【Chat】Down Under

Traveling in a fried-out combie

On a hippie trail, head full of zombie

I met a strange lady, she made me nervous

She took me in and gave me breakfast

And she said,

"Do you come from a land down under?

Where women glow and men plunder?

Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?

You better run, you better take cover."

Buying bread from a man in Brussels

He was six foot four and full of muscles

I said, "Do you speak-a my language?"

He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich

And he said,

"I come from a land down under

Where beer does flow and men chunder

Lying in a den in Bombay

With a slack jaw, and not much to say

I said to the man, "Are you trying to tempt me

Because I come from the land of plenty?"

And he said,

"Oh! Do you come from a land down under? (oh yeah yeah)

Where women glow and men plunder?

===================================================================================

If you plan to go to Australia, you must learn to sing this "Down Under'.

Original by Men At Work:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNT7uZf7lew

Everybody is singing:

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

*sigh*

Ok.............WHERE ARE ALL THE AUSSIES WHEN WE NEED THEM?!

Night life in Australia = BORING.

All you can ever, EVER do at night in Australia is go to the pub or go clubbing. If it's slightly earlier in the night, the cinemas and a nice dinner might be the little something extra but that's about it. If you like getting drunk or watching other people get drunk, then maybe night life in Australia might suit you. Otherwise, FORGET IT!

As for beaches, yes, they're lovely. Won't deny that. :p

As for the song, sing it and I'll punch you. *grabs head in fury and shudders like mad* (Oh, and yes. I am joking about the punching part)

GAWD awful song that is and quite frankly, I don't think we like being called "the land down under". It's Australia. *shakes fist*

I'm not sure if people these days actually know that song. I've hardly heard this song ever and I've been living here since I was 6 years old. These days, you hear more "Still call Australia Home" or "I am Australian" but whatever. There's no need to learn ANY songs to come to Australia. In fact, you might just make a fool of yourself (many tourists do - it really is NOT cool - just COME and DO NOT TRY to do an Australian accent. More often than not, you'll fail miserably. Just act as you normally would >_> >_> >_>)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
As for the song, sing it and I'll punch you. *grabs head in fury and shudders like mad* (Oh, and yes. I am joking about the punching part)

GAWD awful song that is and quite frankly, I don't think we like being called "the land down under". It's Australia. *shakes fist*

I'm not sure if people these days actually know that song. I've hardly heard this song ever and I've been living here since I was 6 years old. These days, you hear more "Still call Australia Home" or "I am Australian" but whatever. There's no need to learn ANY songs to come to Australia. In fact, you might just make a fool of yourself (many tourists do - it really is NOT cool - just COME and DO NOT TRY to do an Australian accent. More often than not, you'll fail miserably. Just act as you normally would >_> >_> >_>)

Well, please tell them to change this, What's that? What are the so called Down Under Favorites?

http://www.sangabrielvalleymenus.com/covinaoutback/faves.htm

You're too young little girl~the song is not your time,==>

"Down Under" is the title of a New Wave song of the reggae flavour, recorded in 1982 by the Australian rock group Men at Work, and featured on their album Business as Usual. This song went all the way to #1 on Australian as well as international charts, including the UK and America.

It has become a popular and patriotic song in Australia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search/Down_Under_%28song

Click on Down Under (song)

And, tell them to correct this,<8>:P

Where were you 25 yeaars ago?0_o

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
Well, please tell them to change this, What's that? What are the so called Down Under Favorites?

http://www.sangabrielvalleymenus.com/covinaoutback/faves.htm

You're too young little girl~the song is not your time,==>

"Down Under" is the title of a New Wave song of the reggae flavour, recorded in 1982 by the Australian rock group Men at Work, and featured on their album Business as Usual. This song went all the way to #1 on Australian as well as international charts, including the UK and America.

It has become a popular and patriotic song in Australia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search/Down_Under_%28song

Click on Down Under (song)

And, tell them to correct this,<8>:P

Where were you 25 yeaars ago?0_o

Mate:

I was surprised about what misconceptions I've retained after viewing that Wiki page :p

But, well, please be careful when addresing addressing others, you're on the verge of being filed a discrimination toward youngness, if taken seriously. 0_o ("you're too young...") (Fine, humour may it be.)

In October 2006, Triple M had the Essential 2006 Countdown of the most popular songs of all time, voted by the listeners. Down Under was the number 3 voted/ranked song.[2]
鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
作者: From Wiki

In October 2006, Triple M had the Essential 2006 Countdown of the most popular songs of all time, voted by the listeners. Down Under was the number 3 voted/ranked song.[2]

That's Triple M though - that's only one part of the population. Only a certain type of people listen to Triple M so that's hardly enough proof to say it's the most popular song in Australia of all time. It MAY have been popular back when it came out (possibly - I can see why. In fact, from the lyrics of the song, I bet it was written to sell to the rest of the world rather than Australia itself. The use of "Down Under" is pretty much a hint. It's the same with the movie "Priscilla - Queen of the Desert. They decide to go west yet in the movie, they show them going over the Harbour Bridge and you're like, "You CAN'T go to the west through the Harbour Bridge. That's to go north!" ie. show stereo-typical scenes that are familiar to foreign cultures to sell Australia. Quite shameful I think and insulting in a way)

And, tell them to correct this

Tell WHO to correct WHAT? By the way, don't start a sentence with "And".

Where were you 25 yeaars ago?

Correction: years - well, fine. You may have made a typo.

Answer: I have yet to exist back then.

Sorry - what do you mean? Change what? What do you mean by "what's that?". What down under favourites?

please be careful when addresing others

Correction: addressing

I'm about to say that too. Give people some respect please? We've taken the trouble and care to reply your post with as much respect as we can. At least do the same. :p *winks*

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

I have called Mr. Hammer, the PRO of the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA), today. Mr. Hammer said that he wouldn't mind if someone calls his country the land of down under.Actually he loves the expression very much.

He also said there's no need to go through a public hearing to find out if people in Australia like this expression or not.

According to the Self-Expressed Geographic Territory Act 1985, people have the right to state that they are from the land of down under.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入