【Recommend】I found a great blog!

actually, I think the blog is REALLY quite interesting.

I've read some of his post. Some of them are quite inspiring.

Like this one.

Success

Isaac brought a sword to school on Tuesday. On Thursday, he stopped by in the morning looking serious. Serious, I might add, for the first time this school year.

"What if I decided I just wanted to end it all?" he announced.

"End what?" I asked.

"Everything," he said. "Suicide. What's the point of living?"

I looked at him. Gone was the usual twinkle in his eye. No mischievous smile. I decided not to take him seriously anyway. "Oh, come on, Isaac," I said. "Life is long and full of unexpected twists and turns. Enjoy the ride."

"Yeah," he said, "but what if all those twists and turns lead to nothing but dead ends?"

"You can't be serious. Wait, are you serious? Do I need to talk to your counselor about this?"

"Why?"

"Liability. If you do anything to yourself, I'll get in trouble."

"You could just pretend we never had this conversation," he said.

"I can, but I'd rather have you alive. I mean, you have so much to live for!"

"Like what?"

"Well, look at me for example," I said. "One day you can be as successful and cool as me."

He cracked up, quickly transforming back to his jolly self.

"Damn you! You got me," he said as he continued to laugh. "Successful. You!"

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

The blog is hilarious XD It's hard to tell the writer is a high school teacher, but more like a 20+ young man writing from his point of view.

For some reason, I think there's little prejudice toward blacks (not necessary in a negative way) in his blog. ("probably" because he lives in Chicago?!)

By the way, there's a Taiwanese student who attends MIT this year and is one of the administrator of MIT. His articles on the blog are not quite as interesting as this high school teacher's, but the written of the article is really good. (He just came to US this year, but his writting skill is fabulous.)

http://www.mitadmissions.org/Chris.shtml

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 1 month later...

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入