【討論】海外版non-academic

• 回覆 58
  • Created
  • 最後回覆

Top Posters In This Topic

這篇文的目的誠然是希望大家提供一些把海外版變得更好的想法,不是分享non-academic經驗。文之所以不去刪是因為我希望尊重到每一個人的發言,但此文誠同小毛所說,歪帖了。

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
What do you mean by non-academic though?

Learn more about the culture of the country you're living in?

Probably, or anything that's helpful in the non- academic way? lol

this would really depends on how social people are?

There's this place somewhere in Nebraska is real neat I think, I assumed everyone knows the "Stonehenge"... so this thing located in Nebraska is called "Carhenge", it is a replica of the Stonehenge, except it is made with American vintage automobiles and all covered with gray spray paint. Built by an artist named Jim Reinders and he built it in 1987 I believe....

Anyhow! This "Carhenge" surely sounds weird, but I visited the place once and I think it is rather cool! :D

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, firstly, I don't like night clubs but I can tell you WHERE you could find them.

For the downright seedy strip clubs and the occassional (or not so occassional) hookers, go to Kings Cross. You're bound to party all night there (but yes, there will be drug dealers there so do be careful.)

There is this REALLY nice Japanese restaurant there called JuJu

http://www.eatability.com.au/au/sydney/ju_ju/

Oh, and yeah, that website's handy if you want to search for restaurants.

For gay clubs, walk along Oxford St. Stonewall Hotel's one such place. There's also "The Tool Shed" if you really want to buy those odd adult toys (or just want to go in there to see what's being sold. Quite an experience - but a little disturbing I have to say >_>).

Oxford Street probably has the most night clubs but yes, as I've said, it's also the gay and lesbian hangout so if you are just that *tad* homophobic, stay away then.

For straight clubs on Oxford, there's Milk (I think)....and Havana I think. There's also this other one on the other side of Havana (forgot it's name) that's REALLY nice. It has like, multiple rooms inside and plays decent music at reasonable volume and hosts live band concerts. There's also pool tables in there. Pretty trendy and I DEFINITELY prefer it over Havana's smoke-filled, seedy atmosphere (not to mention, TERRIBLE music at deafening volume).

My brother also told me that at around Taylor Square (also at Oxford - well, corner from Oxford, around the big intersection there before you turn into Anzac Parade), there's a place called Bed and Lounge Bar and it's a bar AND restaurant but there's no seats. You lie in a bed to eat instead. Sounds awesome so I might be checking that place out soon.

On George St, this is probably where most Asians hang out because on George St, the street behind it (Pitt St), and the street in front of it (was it Sussex? Can't remember), there's Karaoke bars everywhere. This is also where the cinemas is and filled with affordable pubs. There's this new trendy bar called Albion Hotel (I think) opened opposite Galaxy World and I quite like it there. It was quiet and lots of cushy sofas to lounge about. Drink's a tad expensive though.

There's also this other bar, called Cheers, opposite World Square (also on George) that's EXTREMELY popular with Asians because of the Hip Hop music or something (well, I don't know. Never been in there but I ALWAYS see this MASSIVE line filled with Asians waiting to get in).

In World Square, there's also this trendy bar and quite a few nice restaurants (including 鼎泰豐 :p). World Square's also a nice place to shop (though a LITTLE expensive)

There USED to be two VERY cheap (and popular) bars called Maloney's and Bar Ace but they got closed down.

If you go to Chinatown, hmmmm, I'd say this place is TOURIST trap. DON'T eat any of those restaurants with people standing about with menus, trying to get you into their restaurants. It's most likely crap. Do go to this AWESOME restaurant called Wagaya which is on Hay St, opposite entertainment centre (which is where most Taiwanese pop stars perform when they come to Sydney). Nagoya's not too bad and 水井防 opposite is an awesome 四川 restaurant.

That covers the city area (almost). Well, in terms of night clubs and karaoke places. If you are out and about in the morning, talk a stroll down Hyde Park or have a picnic there. Really nice to just lie on the grass under the sun. If you feel like shopping, David Jones and Myers is just across the street. Pitt street mall's also good for shopping (tourist trap too because that's where Sydney Tower is).

If you keep going down George St, you'll get to Town Hall which hosts many concerts throughout the year. You can go in and take a look inside on normal days but it's pretty boring. UNDERNEATH Town Hall is filled with shopping stores though. Opposite Town Hall is Galeries Victoria. To the LEFT (or right, depending where you're standing) of Town Hall is Queen Victoria Building which is the oldest shopping mall in Sydney (I think). Top floor of Queen Victoria Building have certain artifacts on display for you to look for free. All other floors are shopping areas. Town Hall, Queen Victoria Building and Galeries Victoria are all linked underground and eventually leads to Town Hall Train Station.

In Galeries Victoria, there's also lots of shopping area and one very good restaurant called 一番星 (always packed). In front of 一番星 is Kinokuniya which is a Japanese book store but it sells books from all over the world. There's a special Chinese and Japanese section so yeah, again, where most Asians hang out (I certainly go there to stock up my manga collections).

Going back to Hyde Park, there's a War Memorial standing at one side of the park which you can enter for free by memory. On the other side of Hyde Park is a big fountain. I can't remember WHICH side....but to the opposite....of that side (go check a map - it's easy to find) there's the National Museum (next to Sydney Grammar School) which usually have some interesting exhibition happening.

Speaking of museums, near Darling Harbour (next to Sydney Entertainment Centre but you have to keep heading down), there's also Powerhouse Museum.

As for Darling Harbour, again, LOTS of clubs and LOTS of restaurants but that's if you earn 300k per annum :p. Ok, not REALLY. It's TRENDY and really up-market put it that way (terrible music though). They do put on plenty of shows from time to time there and an awesome place for the New Year fireworks. Keep walking....eastish....I think...gargh! Again, get a map! You'll get to the Rocks. This is where the first settlement was so MANY sandstones building. This is also the place where they hold many festivals such as coffee festival, wine festival etc. On weekends, there's a market here where artists sell really trendy stuff they made themselves. Good restaurants around here too. In particular notice, you MUST try Lowenbrau (a German restaurant - packed though) and Pancake at the Rocks (awesome pancakes - again, packed).

Errrm....I'm SLEEPING! Gargh! It's 3am!

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入