【英美語文】Make a story in examanations

Hmmmm - well, when I'm stuck for ideas, I start writing about the exam ITSELF. Seems to work for me (of course, I don't do that all the time - only when I'm REALLY out of ideas and the exam didn't specify the format you are to write in).

Anyways, let's give this a try:

Examinations are a bore and a waste of time - especially if your teacher never bothered to set you an interesting exam. It is even more frustrating if they've recycled past exams or simply adhered to certain sample exam format that you're all too familiar with after doing 30 of the said exam format for the past 3 months. To add to this list, each exam wastes up to 2 to 3 hours of your precious life and youth - that's not adding to the fact that you've probably spent at least the past 1 month stressing over it whilst preparing and reading over materials that will most likely be of no use to you in 3 or 4 years time.

That being said, it saddens me a lot to say that I am currently sitting one out of my many said exams for the term. The topic is to write anything you feel like writing about and as I am totally exhausted of ideas and writing yet another story about a kid who went on an adventure only to wake up and realised it was all a dream will certainly bore both my teacher and I, I thought to myself, "Will it be a good idea to write about my most recent (the most recent you'll ever get in fact) experience?"

Ok - I'm stopping here. I'm not REALLY going to write a 3 page story.

What tends to happen is I start reminiscing past experiences and eventually something starts to come up. Of course, I weave it into what I'm already writing. The whole story becomes a bit of a inner thought process. I don't know. I remember doing it once (not for exam but for an assignment where I wrote about the process of writing the assignment and eventually led to other things and back again) and for some reason, my teacher liked it.

Ok ok. Not much of an advice. I really don't have much of a good idea except "Write whatever comes to mind." Seems to work for me. *shrug*

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Ohh!!

Maybe I really to know is how to abandon my proper pride when I sitting an emergency situation in the final time of JCEE English examination.

I always waste too much time at that time when I have no ideal idea.But when I got a good idea, I always discover I can't write it because of my poor amount of english words.

Mmmmm. How a barrier it is...

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

I believe the term is "Practice makes perfect"

Corrections:

Ohh!!

Maybe I really to know is how to abandon my proper pride when I sitting an emergency situation in the final time of JCEE English examination.

I always waste too much time at that time when I have no ideal idea.But when I got a good idea, I always discover I can't write it because of my poor amount of english words.

Mmmmm. How a barrier it is...

Maybe I should learn how to abandon my pride when I'm in an emergency such as sitting the finals for JCEE English examination.

Note: In fact, I have NO IDEA what you're trying to say here. Reword perhaps?

Ideal idea - I don't know, but I personally wouldn't use the two words together. Sounds weird but not wrong. *shrug* Whatever suits your fancy.

I always waste too much time when I don't come up with an ideal idea but when I do get a good idea, I always discover that I can't write it due to my lack of English vocabulary.

Note: DO NOT start sentences with "but". It's bad grammar. Also, try and shorten your sentences. Overlong sentences can be overly complicated.

For the above sentence, if you DO want to split up that sentence, instead of using "but", use "however".

I always waste too much time at that time when I don't come up with an ideal idea. However, when I do get a good idea, I always discover that I can't write it due to my lack of English vocabulary.

Another note: Maybe it's unintentional or just a simple typo but I tend to find people always forget to write the word "english" with a capital letter. It's a proper title so do refer to English as "English". (haha)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入