【Question】what do you think about the english tests at school?

Since i got first prize in the Taipei's speech contest, her reason for why my answers are incorrect have been"太像演講搞" it's getting ridiculous!

Get your mum and complain directly to the principal. Sounds like she's just being stubborn and refuse to accept the fact that she's wrong.

During my first year in junior high, she taught hand writing. The hand writing she taught was different from the joined up writing i learned in England, so i showed her the work books i used in England and she said that my british teachers in England were wrong.

HAHAHAHA! So she's suggesting that teachers in England, despite being the country where the language originated from, is teaching it wrong? She DEFINITELY sounds like she's in denial.

(By the way, she also told loads of other teachers in school that i was a difficult student.)

She's sounding more and more like an incompetent teacher who can only deal with ONE type of students - students that don't question. They're probably the worst type of teachers because they can't adapt their teaching methods according to their students' ability and instead FORCES all of their students to conform to ONE standard. It's the worst someone can do in education.

high school teachers and professors arent really more professional in a sense, it depends on their age and the kind of education they got.

Hahahahaha - I find my high school teachers were the better teachers. Uni lecturers are the worst out of the lot. ^.^

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 1 year later...
I lived in England for four years. Most people think that i should love taking english tests at school, but honestly, i don't. I'd rather take Chinese tests if i could choose because I hate "單一答案制".

ex. 翻譯題: "Tommy和我要兩塊餅乾."

i wrote: "Tommy asked me for two cookies."

the correct answer was: "Tommy and I want two cookies."

both sentences can be translated into the same chinese, but of course, my teacher said it was wrong.

填空題: Alex speaks English e__________tly

i wrote "eloquently"

the correct answer was "excellently"

Everytime i have problem with the school's english tests, i ask a teacher i met at HSNU(he's a professional interpreter and now teaches on TV), he would say "this is another stupid question written by a tiwanese teacher"

Does anybody have the same feeling about english tests as i do or is it just my personal problem?

Ps. feel free to correct my english, i'd appreciate it. I know my grammar is awful. lol

I had the same problem when I first came back to Taiwan. (I still do though, so it isn't just you!)

Although, I found your answer to "Alex speaks English ____" was quite funny. Goes to show just how good your English is xd

I find how the teachers teach English here in Taiwan limits a student's grasp on the language. I don't think that's a good thing...considering a language is something that's supposed to have different ways of conveying a meaning.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入