Woman fatally shot in possible road rage incident off of I-35, suspect now in custody

Twitter Share Icon
Email Share Icon
One man is in custody and another person detained following what officers believe to be a road rage incident that left one woman dead off of I-35 in north Austin Saturday afternoon.

At just after 12:30p.m., police responded to the 9400 block of North I-35 northbound, just past the Rundberg Lane exit, after a female caller reported a driver had pulled a gun on her.

Police say later updates indicated the woman had also been shot.

When officers arrived at the original call's location, they were unable to locate the victim. However, upon searching the area with help from the Austin Police Communications Department, she was soon located in the 12000 block of North I-35 service road southbound, suffering from a gunshot wound.

Medics from both Austin-Travis County EMS and the Austin Fire Department arrived and continued the efforts, but the victim succumbed to her wounds and was pronounced deceased at the scene.

At this time, officials say the shooting is believed to have been the result of a road rage incident, but it is unclear what led up to its occurrence.

For several hours, detectives remained at the intersection of Park 35 Circle and the southbound I-35 service road where they believe the actual shooting took place.

More than eight hours later, the investigation led police to an apartment complex in the 1500 block of East Howard Lane, where a ~30-year-old male suspect believed to be involved in the incident had barricaded himself inside a residence.

With help from the Lonestar Fugitive Task Force, officers confirmed the suspect was at the location and began trying to call him out.

When he refused to comply, officers called in SWAT for assistance.

As SWAT team members were beginning to arrive, Lonestar Fugitive Task Force members were successful in reaching the suspect, who came out of the residence and surrendered without incident.

Police say they do not know yet what charges he will face.

According to APD, a second person, believed to be a female, was also identified and detained in connection to the shooting. Interviews were reportedly underway to determine her exact involvement.

The investigation remains ongoing, but officials say they believe all those involved in the incident have either been arrested or detained.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入