但是,誰不愛自己國家?以自己國家為豪沒什麼不好...

最重要是尊重跟包容...

種族歧視就是因為不夠尊重且包容彼此的不同所致...

一直說別人怎樣怎樣對我們...

何不說說我們怎麼對別人?

台灣的越勞泰勞菲傭...所謂廉價勞工...

跟外籍新娘,所謂便宜配偶...

我們怎麼對人?

歷史上,除了唐朝能兼容並蓄,哪個朝代不是以天朝自居,其他各國均為夷蠻戎狄,所謂番邦,所謂"化外之民"?

美國的種族歧視,

我可以想像被那像對待,可是目前還沒有被這樣對待過...

在學校,中午大家也都分桌坐...

台灣人圈阿,韓國人圈阿,越南人圈阿...

可是這套也只有留學生在搞...

美國本土學生都大家一起玩阿~

"racist"這個字眼在美國算是一個禁忌...

你可以因種族歧視而告人或被告...

我覺得樓上po的片子

1)對方真的太過份

2)中國移民太憨厚老實英文又沒有那麼好,被罵了都不知道,太好欺負了~

3)在美國的中國人本來就很不會爭取權益,像我表姊做牛做馬做的要死,也不去爭取薪水,只會埋頭苦幹....要是一般美國人,不加薪就走人!

種族歧視阿...

本人在康州 紐約滴上面一點點

因為學校校規第一條是說...

只要有人有種族歧視觀念 就是退學..

所以碰不太到XD

不過還是常常被人家教chinese

整個就有點毛起來

上歷史也這樣被叫

老師就要我解釋當時滴狀況

我就有點說的..有點扭曲化= =

那個姓毛的 趁著蔣公打日軍打到筋疲力盡

因為戰爭 人民沒東西吃

搞革命= =

然後就說了一大堆

最後變成 我們的政府才是正統的XDXD

噗 離題了

其實 叫他們想一想

當他們在亞洲的時候

我們也用異樣的眼光看他們

他們會怎樣想

這樣回答就行嚕

阿本來就是咩~~

我在上美國歷史的時候也都降說~~

這才不是扭曲亂說,

這是真的阿~~

歷史事實是歷史事實,歷史觀點是歷史觀點...

同一件事情有很多不同的解釋...

就像1904的日俄戰爭...

在中國東北的土地上打仗,搶的是中國土地...

1906美國Teddy Roosevlt分一杯羹...

假裝當和事佬,開放中國港口...

就像我有100塊錢...

A跟B在搶我的錢,我的100塊錢...

突然C跑出來,說100塊要大家分...

在中國觀點,美國降是不是很過分?

分一杯羹阿~~

可是美國觀點,TR是什麼peace lover...

還因此得了諾貝爾和平獎...

在我們角度來看,這部是很可笑嗎?

得了利益又得名聲...

呃....對不起阿,離題了

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

沒啥特別感覺耶= =a

雖然前陣子忙著找新homstay的時候他們那種冷漠的態度讓我有種"就因為我是亞洲人?!"的不滿

其他的...倒還好

不過我們這裡的黑人常常被開膚色的玩笑= ="

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Note: Can the moderator PLEASE add an extra feature to this board.

ie. ALLOW US TO KEEP OUR POST EVEN AFTER OUR LOGIN EXPIRES SO THAT WHEN WE LOG BACK IN, OUR POST ISN'T GONE AND WE HAVE TO TYPE AGAIN!!!!

><

Anyways, let's see if I can type this....AGAIN

I had my fair share of racist experience. Some intentional, some unintentional.

First example:

Bank tellers/people behind counters.

Most of them are fine but sometimes (and a little too many times) you meet ones who are rude towards my parents. Reason? They can't speak English properly. So they abuse our parents, don't listen to them, delay their requests, show absolutely NO respect whatsoever.

In comes myself or my brother (or both). Their attitude change IMMEDIATELY. They're polite, they listen and they smile. You smile back - sarcastically - their smile falters a little because they know, they've just been caught out and ticked their customer right off.

Example 2:

Rude shop attendants.

Most are fine but I've experienced one ridiculous one when I was 12 or 13. This was in Chatswood (for any aussies out there). We were taking my grandma around for some clothes. So we enter this shop, especially for older ladies. The shop attendant was also around my grandma's age (this is important. It usually happens with older generations - well, aside from example 1. That happens quite a lot) So my grandma starts browsing. The lady comes right up to my grandma, and in an aggressive tone asked, "Can I help you?"

My grandma didn't hear her. So they lady asked again, even MORE aggressively, "Can I help you?!" (notice she didn't say "may") This is when I started glaring at the lady. She turned around and asked my mother, "She can't speak English can she?" My mother smiled apologetically and looked at me, confused. The lady then asked my grandma again, "Can I help you?" and so the cycle continues. The lady REFUSED to leave my grandma alone, even when other customers came in. She then saw me and asked, "She can't speak English can she?" At this point, I was at my boiling point. I said, "Well that's hardly any of your business is it?" The lady was REALLY offended now. This is where my grandma went, "沒好東西.走!" and we left the shop (I glared OUT of the shop) leaving the lady astounded and speechless.

Example 3:

People who were unintentionally racist simply because they were ignorant about your culture.

A fair few instances.

