I didn't choose USYD (which is where most of my friends DID go) which is typically the university people from private schools go to. Maybe I'll talk about my school later. It's interesting by itself.

7. Commerce degree = Asian degree for obvious reason. The other reason is because Australia gives more "points" for overseas students who want to apply for permanent residency if they do Accounting. Though they do give a lot of points for engineering degrees as well, commerce is just way easier than an engineering degree (sorry commerce students).

8. Lots of clubs, mostly racially driven. By that I mean, there's a lot of "Chinese student society", "Japnaese student society", "Greek student society", "Taiwanese student society" etc.etc. You get the gist. The good thing about it is, from time to time, we have a lot of night markets. So for example, 3 weeks ago, the Indonesian student society held an Indonesian night market. We also have Taiwanese and Chinese night market where I go crazy with Taiwanese snacks I don't get to eat everyday. :p

9. There's also a lot of funny hobby societies - the most popular is the Revues. That is, students come up with a show that usually consists of a series of short skits that is inline with the "theme" of the year. There's MedRevue, which is created by Medical students (though anyone can join). There's Law Revue (obvious who created it) and there's CSE Revue - which is Computer Science and Engineering Revue (that's my faculty). Of course, the jokes in the skits are related to the degree of the Revue so for CSE Revue (the only one I usually go to), there's a lot of nerdy jokes. :p

That's all I can think of right now

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 2 months later...

lets say the high school i went in the US.

as everyone can see on the left side, rowland high school, shortened as RHS, is a public high school located in the valley area in Los Angeles, the state of California.

since i finished my sophomore yr (known as 高一)in TW, i started from junior yr in this school(known as 高二). this area is known as their variety of ethnic races(am i saying this term right lol). there are chinese, hispanic, korean, vietnamese, and even philipino everywhere. therefore, some people regard this region as a relay station of immigration.

in the campus of RHS, about 30 percent of students is Chinese, this estimate might not include so-called Chinese-Americans, or known as ABCs. In some other word, there are 30 percent of students is non-English speakers, which is quite shocking. u can even speak Chinese (or Korean, or Cantonese, or any other non-English languages if u are one of native speaker of this language )all day in the campus without any linguistic difficulties (shrug)

that might be a feature other high schools in the US do not have.(shrug again)

plz point out if grammar mistakes detected

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi!

Let me describe my school to you.

I just graduated from Kaohsiung Municipal Girl's Senior High School, KGHS for short.

It's a school with only female students, and all the students are friendly, we love to make friends and share some secrets with each other.

Not like some mechanical impression of students in our school, we can not only study but also play. The students in our school are not book worms, we also hold many activities during our spare time.

The senior high school's life in KGHS is wonderful, I'll never forget this unforgettable memory.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 2 weeks later...

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入