通常說 美國的 不都是 American 嗎!!

可是 美國的一個實境節目------超級名模生死鬥.

原名卻是---America's Next Top Model !!!

再加上我在其他的實境節目上也聽過有人說 America's

所以想問問....America's....是真的這樣說的嗎????

哈哈~我不想要ARGUE這個寫法到底有沒有錯...

我只想說:超級名模生死鬥真是爆炸超級好看的!!!

我現在高三,每個禮拜只限制自己看一個小時的電視,我就把這一個小時的寶貴時間全部奉獻給超級名模生死鬥!!!因為它實在是太好看囉~~~

有興趣的人,可以去"連續劇精藏版"找一下我PO的文章,裡面有比較詳盡的介紹,也可以加入我們的討論唷!!!

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
看你要表達的是所有格America's還是形容詞American

咦..........

還是不懂耶~~~~

例如---- American model-------翻譯:美國的模特兒.

America's model-------翻譯:美國的模特兒...........= ="

我不知道該怎麼分耶~~~~

還有 MikiRei 說的...

"美國的"..........這3個字在一起不就是個形容詞嗎..........!!!

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
咦..........

還是不懂耶~~~~

例如---- American model-------翻譯:美國的模特兒.

America's model-------翻譯:美國的模特兒...........

我不知道該怎麼分耶~~~~

還有 MikiRei 說的...

"美國的"..........這3個字在一起不就是個形容詞嗎..........!!!

Nah, America's is the possessive case. The word "的" here is the same as my in my mum, her in her boyfriend etc. IMO both America's and American are correct though Im abit puzzled now (since Ive never thought this before lol). Anyone gives us further explanation?

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Ok. America's POSSESIVE. When you say America's Next Top Model, you're saying the next top model of America.

On the other hand, if you say American Next Top Model, you're saying a next top model that is of the American nationality.

Subtle difference? I guess it is but it's a BIG difference. STOP using Chinese to explain this grammatical subtlety since, as 奧斯汀 have demonstrated, it fails to demonstrate a difference.

America's is NOT an adjective. Adjective is a SINGLE word that describes another noun. It's a grammatical rule for possessive cases.

Example:

She is Erica's cat.

This means that the cat belongs to Erica. When you want a noun to be associated ie. to describe that it is OWNED by another noun, you add the " 's " at the end of that noun.

American, Australian, African etc. - these are ADJECTIVES. Notice they don't have the " 's " ? They are NOT the same. It's two different grammatical cases. In fact, one's a noun that's been modified for grammatical purposes (America's) while the other is an individual adjective - an individual vocabulary. It is NOT a vocabulary that's been modified for grammatical usage.

Coming back to "America's Next Top Model" and "American Next Top Model" - is it the same? Technically, yes. I actually cannot see any fault GRAMMATICALLY by saying American Next Top Model. However, it just doesn't SOUND right. Saying "American Next Top Model" is just clunky. For a native English speaker, it just doesn't sound right and unfortunately, I can't give you a GRAMMATICAL reason why we SHOULDN'T say "American Next Top Model". Rather, it's a cultural thing. In terms of the English language, it just doesn't sound right. (at least to me anyways. All in all, it was probably a marketing decision in terms of deciding the show's title)

However, if you would like to say something like, "Erica is an American model," that's fine. Less information to go through your head. "America's Next Top Model" sounds less clunky because, I guess, your head is processing the information as "the next top model of America". That's really what the " 's " do to the noun. noun of another noun. A of B.

This will probably confuse Chinese speakers because in both cases, it translates as "美國的下一任頂尖名模". This is exactly why watching English-speaking shows is good because that's the only time you'll ever pick up on subtleties such as these - and the illogical side of language rules due to culture. :p

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does "Next top American model" sound better? I'm guessing the reason "American next top model" sounds weird is because "next top" instead of "American" is what we're emphasizing. Therefore "American next top model" will sound like you're saying "the next top model is American" (instead of...say... Mexican.)

請先看看「我的、他的、路人甲的……」,然後跟「漂亮的、無聊的、綠色的……」比較看看,兩者的意義是不太一樣的吧?前者是表示東西是屬於誰的,那個「誰」是名詞,但後者是單純的形容詞。現在想想看,「美國的」是哪一種?兩種都可以嘛!但是節目想要用的是前者。

屬格名詞和形容詞在文法上確實有點相似,而且中文用同樣的字尾「的」來標示,所以中文為母語的人很容易混淆……不過使用上還是有一點差異,例如「我的黑色電腦」不能講成「黑色的我電腦」,「我的書很大」也不能講成「大的書很我」或「很大的書我」。

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
American Idol - producing more trashy music than we already need now.

well, I do agree with you.

by the way, I just wanted to point out that it uses the word "American".

I wish we could love them as they way they love America and ....music-- of course. Unfortunately, I found it very difficult to bear.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入