【Question】graguate school

I am a 1st grade student at NCU. After about three to four years, I have to study graguate school. But, is it necessary to study it??? What would you like to study in Taiwan or abroad???

I am collecting the information of the universities of the USA. But, is it the best choice to go to America if I study abroad???

What is your opinion or thought???

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
I have to read graguate school.

Read? You mean "study".

I think it completely depends on your career goal. You should always think about WHY you're getting certain qualifications and not just getting qualifications for the sake of it. Actual work experience is a lot more worthy than your qualifications to be honest because everything you learn at uni is all theory anyways. What you learn at work is the real useful stuff.

For me, I'm almost graduating and I'm not thinking of doing any graduate program except maybe a Graduate Diploma in Pedagogy (Instrumental) because I've been teaching piano since first year at university and would like to continue just as a side job alongside my full-time career simply because I enjoy it. I'm thinking of pursuing so I can learn how to teach piano PROPERLY. Not to mention, many of my students are eventually getting to the stage where I would need to transfer them to my teachers because I can't teach higher grades so getting an actual qualification will help me find new students (I'm only intending to teach 3 every Saturday though :p - also, my major at uni is Software Engineering - completely unrelated >_>)

As for graduate program for my major, currently not thinking of doing ANY at the moment simply because uni is seriously, a big waste of time. Having worked in several internships, I find actual work experience a lot more useful than uni so I reckon it's a lot more beneficial to start working and gain actual experience. If there ever comes to a point in my career that I need further qualifications, THEN I'll think about it. For example, my brother worked for 2.5 years in Taiwan and decided he doesn't want to be an engineer but a manager so he pursued an MBA degree (which he'll start this year - good on him - he got into a good one too).

In retrospect, I've seen plenty of people, mostly overseas students coming here to Australia to get masters or doctorate degree and whether it benefits them is debateable. Many came here just so they can get a qualifications overseas but never thought about WHY. As a result, many of them actually can't find a job as they've hoped simply because they've spent most of their time at uni, getting more and more qualifications but no actual work experience so hardly any company will want to hire them.

However, this is situation in Australia. As for Taiwan, most companies in Taiwan certainly digs for higher qualifications. Since bachelor degrees are so easily attainable in Taiwan these days, it's probably well worth it to get further qualifications - I'm not sure - it totally depends on the situation in Taiwan and also, YOUR goals. In Australia, companies prefer people with actual experience rather than qualifications - unless they NEED you to have certain qualifications. I'm not going for any also simply because it doesn't serve my purpose. The bottom line is, think about WHAT your goal is and whether it suits the environment you intend to work in, then decide whether you need that further qualification.

As for is the best choice America - that, again, depends on your goals and what you want to study. If the best university for the course you want to do happen to be in the States, then go to the States. If it's in the UK, then go to the UK. etc.etc. There's also financial stuff you need to think about as well. Both US and UK are pretty pricey. Australia's cheaper in comparison. In general, uni just sucks in my opinion. If I can stay away from it, I'd love to - and I will soon - YAY!

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入