【Chat】what do you want to major in the future?

I was planning to major in physics, but im not sure whether I would be able to spend four years on theoretical studies.

Now, Artificial Intelligence(AI) is my alternative so far. But according to all the research I did, this field mainly concentrates on computer programming, rather than neroscience as I expected.

I wonder what do people here want to major in the college?

(welcome to share the experience of your major if you are a college student)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
i want to be an industrial designer(furniture, glass, etc.)

i always have lots of idea when i am drawing. haha

i also want to be a teacher, cuz i think education is one of the most important part in our life.

I always want to do some sort of design in the future. For my understanding, the industrial design is extremely competitive. :P By the way, i saw your post on the oversea student forum, and if you need the ranking of colleges, i can send the Exel file to you thorugh msn.

nevertheless, you have to add my msn first, haha

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
I always want to do some sort of design in the future. From my understanding, the industrial design is extremely competitive. :P By the way, i saw your post on the oversea student forum, and if you need the ranking of colleges, i can send the Excel file to you thorugh msn.

however, you have to add my msn first, haha

I probably would do engineering or economics if i can start over..

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
I always want to do some sort of design in the future. For my understanding, the industrial design is extremely competitive. :P By the way, i saw your post on the oversea student forum, and if you need the ranking of colleges, i can send the Exel file to you thorugh msn.

nevertheless, you have to add my msn first, haha

Yep, I know it's competitive, but I think i can handle it. After all, that's my favorite, maybe you can see some of my products on the TV or internet ad. someday, haha. Since I don't have any basis of "design" is it appropriate for me to major industrial design in college?

Being a designer is really cool, I mean when you see some people are using your product, I think I will take pride in myself, haha. By the way, I had already added your msn, thanks for your help. :E

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

I must do journalism at NCCU or else I probably will be sent back to the UK. Its kind of weird that on the one hand Im interested in studying in Britain (where I believe their university education is much better for me) and on the other I dont actually want to leave Taiwan.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
I must do journalism at NCCU or else I probably will be sent back to the UK. Its kind of weird that on the one hand Im interested in studying in Britain (where I believe their university education is much better for me) and on the other I dont actually want to leave Taiwan.

I know how you feel...aside from the ridiculous tuition fees for Canadian universities, I would like to study in Canada or the States...But I would still like to study in a Taiwanese university first...not sure why....

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
haha i didn't mean to pick on you; it's just that other people who are not too comfortable with english yet won't get misled or confused! =)

xD

I am fine with it. I was actually going to thank for you correcting me, or i will never realize my mistake. :)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

I orignally want to major in hotel management, but i went to look up the universities in Taiwan, but not many GOOD schools offer this choice. so Im thinking of doing Business Management, do you guys have any suggestion which universities in Taiwan have good education experience in this field?

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
I orignally want to major in hotel management, but i went to look up the universities in Taiwan, but not many GOOD schools offer this choice. so Im thinking of doing Business Management, do you guys have any suggestion which universities in Taiwan have good education experience in this field?

I only know that Cornell University in US has the best hotel management department in the US (maybe even in the world)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
Same here. I want to experience the university in Taiwan. Join lots of crazy clubs, meet lots of people and build up tight connections with people.

It's rather hard to do this in the universities in US.

oh,im contrary to you and i envy you,too!I dont have the chance to go aboard so as no people to chat with me in English.

Do western people nice to foreigners?if i were you,i think i couldnt talk to them easily because of the communicatuin problem(my English is not so good)and i myself am not good at chating XD

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
oh,im contrary to you and i envy you,too!I dont have the chance to go aboard so as no people to chat with me in English.

Do western people nice to foreigners?if i were you,i think i couldnt talk to them easily because of the communicatuin problem(my English is not so good)and i myself am not good at chating XD

if you are an asian girl, foreigners are EXTRA nice to you, just because most White guys have an Asian fetish, and they want to pickup Asian chicks!

I'm sure you'll do fine. A lot of people will be glad to help you! =)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
if you are an asian girl, foreigners are EXTRA nice to you, just because most White guys have an Asian fetish, and they want to pickup Asian chicks!

according to my expereince, i couldnt agree with you more lol

but honestly speaking, sometimes it turns out quite creepy...

