【Chat】It's so difficult to type in English fast = =

Can you type in English fast? I can't.....T_T

It's not as easy as Chinese symbols......The alphabets are in random order.= =""

I have to look at my keyboard almost all the time...

Unlike me, my father can type in Enlish so fast, hardly making any mistake!

So unbelieveable!:P

(by the way:I also type in Chinese slowly.:P)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Its just a matter of getting used to it. My English typing used to be slow but as most of websites in English have more information than Chinese ones Ive got no choice but to learn it. However typos are easlily found in my posts because I am just a poor speller even when Im writing.

The best way to improve your typing is to find a forum discussing something you like - eg, favourite artists, similar interests, etc etc. - and chat with the members as often as you can. The forum I now, and have been visiting the most is this: http://www.tvforum.co.uk/forum/ Join me if you like to talk about TV presentation (though I guess therere only very few people like us in the world being addicted to on-screen graphics, presenters maternity leaves, or that kind of things lol)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Go download a program called "Typequick". Teaches you how to type. There's many typing games online anyways for you to practice. I learned to type properly in year 4 because my school made all of us learn using the said program.

Secondly, I type in Chinese slow - hahahaha. English is so much easier for me. (My speed is 102 words per minute max. Average is around 98 - though I think it has something to do with my piano that allows me to type this fast.)

Just a side note, the keyboard isn't listed alphabetically because it's harder to type in English that way. The alphabest are placed in order of usage frequency. That is, the alphabest that are used more often are placed in the centre, the next most used, around those letters and so forth - something along those lines. For example, the letter "z" is all the way to the bottom left and is hard to reach unless you shift your left hand down a bit in order to hit it. That's because the letter "z" is hardly used and hence it's placed in a place on the keyboard that is less easily reached.

On yet ANOTHER side note, German keyboard swaps the z and y around - amongst many other letters. I got SOOO confused when I was trying to type an email when I was in Vienna. >_>

Edit: I found a site that tests your typing speed.

http://www.goodtyping.com/test.php

My Results:

Keystrokes Per Minute (KPM): 524

Words Per Minute (WPM): 105

Time (seconds): 84

Errors: 43 (5.86%)

Awesome! I'm 10th in their ranking!. :p

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
By the way, I can type English without looking at my keyboard.

That's called touch-typing - and yeah, you SHOULDN'T look at your keyboard if you wanna type fast - including Chinese. :p

On a random, unrelated note, you also shouldn't look at your fingers while playing piano - same deal - and yeah, off topic. :p

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
I think it's true what they said "Practice makes perfect!" Haha

Come here often then your typing will improve.

exactly,

but i found something interesting, which is that not every english can type in a correct way, just like some friends mentioned above, they always use just two or three fingers to type all the texts. however, as time went by, they became more familiar with the location of every single alphabet so their typing speed has become faster as well.

anyway, i want to recommend my methond to you guys, which is typing news.

open a news website and choose one artical you're interested in, and then narrow the windows page down. afterwards, open the word software, and narrow it down as well. look at the texts, and in the meantime, type those text in the software,,

practice makes perfect, :E

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 3 weeks later...
\

Secondly, I type in Chinese slow - hahahaha. English is so much easier for me. (My speed is 102 words per minute max. Average is around 98 - though I think it has something to do with my piano that allows me to type this fast.)

Just a side note, the keyboard isn't listed alphabetically because it's harder to type in English that way. The alphabest are placed in order of usage frequency. That is, the alphabest that are used more often are placed in the centre, the next most used, around those letters and so forth - something along those lines. For example, the letter "z" is all the way to the bottom left and is hard to reach unless you shift your left hand down a bit in order to hit it. That's because the letter "z" is hardly used and hence it's placed in a place on the keyboard that is less easily reached.

That's really fast! I type about 40 words per minute, and that's about the fastest around my peers.

One thing you said is not right though. The QWERTY keyboard was arranged not to make you type easier. It was in fact arranged that way to make your typing MORE DIFFICULT!! Surely the O is an often-used alphabet located on the top right corner in front of your ring finger. This is because the keyboard was designed back then when typewriters can't handle rapid typing, so they decided to make people type harder in order to slow down typing.

Now that the keyboards can handle intensive usage, a guy invented "Dvorak keyboard", which has all the frequently used letters arranged at the middle roll. Theoretically people can type faster using this. But in my experience, the Dvorak keyboard layout doesn't make people type significantly faster than they could using the original layout even after they get used to it. It's probably because people can move their fingers fast enough so that the speed of their mind, thinking how to spell or what to type...etc., turns out to be the limiting factor, though I'm not sure if this will remain the fact for native or fluent English speakers. However, while many people won't type faster after converting to Dvorak, this keyboard layout does cause less strain to the user's fingers and wrists, and is therefore more healthy.

You can google or use wikipedia for further information about these keyboard layouts.

BTW, I myself use the Dvorak keyboard layout. The layout can be summoned(is this the right term?) in Windows OS at the place where you set your input method. But the keyboard hardware will remain the same of course, so I'm pressing "kjd;d pdkkdo;" when I enter "these letters".

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
However, while many people won't type faster after converting to Dvorak, this keyboard layout does cause less strain to the user's fingers and wrists, and is therefore more healthy.

Hmmmm...might check that out. If it decreases the chance of RSI.....but I think it's too late for me to change. I'm completely used to the current keyboard layout. The only reason I type this fast, I reckon anyways, is firstly due to the actual training I got from school and secondly, piano. Fingers are just that much stronger and secondly, very used to not looking at fingers while strikign the correct key (a must in piano).

It's probably because people can move their fingers fast enough so that the speed of their mind, thinking how to spell or what to type...etc., turns out to be the limiting factor, though I'm not sure if this will remain the fact for native or fluent English speakers.

Being a fluent English speaker doesn't necessarily mean you're a good speller. :p:p Friends that hardly use the computer type REALLY slowly. :p:p

Practice - I think that's all.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
That's called touch-typing - and yeah, you SHOULDN'T look at your keyboard if you wanna type fast - including Chinese. :p

On a random, unrelated note, you also shouldn't look at your fingers while playing piano - same deal - and yeah, off topic. :p

Oh, now I fianally know why I can't type quickly both in Chinese and English.

But I think typing without looking at the keybord is really hard!

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@@

I was not able to type Chinese quickly at first .But since I began to play on-game it became different! It is necessary to type fast! You will do poor in the team without typing fast! Now,most of my friends are amazing that I could type fast with few mistakes!

So,practice makes perfact!

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 1 month later...
Can you type in English fast? I can't.....T_T

It's not as easy as Chinese symbols......The alphabets are in random order.= =""

I have to look at my keyboard almost all the time...

Unlike me, my father can type in Enlish so fast, hardly making any mistake!

So unbelieveable!:P

(by the way:I also type in Chinese slowly.:P)

lol, don't worry. practice does make perfect!

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入