【Chat】Have your say: Madeleine McCann - Kidnapped, Murdered, or Astray?

Madeleine McCann was reported missing days before her birthday and its has been five months since her disappearance in Portugal. As time goes by theres just more bad news keep coming out - parents were accused of murder, the police found her blood in the car, a few witnesses said they saw Maddy wandering in North Africa, which could probably mean shes been kidnapped to there or something. What do you think about this? Shes kidnapped, murdered by her mum, or strayed in the street and died then? I pray for her every night and hope she is still alive, but now I feel really bad after hearing her parents say they have discussed death possibility and might end the searching plan. Shame!

Look at her. What a lovely girl. Lets pray for her back shall we :p

_44180244_poster_203.jpg

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Oh, just have come up with an idea. Comment on this thread if you want to pray for her - its abit like a campaign or that kind of thing lol. Lets see how many people will sign here :p To me, its really nice to know there are lots of people supporting the girl and the Mccann.

Im the first one :p

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

This is so annoying! Come on there are thousands of people kidnapped every year. Apparently a child goes missing in China or India roughly every ten minutes. Do they ever reach the media?I really don't want to sound so cold hearted, but there are other things that's happening and are more important. All the articles keeps going on about how beautiful she is and how her parents are GPs etc etc. Does this even matter?!

How do you think the parents of all the other kids abducted in the past are now feeling when celebs all of a sudden are giving all this money(apparently 1 million pounds). Like their kid doesn't matter but this one does?

The media is now brainwashing the country into thinking that leaving kids alone in an unlocked hotel room is not unreasonable. We are forgetting that some people have their children snatched from them. They are actually looking after them and their children are taken. In Britain it is actually illegal to leave your child alone like this.

To sum it's only because he's a consultant and she's a GP that this is getting so much coverage and sympathy. If they were average working class people they would be getting ripped apart for leaving them on their own!

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

I can't help but laugh. You speak my mind chocdumpling - though not as much...heated passion I'll have to say. ^.^||| (sorry damoko >_>)

Not that it's not sad for Madeline but.....yeah. If they're going to report missing children, they should report all missing children - not just one random kid who happened to be media material.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
(sorry damoko >_>)

Thats ok. As the title suggests, this is "have your say" :p We should talk about our real thought. Just feel a little bit shocked that this is annoying to you. I know a child shouldnt deserve such huge coverage but WEVE GOT the news that shes missing, so I think at least we can do something for her. It doesnt matter whether it is overdone or not. Ive got a friend having hard time studying in his school - he gets into there due to the bonus marks for taiwanese natives, which makes he can hardly catch up with his classmates. I told this to my christian friends and all of them were pleased to pray for him. There are so many natives in the same situation as him but no one says its unfair and ridiculous just because we dont pray for them right? IMO thats as far as we can do, you know :p BTW, is Maddy still being reported over and over and over on the news in your country currently?

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

I haven't seen Maddy on BBC for a while.

I agree with damoko's opinion.

Let's say you cross the street with a lot of people and get got by a cop.

Sure, he's probably not in the right for only catching you,

but that doesn't mean you can get off the hook.

(Umm...I think damoko's example is better...lol)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
Just feel a little bit shocked that this is annoying to you

Not annoyed really. Just....couldn't care less. I've seen enough of this type of media trend so really didn't give it much notice.

is Maddy still being reported over and over and over on the news in your country currently?

*shrug* No idea. I think there was more media coverage with the Pumpkin case. That is, this Chinese 3 year old girl got abandoned at Melbourne station and 3 days later, they found out it was her father who abandoned her. They were originally at New Zealand. Then a week later, they found her mother's body in the family car's boot. The father's already flown to LA and now they're hunting him down. Madeline was kind of....old news. Not that I'm not wishing the best outcome for these unfortunate souls. The frustration/annoyance/disinterest is more to do with journalism and not the case itself. I think chocdumpling was just expressing her frustration on media coverage of certain cases and the drive behind it - which is usually for added entertainment value. = =|||

Also, it's hypocrisy if you think about it - well, hypocrisy in turns of the current public interest. So a little girl who goes missing in a foreign country picks up more interest in the public than the thousands of Burmese monks getting murdered or convicted due to their passion of wanting to become liberated from totalitarian rule? One family's misfortune picks up more interest in the general public (these days) than the misfortune of an entire nation for the past 20 or so years? The frustration is towards the media and the reaction from the general public and not towards Maddy's case. Of course, it's hard thing to decide which news is deemed as more important but the fact that the current media is deciding on news material based on ratings as oppose to social significance is a little...well...sad.

