因為想進好一點的學校,所以她有在補 SAT

然後還有參加一些比賽和開始蒐集作品做 portfolio

提供給你做參考囉 :)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

恩........

這是我做給我弟的,給你參考

需要時間準備的資料:

1. 在校成績(最好所有的科目都維持在80分以上,台灣高中打分比較..恩.....有75分也行,但是排名要好)

2. 推薦信x3(所以要跟老師們維持好的關係)

3. 學校社團(最好以有表演、有比賽的社團為主)

4. 義工活動(校外找自己喜歡的做,一週原則上是2個小時,維持兩年至少)

5. 作品集 (如果你要申請設計、藝術相關的科系)

申請學校需要的資料:

1. 在校成績單

2. 考試成績(TOEFL/SAT/SATII)

3. 履歷表

4. 自傳或是回答小問題(這就是你平常活動及義工經驗用的上的地方哩)

5. 申請表

6. Why Essay (為什麼要選擇這所學校)

7. 申請費和財力證明(如果要申請FA,要繳交家庭收入的CSS表)

8. 面試(如果學校要求的話)

Ivies來說,考試成績大約是:

TOEFL 600 (iBT 100)

SAT 2000 up

SATII 三科(不能考國語,最好是社會科目一個,自然數學一個,外語一門),每科在650以上

不過,考試成績除了TOEFL有門檻外,其他的都只是一個成績,不能完全代表你的能力

能考高最好考高,讓自己安心點,不能考高也沒有關係,盡你最大的努力,在其他的地方也好好展現就是

日本的話,早稻國際教養是看台灣的學測,在校成績跟面試 =))

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
恩........

這是我做給我弟的,給你參考

需要時間準備的資料:

1. 在校成績(最好所有的科目都維持在80分以上,台灣高中打分比較..恩.....有75分也行,但是排名要好)

2. 推薦信x3(所以要跟老師們維持好的關係)

3. 學校社團(最好以有表演、有比賽的社團為主)

4. 義工活動(校外找自己喜歡的做,一週原則上是2個小時,維持兩年至少)

5. 作品集 (如果你要申請設計、藝術相關的科系)

申請學校需要的資料:

1. 在校成績單

2. 考試成績(TOEFL/SAT/SATII)

3. 履歷表

4. 自傳或是回答小問題(這就是你平常活動及義工經驗用的上的地方哩)

5. 申請表

6. Why Essay (為什麼要選擇這所學校)

7. 申請費和財力證明(如果要申請FA,要繳交家庭收入的CSS表)

8. 面試(如果學校要求的話)

Ivies來說,考試成績大約是:

TOEFL 600 (iBT 100)

SAT 2000 up

SATII 三科(不能考國語,最好是社會科目一個,自然數學一個,外語一門),每科在650以上

不過,考試成績除了TOEFL有門檻外,其他的都只是一個成績,不能完全代表你的能力

能考高最好考高,讓自己安心點,不能考高也沒有關係,盡你最大的努力,在其他的地方也好好展現就是

日本的話,早稻國際教養是看台灣的學測,在校成績跟面試 =))

TOEFL以高中英文程度可以考到多少?

是不是該去補考SAT的補習班?什麼時候去補?高一/高二?

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
TOEFL以高中英文程度可以考到多少?

是不是該去補考SAT的補習班?什麼時候去補?高一/高二?

如果以高中畢業英文程度來說

大概是英檢中級左右吧

換算成托福

大約在IBT-60分左右

而SAT又比托福更難..

所以說

直接拼SAT吧!!

補習班的中級課程

對托福和SAT來說

可能幫助就沒有那麼大了

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

yah... when I prepared for it, I studied SAT first. Then, TOEFL would be comparatively easy for you. As to the SAT2, for UCs you can take Chinese, and in fact they would want you to have a language (and I don't think you'll have time to pick up another language unless you've already know one).

Also, most schools do NOT ask for your AUTOBIOGRAPHY. Instead, they have a personal statements with designated questions. Hence, you shouldn't be writing long passages but in most cases only up to 500 words.

As to the performance at school, I know some high schools in Taiwan consider 80up to be A, which is an aspect you can use at your advantage. The volunteer works and clubs are things that you don't necessarily have to have both. I remembered in my application I only talked about my volunteer work in 12 th grade but no later. However, I still have extensive involvement in my clubs in high school. What school admission committee members are looking for is not you are involving in a lot of activities but rather you have a prolonged commitment in a single event.

Oh... another thing, I don't think you need to write a CV yet because I don't think any schools had asked me to send one in. Instead, you should really sit down and think hard about your activities and honors. As to the "why" essay, I think only UPenn asked for that but not the others I've applied to (mostly top 20).

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

TOEFL的英文程度是看自己平常的累積,跟高中畢業大學畢業沒有絕對的關係,我覺得...