1. My 10th grade English teacher, during class time, picked out several girls to come to her desk. When we got there, we realised it was all the Asian girls. We were all puzzled. The rest of the class noticed too. The teacher then said to us, "All you girls need ESL." We were dumbfounded and stared at the teacher for a long time, mainly because most of us were, yeah, ABC. Either that, we've lived here long enough to not require ESL anymore. In some cases, you can't tell the difference whether English or Chinese is your first language anymore. Makes no difference.

Anyways, after some silence, some girls went, "We were born here!." Another girl went, "I speak English at home," and I went, "I've been here since I was 6!" So our teacher went, "Ok. Who's first language is English?" A few girls raised their hands so the teacher dismissed them. However, for the rest of us, she told us to find the ESL teachers and get ESL lessons.

After class, this event spread like wildfire across the school. Everyone thought it was ridiculous. I didn't hold much against the teacher because I realise she was UNINTENTIONALLY being racist but yes, she did make an assumption based on our race. I decided to ignore her suggestion while another girl went and find an ESL teacher, only to be dismissed within 10 minutes because the ESL teacher said she doesn't need it. That year turned out to be my worst English year ever and I hated the subject more than I ever could.

2. My 11th grade and 12th grade maths teacher. She was also our Deputy Headmistress. LOVELY lady but not the brightest. Also an older generation. 2 instances with her.

1st instance: She held a luncheon with just our maths class. During that luncheon, she was talking to a friend of mine and I. My friend was from Singapore and had a VERY thick accent (this is relevant later on). Our teacher then said something about Asians in general. I don't remember what it was but I can remember both my friend and I were FAIRLY offended. However, we knew she didn't mean to be racist or anything. She was just ignorant about our culture so we let it pass - though we DID make sure to b**** about it A LOT afterwards.

Next instance. The same friend asked the same teacher to write a referral for her to apply for university in the States. The teacher happily complied, only to write her a referral that states that she has bad English. The entire year laughed because the friend was topping at 5th out of the entire grade. The only reason we could think of was that the teacher THINKS she has bad English because she had a Singaporean accent - oblivious to the fact that Singapore uses English as their main language!

3. This happened at the church I was playing organ at. Most followers are the older generations. LOVELY people. There was this old couple that I like talking to especially. They once talked to me about the earlier days and was saying how they couldn't understand how their Asian neighbour can tell the difference between her chidlren because to them, they all looked the same. The husband of the couple then said something that was...fairly degrading - but I know it was unintentional so I smiled it off.

What he said was the following:

"It then dawned on me that it was exactly the same as dolphin experts being able to tell the differences between dolphins. Like, one would have a spot on its left fin or the other has a stripe on its right. This was exactly the same as in our neighbour's case (and in my case I guess). You all have your unique feature and its just the matter of finding it."

I nodded, smiled, agreed but my mind was racing and going, "WHAT IN THE WORLD?!"

And that's all I can think of. My conclusion is, some people don't mean it but when they do, defined yourself. Otherwise, understand that they don't understand and let it pass or make them understand so they're a little bit more wiser. :p

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

How did your login expire? Maybe try and use cookies?

Discriminations for English accents are often tied with race. If you are not white and you have an accent, then you are more likely to encounter discrimination than those white people with accents. For example, we always hear stuff like "oh this Asian person's English has a Chinese accent and it's bad..." but we seldom hear stuff like "Oh this French guy's English is bad because he has a French accent..."

Man, I got sad after I saw how rude the immigration officers were at those citizenship interviews.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

應該會吧,可是也不是全部阿! 像之前我們國中的

外籍老師 ( 加拿大人 ) 真的是人超好,也很健談。

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

也有聽說我一個朋友,他說外國人感覺還是把自己國

內的人看得比較重,即使他的身份已經算是美國公民

,但他還是華裔人士= ='''...( 沒記錯他應該是這樣講。 )

............( 好人? 壞人 ? 傻傻分不清楚?? )

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
也有聽說我一個朋友,他說外國人感覺還是把自己國

內的人看得比較重,即使他的身份已經算是美國公民

,但他還是華裔人士

Well, yeah. I'm Australian since I have the citizenship but I'm still Asian. Though most of the time my friends don't really care but the fact I'm Asian always get touched on. Not to mention when you start talking about your family, these differences really do start to highlight. HOWEVER, amongst my friends, I don't feel discriminated. The main point is if you don't care, why would anyone care?

"Oh this French guy's English is bad because he has a French accent..."

Heh - yeah. You hear, "Oh, he's French! I LOVE his accent.!" ^.^;;

My login expired because I didn't choose "Automatic Login". It expires after a while. It's fine now because I've ticked that option now. If you're asking why it would expire or why cookie didn't remember, it's because I just cleaned my registry again

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
You hear, "Oh, he's French! I LOVE his accent.!" ^.^;;

yea,someone has an accent when speaking English dosen't mean his/her English is bad. Ironically, speaking English with an Euro accent is cute,yet with an Asian accent is said to be "horrible."
鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

在多倫多的高中待過好一陣子

完全沒碰過種族歧視的狀況

我聽別人說過美國比較嚴重

不過這種事情不大可能明目張膽

因為誰都不想被扣上種族歧視的大帽子

台灣文化的民族主義不強烈

因為也是移民型的社會演變發展而來的

所以一般正常的台灣人

不會特意去搞自閉小團體

或是不跟其他種族的人相處