【Question】How to write an article in English?

The College Examination is coming, but I have never try to write an English article yet, because I always think that I don’t have enough Vocabulary to write a complete article, and the sentences I written will be very terrible. Can you give me a suggestion? Thank you!

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

I am very agree with the opinion of upstairs that this topic refers to the English composition of examination.

It's very usual that we feels run short of sufficient vocabulary which is necessary to many occasion for instance chating with somebody , landed on a foreigner website especially when do some writing.

To conquers the inability of this aspect, my advices are we needs to do more reading for instance reads some En---WIKI's entries , surfering several English Website,I think they are quite helpful to accumilated the vocabulary.Furthermore take advantage of every posible chances to exercise you writing skills. for example here the board of purely English discuss.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
I am very agree with the opinion of upstairs that this topic refers to the English composition of examination.

It's very usual that we feels run short of sufficient vocabulary which is necessary to many occasion for instance chating with somebody , landed on a foreigner website especially when do some writing.

To conquers the inability of this aspect, my advices are we needs to do more reading for instance reads some En---WIKI's entries , surfering several English Website,I think they are quite helpful to accumilated the vocabulary.Furthermore take advantage of every posible chances to exercise you writing skills. for example here the board of purely English discuss.

Reading paperback novels is the best way to go. I will not advise you to start reading wiki entries yet since the vocabulary you get from reading novels will be used more often and is more suited at this stage.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

yayaya I have a deficiency of English vocabulary, too, and it always kills me while writing and reading, lol.

I think you can read some English novels, or even newspapers. And use some of the core wods you derive from them to write articles daily. I think your writing skills will get better gradually through this way. I suggest you to try it because I myself experienced it before. Well another good way is to write the article with an electranic dictionaryXD That way you dont need to memorize so many words but foget them continuously. But make sure you have appropriate run-on usages, for instance, you dont wanna add Verb after Adjective or something like that.

oh and, a clear thesis statement is sometimes more important than using a lot of high words. I used to decorate my essay with lots of big words that international students scarcely used, and then after many essay I kind of ignored my thesis, supporting ideas and conclusion. I focused on just the WORDS and, of course, I at last received a low score, because----- good words, good structure, but unclear thesis.

what do we call that in Chinese? 本末倒置? Well I dont really know how to explain it= =

but just keep that in your mind

Wish it helps:)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
good words, good structure, but unclear thesis.

you are not the only one, same thing had happened to me as well.T_T I stuffed my first assignment of linguistics because I wrote too many craps even though I actually hit the main points asked in questions. One of my class mates actually consulted the answers in my assignment (just consulting not plagiarizing...:E), and he just did his assignment with some very simple and plain words and sentences, and he got a much higher mark than me......= =""cuz his one is clearer and straight forward......

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

A clear thesis statement is definitely important. But don't forget that later, each topic sentence should support your thesis aswell. Make sure you have a clear beginning (introduction), middle, and end (conclusion).

As for your vocabulary, you can improve it by reading novels. Or you can also use a Thesaurus to find more specific variations of some words (相似詞)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
A clear thesis statement is definitely important. But don't forget that later, each topic sentence should support your thesis aswell. Make sure you have a clear beginning (introduction), middle, and end (conclusion).

As for your vocabulary, you can improve it by reading novels. Or you can also use a Thesaurus to find more specific variations of some words (相似詞)

shouldn't that be polysemy?

do you mean a word with several related meanings?

if not... just don't think about it...= =

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
shouldn't that be polysemy?

do you mean a word with several related meanings?

if not... just don't think about it...= =

I mean like synonyms. For example, instead of writing "good" automatically one could use a thesaurus to find its synonyms that are more specific such as "satisfying" or "marvelous" or something like that. =)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入