如果真的有打算要考,平常就可以開始加強自身的能力了,會幫到TOEFL也會幫到學測的

學校不同,要求的東西也不同;高中不同,所接觸的申請資訊也會不同

以我去年申請的學校(Ivies/藝術大學/top LAC),因為申請的人很多,想要突出還是需要一些其他的東西....~"~

履歷表是面試的時候使用(我申請的所有學校都有面試=.=),可以給面試者一個很快的印象...畢竟很多面試者沒有看過你的個人資料,很容易冷場

我是先寫字傳,這樣小問題也好回答,尤其是當申請的學校多時,很多小問題其實可以直接從自傳抽段,稍作修改使用,junior/senior這麼忙的階段,節省時間很重要啦~

中文,不要說考了,我家只有奶奶是說中文的,學校連第二外語都不讓我拿....我可以確定的是Harvard U. 絕對不把這個當作SATII的成績~"~

Why Essay,如果你所申請的學校是要面試的,強烈的建議還是要先寫,LAC對這個非常看重。學生素質還是其次,fit不fit是學校首要考量的依據。

還是那句話,美國學校太多,規定太多,甚至很多規定,你跟學校凹凹,學校都可以打折扣。因為是高一,全面的加強自己所喜歡的事物,多看書,多聽,多思考,多增加自己的經歷留下生命的足跡....在申請上,不管你遇到什麼都可以很好的發揮。

再說,從現在到你申請的那一天,還不知道學校有多少變化呢!!(笑)

Best,

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

well... it really depends on schools and who you are interviewing with. Most of the school the interviewers will have to review your files first unless it is a closed file interview.

Now, I am serving as a closed file interviewer at my school (actually all interviews in my school are closed-file). I seldom see any person giving me CV (for more than 10 interviews I have conducted, I only got one CV), also I will want you to express yourself rather than letting me read the CV. Therefore, I will try to know you as much as possible but without knowing any other information you have presented to the school. This way, I'll know what's most important to you.

You might want to think about why you want to apply to the school, but you don't have to write an essay. In fact, I think it would be weird to just recite the essay during the interview. :P To us, it is more important to show your personality and show your ambition.

Also, in terms of essay writing, actually in the later stage you'll discover that you keep recycling the essays. As long as they are asking about similar points, do not hesitate to reuse and modify for different schools. But you don't have to commit yourself to write an autobiography (in fact it is hard to write in my opinion... :D)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

樓上的同學誤會我的意思了,不過我想是我沒有說清楚

直接說我面試的學校好了.....Wellesley/Smith/Mount Holyoke

我知道會需要履歷表是因為這三所學校都不見得是AO裡面的人直接面試的

這三所都是規定所有人都要面試,所以很多人是校友或是剛畢業的學姊出來面試

這樣,很多因為作業關係,常常導致這些“義工“沒有拿到學生資料 =.=|||||

其他類似的學校也是,同學們去面試常常有面試者根本搞不清楚你是誰........

(經驗告訴我們,如果可以去學校,最好親自走一趟~"~)

除了Mount Holyoke直接是director面試外,其他兩間都沒有拿到我的資料

履歷表就真的幫了很大的忙,因為面試的人就直接看我的履歷表,然後從中問問題

後來發現一個好處是,這樣也不會漏掉我有做過而且很想分享,但是可能沒有機會講出來的事情....

最大的用處是,(其他學校我不知道)我面試的學校的面試者之後都要寫報告

多數的人不會當著你的面寫寫寫,都是事後在寫,可是當天面試的人可不只有你一個

有履歷表在手,可以之後讓他回顧你這個人,有可能也寫出比較多的東西

至於Why Essay,我不是說要寫出真正的essay啦~"~

我的意思是,在面試之前一定要自己列點出來,背熟.....

我的Wellesley面試就是因為沒有這樣做,突然被問到明明超級無敵清楚的東西,結果講的亂七八糟,一點組織都沒有(嘆)

大部分的人應該都是考慮National University吧.....

我自己的感覺,申請NU跟申請LAC完全是需要不同的策略的

我比較喜歡小學校,這些學校對於“個人“很看重,簡言之...你可以SAT很爛,但是文章很好,如果有要求自傳的話,自傳也很吸引人,那被錄取的機率還是挺高的 ^^

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
I find it interesting not a single person bothered asking which COUNTRY she wants to apply for. Hahaha. :)

It's interesting how the term "overseas" is synonymous to "USA". :p

LOL.... 我昨天就有私下寄信給他,強調“overseas“不單單只是美國囉 XDDD

不過,會這樣“假設“是因為他的最後一句啊

“例如長春藤盟校,柏克萊....."

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

I think I got your point Ayaka.

For me, I also get interviewed from alumni. However, it is a way for you to steer your interview to share your point. The most common breaking ice question we are taught to ask is "tell me about yourself," which is extremely open-ended. I think most of the schools have the first question structured like this, and interviewers start pulling questions from the points you answer in the first question. As a result, you get a high chance to steer your interview to share what you want to talk. :P

As to the interview report, I am not sure about other schools, but we are taught at least to scribble down the key points right after the interview. For me, I try to finish the report even when I have back-to-back interviews. Most interviewers would also do this, if they are dedicated to conducting interviews. :) It is definitely helpful to refer to CV, but sometimes people interested in you as a person more.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入