Don't get me wrong. I didn't say Maddy doesn't deserve the media coverage. Just TOO MUCH coverage and the way they've covered it is just .... well....adding extra oil. Basically, I felt I was watching some overdone soap opera and not actual, informative news that keeps me aware of what's going on in the world. Give me a 3 minute update on what's happening to the case thus far and I'll generally be happy. I rather they spend the 10 minutes on detailing the family's private life on other issues that will actually affect me and the general population. Again, I say, the frustration is towards the media. More and more "rating-driven" news are popping up. It's really quite disappointing. = =|||

Again, every hope that Maddy does get found but since I honestly, generally, couldn't care less and really can't do anything that will help her get found any sooner, I don't want to pretend that I do care or can help. This ..... may be the hypocrisy I'm talking about. Too many people "care" or pretend they care simply because it has media coverage. It's ridiculous. Oh, but if you genuinely do care, fair enough.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
BTW, is Maddy still being reported over and over and over on the news in your country currently?

yea......I now know her mother's university nickname and stuff like that. You see pictures of them shoppping. The other day on METRO(free newspaper you find on the tube)It had an interesting story that Kate honestly believes if she had larger breasts she would get more public and media sympathy! Also, if she were a few stone heavier she would appear more "matternal" and therefore claim more sympathy. Now what on earth is has this got to do with anything?! That woman is concerned about how people portray her. Her child has gone missing and all she cares is this.

The front page of Daily Express has been about maddy for 6 of the last 7 days. (The frontpage running total now at 70-something.)

My conclusion is:ahhhh.....seriously I couldn't care less.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

The frustration/annoyance/disinterest is more to do with journalism and not the case itself. I think chocdumpling was just expressing her frustration on media coverage of certain cases and the drive behind it - which is usually for added entertainment value. = =|||

Also, it's hypocrisy if you think about it - well, hypocrisy in turns of the current public interest. So a little girl who goes missing in a foreign country picks up more interest in the public than the thousands of Burmese monks getting murdered or convicted due to their passion of wanting to become liberated from totalitarian rule? One family's misfortune picks up more interest in the general public (these days) than the misfortune of an entire nation for the past 20 or so years? The frustration is towards the media and the reaction from the general public and not towards Maddy's case. Of course, it's hard thing to decide which news is deemed as more important but the fact that the current media is deciding on news material based on ratings as oppose to social significance is a little...well...sad.

Don't get me wrong. I didn't say Maddy doesn't deserve the media coverage. Just TOO MUCH coverage and the way they've covered it is just .... well....adding extra oil. Basically, I felt I was watching some overdone soap opera and not actual, informative news that keeps me aware of what's going on in the world. Give me a 3 minute update on what's happening to the case thus far and I'll generally be happy. I rather they spend the 10 minutes on detailing the family's private life on other issues that will actually affect me and the general population. Again, I say, the frustration is towards the media. More and more "rating-driven" news are popping up. It's really quite disappointing. = =|||

Again, every hope that Maddy does get found but since I honestly, generally, couldn't care less and really can't do anything that will help her get found any sooner, I don't want to pretend that I do care or can help. This ..... may be the hypocrisy I'm talking about. Too many people "care" or pretend they care simply because it has media coverage. It's ridiculous. Oh, but if you genuinely do care, fair enough.

You speak my mind:DD!!!!!

Ask a randomer in Britain if they know about what happened to Maddy they could tell you everything! But what's happeneing in Burma, ahhh they don't have a clue. :(

I just think the amount of media coverage on this case is getting well over the top!

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入