【英美語文】R&F My Cat

I have a cat at home whose name is Orange. She is named for her orange and white stripes and is already thirteen years old. I can still recall thirteen years ago, the day I saw her at the animal hospital. She was just like her brothers and sisters: furry, young and pretty, crunching in the little box, searching for their mom. As I looked at her closely, I noticed that her eyes were citrine and her nose was moistened which made her bright and beautiful. I immediately put up my mind that I wouldn’t go home without her. I begged Mom to go to the doctor and ask him to let me own Orange. At first she didn’t want to because she thought it would simply just bring a lot of trouble. But I wouldn’t give in. Like a thirsty child eager to have some water, I jumped up and down, dragged her dress, yelled, and did whatever may bother her. Finally, she gave up and brought the lovely orange cat home reluctantly.

That night Orange and I sat in the living room, playing with her new toy. Since then, she has become my best friend. Though she doesn’t really talk to me, I can feel her soul genuinely appreciating mine while I share my happiness and sorrow with her. When I was in junior high, I had some problem with my friends. At that time, I was totally lost. I didn’t know what I should do but cry. She did nothing but sat beside me. Then, she started to play with the keychain I laid on my desk. Suddenly, I realized something. There is no need for me to worry about these troublesome things. All I have to do is to be myself and to show the best of mine to the others.

Orange is like a loyal fan to me. Wherever I go, I always have a follower behind my back. When I’m using the computer, she will come and ask me to share half of my seat with her. Although it is uncomfortable to have only a half of the seat, I like the security and warmth she gives me.

People say that on average a cat can only live about 10~15 years. Now Orange is already 13. Sometimes I’m anxious because I feel like I might lose her anytime. Therefore, I treasure every moment while she is right beside me.

--

any reflections or comments are welcomed. :)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入