【Question】不是有個字尾是-ee

是的,這裡的 -ee 確實是「被……」的意思,但請記得英文是有許多字源的語言,所以不是所有的 -ee 都帶有這個意思。至於你提到的第二個例子:沒有這個字,就算在非正式場合下也幾乎沒有見過這種使用方式。

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 1 month later...

請問你在哪裡碰到fuckee 這個詞語?基本上沒有人會這樣說。那個Urbandictionary.com有很多幾乎不用的詞,大部分是15歲的孩子加的.

I'll explain this in English too - basically nobody ever uses that word. The urbandictionary is like a compilation of words that kids make up at school and for the most part aren't useful in daily language. If you see a word a lot in normal speaking, then by all means look it up in the urban dictionary. But otherwise I'd totally forget about that site.

But yes, fuckee would be taken as "someone who was ****ed" if you were to use it in speech (after maybe 10 seconds of confusion).

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

But on the topic of the -ee construction, here are some examples for you. You will see that like everything in English, there are exceptions to every rule.

Employer: 雇主

Employee: 雇員

Lessor: 房東

Lessee: 租方子的人

Educator: 老師 (one who educates others, 他的學生被教)

小心 - 沒有Educatee這個詞! 你需要說 "one who is educated" 或者比較簡單的說法就是 "student".

Referee: 裁判員

小心 - 沒有Referator 這個詞! Referee最後兩個字母不是被xxx的意思。一個Referee是要裁判別人的。:)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 2 weeks later...

Educator: 老師 (one who educates others, 他的學生被教)

小心 - 沒有Educatee這個詞! 你需要說 "one who is educated" 或者比較簡單的說法就是 "student".

沒有Educatee這個詞... 這個是什麼意思啊?

還有Educator是要搭配Educatee出現嗎?

Educator和teacher有什麼強度差別嗎?

能講清楚一點嗎? 非常感激!:E

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

As in "Educatee" is not part of the English language at all.

As above. There is NO SUCH WORD as "educatee".

Subtle difference but technically no difference. The only time I hear someone being called an educator is my headmistress (principal of the school). In speeches, she'll do something like, "As an educator blah blah blah". Teacher is more generic or rather, the actual noun for the profession.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

似乎你並不瞭解:一、Urban Dictionary 任何人都可以編輯;二、大多數人編輯 Urban Dictionary 時的態度。

英文字的使用本來就可以依使用當下的情況,和著機智、幽默作某種程度的再創作,但前提是你具有相當程度的語感和品味。總之,我仍然維持我原來說的:沒有這個字,就算在非正式場合之下也幾乎沒有見過這種使用方式。不過我願意承認這個敘述很可能因為你或你的朋友的品味而異。

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 3 weeks later...

名詞字尾-ee 是源自法文的變形規則

由動詞轉為人稱名詞,表被動

draftee "one who is drafted"(受徵召者)

其他諸如payee,appointee

有時該名詞雖然具被動意義,但並非由動詞變形得到,例如nominee(被提名者)、refugee(避難者)

有些則字面上難以解釋其被動意義,例如absentee(缺席者)

參考 新定版 文馨當代英漢字典 p.1766

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 2 weeks later...

能講清楚一點嗎? 非常感激!:E

one who is educated?

erudite.

Educator和teacher查查看

educator: one who educates,

A person or organisation with responsibility for developing, managing or delivering learning resources. This includes staff roles such as instructional designers, managers in educational institutions, learning technologist, teaching and learning support staff, and staff developers, as well as teachers.

這是Goog給的其中之一,我猜測educator作的事情比teacher高段

另外看educator, rhetor, teacher, pedagogue (from Grk. paidagogos)這些字

筆記:pedant = sb who is too concerned about friv. things or showing off knowledge ostentatiously, ref. pedantic

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Never heard of that word before until now. People won't really understand you if you don't explain. Urban Dictionary isn't really reliable, considering it's like wikipedia without moderators.

Be sure to use words understandable by most people if not all. Besides, what's the use of words if people don't understand them?

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Which word? Pedantic, I've heard of - not pedant.

As for Urban Dictionary - err....don't use it - AT ALL. It's a joke dictionary more so than a proper one. ie. People wrote bogus definition for a bit of laugh. However, I think none of the entires are quite as well written as "The Devil's Dictionary" :p

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入