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 2 weeks later...

Most likely Physics (Electromagnetism's too fun), Mathematics (Number theory is my favourite), Electrical Engineering (itching to learn transmission line theory) and Computer Science (d'uh).

Meanwhile, this board gets populated with people from the foreign student board as we are typing right now. ( Nah, I am a local student. )

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 3 weeks later...
I was planning to major in physics, but im not sure whether I would be able to spend four years on theoretical studies.

Uni's ALL theory anyways. Don't get your hopes high. The only place you'll ever learn that's REAL and truly useful is in the workplace. Uni's merely training you how to think and be independent. (and gain that graduation certificate so that you can go to companies and demand better pay)

Now, Artificial Intelligence(AI) is my alternative so far. But according to all the research I did, this field mainly concentrates on computer programming, rather than neroscience as I expected.

......@_@

I'm so surprised you expected AI to be neuroscience. :s:s

AI, to put it simply, is creating computers that can think. ie. robots so yes, it's purely computer programming. Do medicine if you want to do neuroscience.

Currently doing my final semester of software engineering and am thankful because I'm so sick of uni. (Reason is b/c, yes, it's all theory. Don't get your hopes high kids. Uni sucks. Enjoy high school while you can before you become a grumpy old fourth year like me)

I'll HALF agree with you. If you're an Asian girl and you're around your friends who grew up in a society filled with Asians, they won't give you special treatment. If you're an Asian girl and you meet people (particularly men) above the age of 50, THEN they'll be nice to you....provided they're not red necks because if they're red necks, they'll be telling you to get out of their country.

Most white guys DO NOT have an Asian fetish. They only make up 10% of the population in my opinion. Though I'll agree with the person who said she thinks they're creepy - they REALLY are - especially if they're at least 10 to 20 years your senior (which seems to be the case for me when I meet them - except for this one case when I met one who's 2 years younger than me - he wasn't creepy - he just annoyed me). Also, they seem to all reverberate the same type of VIBE or aura - I don't know how to explain it. It's just when I meet a guy who has an Asian fetish, I'll know instantly without even talking to them. :s

The creepiest one I met's got to be this 30 year old man (who sweats a lot, may I add) in my maths lecture. He wears a blue T-shirt that says, "I love China" in Chinese and constantly sits next to a Chinese girl while not forgetting to say hi to me and trying to ask what my name is in which case, I pretend I didn't hear him and start talking to my friend to get out of the lecture room ASAP.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 2 weeks later...

Now, I am a student of mechanical engineering in the NCU. Although I am fond of thinking about science, but there are some subjects that make me want to know - why do I have to learn this, or if I do my best on this, is it REALLY useful in my future ?

And, of course, in Taiwan as usual, there are some students preparing for the exam of returning to the BETTER school. But why do they wast their time and money on these which will not appear in THE EXAM ?

I have some thought that those who major in the DOUBLE E will have better life or jobs in the future, but maybe I always do and think what I like, I will also live a better life.

I will tell those who will choose the college that,

1. to know what you really want to pursue in all your life.

2. to know what you will learn in that department.

3. to make sure that you never give up on the road you will walk along.

GOOD LUCK :E

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 2 weeks later...

well my choices arent abundant, l o l

-psychology: simply cuz i am interested in almost every field of this major, from social psych to criminology to abnormal psych to general psych and to whatever that's relevant to psych

-pre-med: my parents want me to do this, but mostly my motivation comes from myself; the starting salary attracts me overwhelmingly, lollllll

-pre-optometry: Since my dad is an eye doctor, i think this will be a good option, thou i dont even know if this major will lead to my dad's job, and i know that very few schools(about 4%) offers this major....

-biochem: chances are i will pass the MCAT(or whatever it is) and attend medical school more easily... i suck at chemistry thou.

-fine art/ interior design/architecture: They are all my interests, but not that of my parentsXD Indeed every personality assessment shows that art is my strongest field...

I like history, too, but it's not in my consideration.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入