【Chat】How do you think of wiki encyclopeida

For me it helps a lot to improved my English, and I think it has been the best website that i ever found before. Whereas unfortunated it can't connected straightly from the mainland China from 2004 BC. I was so disappointed that time. Until 2006 BC, thank heaven , by a very excellent proxy software I have sight WIKI's main page emerged from the Mozilla browser eventually And i was very happy at that moment.xd

Out-of-context i met with the DeepBlue though WIKI also.;-)

I considered that wharever useful and funny some of the WIKI's entries are more better than the paragraphs in our textbook. The English textbook always feels me a very dull guy.I have very low interesting in studying it even regarded it as a heavy burden. Because of WIKI, indeed ,the direction of my study tranformed forces to learn into wants to learn.It's good to me.:E

However some people especially scholars & acdemics. Some of them even treated WIKI as a public toilet. Maybe it's in point , WIKI compiled from a variety of sources ,it's very hard to ensure that all of them is right.Even through ,from my point of view I do disagree with them for no other than WIKI could provided us a integrated and a more eazy route to gained the knowledge that we in dire need of .And then we may learn English from reading its entries as well .:p

sorry it's a little longer than i expectacy

So what do you think of it? I hope we can see more constructive and active point from different visual angle (視角):E

Thanks for reading my post:p

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Hope you wouldn't mind. I wanna correct some of your bad grammar.

Some of the sentences I can't understand what exactly you want to say.

Maybe not the best and correct one. I try my best.

For me it helps a lot improving my English ability, and I think it is the best website that i have ever found before. Whereas unfortunately I can't connected the website straightly from the mainland China from 2004 AD. I was so disappointed at that time. Until 2006 AD, thank heaven , via the great software, the Mozilla browser, I can eventually take a look at WIKI's main page. I was very happy at that moment.

By the way, i know the DeepBlue forum through WIKI, too.

I considered wiki more useful and funny because some of the WIKI's entries are much better than the paragraphs in our textbook. The English textbook always makes me dull. I am not interested in studying the textbook only regarded it as a heavy burden. Because of WIKI, indeed ,the direction of my study changes. It makes me learn what I want to learn.It's good for me.

However some people, especially scholars & acdemics, treated WIKI as a public toilet. Maybe they are right. WIKI is compiled from various sources. It's hard to ensure that all of the information is right. Even though ,from my point of view, I do disagree with them because WIKI provides us a integrated and easier route to gain knowledge which we are in need. Also, we may learn English from reading its entries as well .

sorry it's a little longer than i expect.

So what do you think of it? I hope we can see more constructive and active point from different visual angle (視角)

Thanks for reading my post

Well, in my opinion, wikipedia is a very convenient thing. But as you mentioned, we can't totally trust those information on the website. I think we may take wiki as a reference rather than a real encyclopedia.

by the way, I'm pretty sure you are NOT born in the time before christ. So the BC should be replaced by AD.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
Some of them even treated WIKI as a public toilet.

Not that bad lol. Mods there are efficiently I suppose.

If things I search for are not quite important (ie, not for the schoolwork or an essay/report), wiki is obviously and undoubtedly the first choice. It provides a quick way of looking up a brief introduction you exactly want (well, mostly) and then you can read the whole article or just switch to the external links in the bottom of the page (which are very useful in some cases). There may even be a wiki textbook version especially in terms of those entries on languages. Anyways, I think youll get the same answers however you ask as most of the members here are wiki addicts, IIRC.

Aaaah, as for your tenses and spellings, lets leave them to Miki lol lol :P Cheers.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

It contains almost everything, and updates almost real-time......unbelievable.

Like Heath Ledger's death lately, it updated shorter than 1 hour after the press!

Wiki's main structure is also used by many people to make other "wiki"s.

Some of them is just for fun, such as "偽基百科 惡搞的百科全書", lol, but some of them have many useful info, especially on specific topics.

Like here:

http://wiki.theppn.org/Utada_Hikaru

It's a wiki-like site concentrating on J-pop.

(Yes, I AM advertising for Utada Hikaru. I am a diehard Hikki fan, and I am proud of that.

It's such a luck to fall for her:$)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
Aaaah, as for your tenses and spellings, lets leave them to Miki lol lol

Lol indeed. Where's the help when I need it? Come on! 2 brains is always better than one! Help out if you want! :p (I'll do it later - working at the moment - naughty me :p)

But do remember, DO NOT use it as one of your sources of your essay.

Scroll down to the citations and you can use those instead.

On another note, anyone noticed that A LOT of the Chinese wiki sites have been changed to simplified Chinese? It annoys me when they do that. ARGH!

Ok. Time for some correction fun.

Firstly, the topic: "How do you think of wiki encyclopeida" should be "WHAT do you think of wiki encyclopeDIA". For further correction, "What do you think of wikipedia?"

For me it helps a lot to improved my English, and I think it has been the best website that i ever found before. Whereas unfortunated it can't connected straightly from the mainland China from 2004 BC. I was so disappointed that time.

For me, it helps a lot in improving my English and I think it has been the best website I've ever found. Unfortunately, I couldn't connect to it directly from mainland China in 2005 AD. (BC = Before Christ. I don't see how we can live in a world where Christ means a great deal to a lot of people when it's still BEFORE the time Christ was born. :p On further note, leave out "AD". We KNOW we're living after the time Christ was born. Only use BC when you are referring to <time> BC).

Until 2006 BC, thank heaven , by a very excellent proxy software I have sight WIKI's main page emerged from the Mozilla browser eventually And i was very happy at that moment.

