【Chat】Let's Quote

When reading a novel or watching a movie, you may find some ideas impressive. They might not have much to

do with the main idea of the whole work, but still powerfully touch you at a time. Would you guys like to share

your reflections? Let's quote!:D

(Make sure you told the title and the author, and better for novels, the page.)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

From Mitch Albom's The Five People You Meet in Heaven:

“That there are no random acts. That we are all connected. That you can no more separate one life from

another than you can separate a breeze from the wind. ” (48)

You can hardly imagine what your deeds might lead to. A mischief Eddie considered okay resulted in the Blue

Man's death. A kind act you show at once might save a soul from misery. Who knows? In the movie Wait Till

You're Older, a wise old man told the boy who wanted to grow up fast:“It's a pity that life can't be repeated,

yet it's also a blessing that it doesn't have to.”To lessen regrets, we'd better be kind and tolerant anyway.:)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
When reading a novel or watching a movie, you may find some ideas impressive. They might not have much to

do with the main idea of the whole work, but still powerfully touch you at a time. Would you guys like to share

your reflections? Let's quote!:D

(Make sure you told the title and the author, and better for novels, the page.)

Excuse me.....

I think you might went wrong the red clause.

"but" should be a conjunction here and the subject was missed.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

This is one of my English composition about 《 Tuesdays with Morrie 》, written by Mitch Albom.

How could I confront stressful and puzzling situations in my life, such as love, life, death ?I grow up finding answers from everyone and everything--- my parents, teachers, books, and films.Among them,《 Tuesdays with Morrie 》, enlightened me the most.

Morrie, Mitch Albom's professor while in college, taught him life and death, etc.Most people always puzzle about death.I used to assume that I would never meditate on decease.Not until I read 《 Tuesdays with Morrie 》did I start to muse about death and realize I might meet my fate anytime.Therefore, I should treasure everybody in my life, or I will regret when facing death.Morrie told me to pardon others before meeting death, and love people forever and ever.Everytime people offend or injure me, I always recall Morrie's words.Only if I forgive people hurting me will I become happier and more loving.In addition, Morrie stated "the most significant object in life is to learn love and be loved."I was such a young girl that I didn't really understand how to love and being loved.I was fearful of loving either unduly or insufficiently and had no idea how to accept love properly.After reading the book, I decided that forgiveness, love, and death are related closely to one another.If I can forgive people, I will love people , will be loved and then confront death; if I can confront death, I will be able to live fearlessly.As long as I live fearlessly, any difficulty in my life has no chance to defeat me.When it comes to death, I will brave it instead of feeling confused and discomposed .

《 Tuesdays with Morrie 》does impart me infinite wisdom of life, which is worth thinking over and over.However, there are numerously inspirational books as worthy to read carefully as《 Tuesdays with Morrie 》.Most important of all, I will practice valuable wisdom whenever I learn it.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
They might not have much to

do with the main idea of the whole work, but still powerfully touch you at a time.

Excuse me.....

I think you might went wrong the red clause.

"but" should be a conjuncttion here and the subject was missed.

It seems OK to me. Subjects can be elided.

BTW, you misspelled "conjunction" with an extra "t".

Here's one of my favorite, from Babylon 5 TV series' last episode "Sleeping in Light".

Babylon 5 was the last of the Babylon stations. There would never be another.

It changed the future, and it changed us. It taught us that we have to create the future, or others will do it for us. It showed us that we have to care for one another, because if we don't, who will?

And that true strength sometimes comes from the most unlikely places. Mostly, though,I think it gave us hope, that there can always be new beginnings. Even for people like us.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Wow, the other work of Mitch Albom's!

I only had a glimps on the Chinese version of "Tuesdays with Morrie".It was quite touching as well. Though the words of the old professor about life and death was wise, I still can't overcome the fear or sorrow of death. What I learned was that we should cherish the time of our life, leaving no regrets when death knocks. That would help us feel better....

That is to say, it is that lifetime is limited that we actively try to live out our value.:)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入