請各位推薦一下適合外文系大一生閱讀的英語雜誌~

感激不盡!!!

可以看Advanced 、時代解讀我覺得還不錯

讀者文摘也可以就是多看吧!(其實我比較想要看小說)

學校都有這些雜誌應該可已屆來看看

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 3 months later...
Why don't people read the news ONLINE?? It IS the Information Age you realise.

Check CNN or something and read their reports there. No need to waste money on newspaper subscriptions.

I want to jump at any chance to practice expressing, so I respond in Englsih.^^

I am interested in your opinions that you've posted here,

but not sure what kind of website is better, except for CNN or BBC, etc.

What is your take on this aspect for further Learning?

I think I need more information about daily life.

(News, entertainment, or environment... Everything is ok! )

Applying English to everyday life and some formal occasions is my goal!

So I hope you can give me some advice.

No matter what, thank you for the opinions!

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

For daily life eh?

Well, maybe, for a change, say when you're trying to search something online, use English search rather than Chinese search. For example, instead of using the Chinese version of Google search, change it to the English version and read whatever pops up.

As for news, the easiest way I can think of right now is use google news. It collects every single articles online into one page. Of course, what will happen when you type http://news.google.com is that it will come up with your OS' default language. Switch it to the English version and just browse around.

hmmmmm *thinks*

Ok, one of the key point in fusing a different language into your daily life is personal interest.

Example:

I learn Japanese as well (though not as part of school. More of a personal interest) and one of the ways I keep Japanese as part of my life is the following:

1. Read Japanese novels and mangas

2. Watch Japanese animes and dramas

3. Translate Japanese mangas and animes to English (mainly English - too many people doing Japanese to Chinese = =|||)

4. Join Japanese social clubs, attend regularly and practice with native speakers there

So here's a few things people might want to try out:

1. Read English novels. Be it one chapter per day, it doesn't matter. To enhance its benefit, write a review about it after finishing it.

2. Watch English shows or movies. Again, write reviews about it afterwards.

3. Listen to English radios. I'm sure there are free channels through podcasts these days. Don't know how it is in Taiwan but search around. In fact,

http://www.google.com.tw/search?complete=1&hl=zh-TW&q=English+online+radio&btnG=%E6%90%9C%E5%B0%8B&meta=cr%3DcountryTW

Repeat after the DJs even and try and imitate their accent for pronunciation practice.

4. Listen to English songs and check out the lyrics. Write a review for the music even.

5. Chat in English chatrooms or forums. This goes back to sticking to your interest. So, if you're interested in sports, find a sports forum. If you're interested in music, find a music forum. Very easy to find, as demonstrated below:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=zh-TW&q=Sports+forum&btnG=%E6%90%9C%E5%B0%8B&lr=lang_en

6. Read English magazines, adhering to your interest of course. You don't have to use subscription. EVERYTHING has a website these days. As follows:

http://www.time.com/time/

7. Read through www.wikipedia.org. Over BILLIONS of articles there. Just search for something you're interested in and read through it. Not only are you practicing your English, you're also LEARNING something

8. Going back to watching English shows, besides movies and TV shows, watch documentaries or even English news. I mean, Taiwan has like, over 100 channels or something, right? I'm *quite* sure there was at least one or two English news channel there. Watch those. In fact, whilst watching, write down anything you can hear that you don't understand and check the dictionary later. Instant improvement.

9. Find a club or community that gets you to interact with native English speakers and attend these clubs regularly.

There are PLENTY of ways to incorporate it into your daily life but main point is, make sure it adheres to your interest so that it's easier for you to stick with it. Say, for example, you like fashion. Read Vogue magazine or Bazaar (is that right? I'm not really into fashion) and find fashion forums to talk in and watch fashion channels. I mean, YouTube's a great source.

Or, if you like programming, talk in programming forums (everywhere. Best example - GameDev. In fact, this is what you come up when you type "Programming forums" in Google:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=zh-TW&q=programming+forums&btnG=%E6%90%9C%E5%B0%8B&lr=lang_en)

and read computing magazines eg. PCHome, Atomic, PCUser etc.

Ok, to sum it up (this has been one, huge, incoherent rant. I might need to come back and clean this up when I have a clearer head)

1. Pinpoint your interest (eg. Politics, sports, music, games etc.)

2. Search for resources in YOUR area of interest

Might come back to clean this up....

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
I am interested in your opinions that you've posted here,

but not sure what kind of website is better, except for CNN or BBC, etc.

The CNN and the BBC -- especially the BBC, is not only about news. They are involved in a myriad of programmes, projects, subsites, and other whatnots, thereby making them inexhaustible as far as on-line resources are concerned.

But in case you do manage to "run out," there are still the CBC, the Reuters, the Guardian, the Independent, the New York Times, the Reporters Sans Frontières, and so on. English is the hegemonic language of the Internet. You can't miss it. ^_<

And I think the BBC and the CBC, amongst others, are working with YouTube for content [re]distribution. This might be interesting/helpful to you.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Well, I'll tell you something. You're English is probably one of the best I've seen thus far - especially amongst your peers. (You are in middle school right?). I mean, for one, your grammar's pretty much nailed down, aside from a few *tiny* mistakes that even native speakers make. Keep up the good work. I think you'll be fine.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入