.........hmmmmm. I think you're trying to say too many things in one sentence. In fact, I'm actually quite confused. What are you trying to say? You found a proxy software or you download a plugin from Mozilla that allows you to bypass the firewall (none that I'm aware of. Maybe you mean a software that was compatible with Mozilla?) in 2006 or you realised you could access Wikipedia due to using Mozilla in 2006?

Out-of-context i met with the DeepBlue though WIKI also

By the way, I learned about DeepBlue through wikipedia also.

Side-comment: You keep saying WIKI - I assume you mean Wikipedia. Wiki is a software. It is not Wikipedia itself. Like, I could create a wiki on the topic of English learning or something of the likes. Here's an example of a wiki OTHER THAN Wikipedia:

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Category:JDrama

I considered that wharever useful and funny some of the WIKI's entries are more better than the paragraphs in our textbook.

I'm guessing, you're trying to say:

I find that many wikipedia entries, whether useful or funny, are much better than the many paragraphs in our textbooks.

The English textbook always feels me a very dull guy.I have very low interesting in studying it even regarded it as a heavy burden.

English textbooks always seem dull. I have very low interest when studying with it and even regard it as a heavy burden.

Comment: You seem to be using the past tense a lot....

Because of WIKI, indeed ,the direction of my study tranformed forces to learn into wants to learn.It's good to me.

Due to Wikipedia, my incentive to study have been transformed from being forced to learn to being willing to learn. It's good for me.

However some people especially scholars & acdemics. Some of them even treated WIKI as a public toilet. Maybe it's in point , WIKI compiled from a variety of sources ,it's very hard to ensure that all of them is right.

However, some people, especially shcolars and academics, treat wikipedia as a public toilet.

Personal comment: ??????

I suppose they have a point as Wikipedia is compiled from a variety of sources that the integrity of the information is hard to ensure.

Personal comment: True. My friend changed "Prime Minister John Howard" to "Slimey Liar" (or something alone those lines) on the Australian 2007 election page on Wikipedia and it stayed there unnoticed for a whole year. :p

Even through ,from my point of view I do disagree with them for no other than WIKI could provided us a integrated and a more eazy route to gained the knowledge that we in dire need of .And then we may learn English from reading its entries as well

However, in my opinion, I disagree as I believe only Wikipedia can provide us an integrated and an easier route to gain knowledge that we are in dire need of. Furthermore, we are able to learn English from reading the entries as well.

sorry it's a little longer than i expectacy

Sorry. This post is a little longer than I expected.

(I believe you're trying to use "expectancy" there but that's a noun)

So what do you think of it? I hope we can see more constructive and active point from different visual angle (視角)

So what do you think? I hope we can see more constructive opinions from different points of view.

My opinion is that it's a great place for some quick information. As for in-depth details, check the citations and do your own research.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
Scroll down to the citations and you can use those instead.

On another note, anyone noticed that A LOT of the Chinese wiki sites have been changed to simplified Chinese? It annoys me when they do that. ARGH!

Good point...never thought of that...= =""

I am as pissed off as you are about the pages being converted to simplified Chinese instead of traditional. It's very unlikely that there's more simplified users since wiki is blocked on the mainland...

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

I don't mean to defended myself for these so dull mistakes that I have made . = =' Since I did so.

Just mentioned that I did so much read on the ancient Song dynasty Recently.

A great many of people knows that these soft of entries contains a lot of "time ".

And the BC appears frequently,so towards some people that don't very good at English for instance me has really confused the symbolic meaning of AD and BC.

Above-`mentioned in this post , I think that everybody's opinion in each post are rational argument

Due to the time that I have to go to school , I ought to end my type at this moment.

In the end I intented to thanks for all you who has looked,corrected, and given the point for my post. xd

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
I don't mean to defended myself for these so dull mistakes that I have made . Since I did so.

I don't mean to defend myself for the mistakes that I have made.

Comment: dull mistakes doesn't really make sense. Which adjective were you trying to use there? I left out "Since I did so" because I don't think it's necessary.

Also, you need to do something about the tenses. You're using past tense almost everywhere. Maybe provide us with the Chinese version of what you were trying to say so we can see where the confusion/misunderstanding is happening?

Just mentioned that I did so much read on the ancient Song dynasty Recently.

I just want to mention that recently, I've read a lot about the Song dynasty.

A great many of people knows that these soft of entries contains a lot of "time ".

As many of you know, these sort of writings constantly refer to the timeline.

And the BC appears frequently,so towards some people that don't very good at English for instance me has really confused the symbolic meaning of AD and BC.

Comment: Don't start a sentence with "And".

BC appears frequently within these writings so it becomes really confusing for people who don't have very good English, for instance, me, to understand the symbolic meaning of AD and BC.

Further comment: AD and BC isn't symbolic. They're abbreviations. AD is short for Anno Domini, the Latin meaning of "In the Year of the/our Lord". BC is short for "Before Christ". As for why one is in Latin while the other's in English...no idea. Check Wikipedia for the full details.

Response: No worries

Above-`mentioned in this post , I think that everybody's opinion in each post are rational argument

I think everyone's opinion in each of the above post are rational argument.

Due to the time that I have to go to school , I ought to end my type at this moment.

As I should be going to school, I ought to stop typing right now.

In the end I intented to thanks for all you who has looked,corrected, and given the point for my post.

In conclusion, I thank all of you who had read, corrected and given me pointers towards my post.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入