【Chat】how we are in foreigners' eyes?

well, just curious :-p

dont know if every asian girl does so,

but if i get to choose btw two boys,

one is taiwanese and the other is foreigner (no matter his color)

and they both have about the same qualities

i definitely choose the latter one ;;;

I'll say it's the curiosity of unknown.

do white people think about the same as we do?

(like exoticism is fabulous!)

or they just strongly believe white is the best??? (racism is still serious :|

the way they treat us and the way we treat them is kind of different somehow.

anyone knows? :^)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's my experience (I live in Australia).

I've met many Japophiles/Sinophiles (spelling?) in my life. They all emit the same "aura". Not quite sure how to explain it but in general, it makes me feel incredibly uncomfortable. (And they're not all "white").

I also know someone who kept changing wives - all Asians as well. ( =_=||| )

So quick answer to your question - yes. Just as many Asians find the "exotic" fascinating, Caucasians also find the "exotic" fascinating. Just that what each side find "exotic" is obviously different.

In Australia, there's also this fascination with accents. People seem to love Irish/Scottish accents. Really no particular reason. It's just "different".

Personally, I don't particularly like it when people date other people based on their race. It's a form of racism in my view. I have been asked out by someone and he actually said to me he likes me because I'm Taiwanese. I didn't like that. Not one bit.

As for your question about whether "white people" treat "us" differently - that depends on the person. At least, in my experience.

For people in my generation in Australia, we all grew up with various different cultures. We're all used to it. As far as we're all concerned, we're all Australian.

My boyfriend (he's Caucasian) certainly doesn't treat me any different to any of his other friends. Then again, we don't just hang with "Caucasians". Australia's filled with people from different culture. I have friends who don't even know what mix of race they are. We're all Australian in our view and as Australians, unless you're Indigenous, we're all from somewhere else. It's a given - and we don't let it dwell on us - at least not in my experience. The mix of culture is something that I think should be celebrated.

Having said that, racism exist everywhere. Pockets of Australia, and various Australians, are certainly racist. I've met my fair share during my life - but that's for another day.

Finally, my experience applies only in Australia. "White" people exist in all parts of the world. It also depends what immigration policies are like in each country. The attitude tends to be incredibly different in different parts of the world. They may all have "white" skin - but they're not the same.

If you think about it, we don't particularly like it when people ask us what's the difference between Japanese and Chinese (oh, I've had that plenty of times). To many Caucasians, we look the same. That usually offends us. But the reverse is the same.

此內容已被編輯, ,由 MikiRei
鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Maybe to add to this mix, I know ABC's that refuse to date Asian girls.

But then there are also ABCs that I know that ONLY dates Asian girls.

The former rejected their Asian heritage while the latter is desperately looking for a way to connect back.

On another note, I have a Chinese friend who originally said she will never date non-Asians and can't see herself dating one.

She's now happily married to a Jewish guy. People change. :)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 2 weeks later...

thanks, guys :-))

i guess i know what MikiRei means...

it was really racism doing so, to like or dislike someone based on their race...

both is kinda improper in some way///

well...immigrants here, the city i live, are still rare...

it always surprises me to meet with someone who look extremely different in all ways xDD

but i understand what yo mean :-D hehe

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

to be honest... your qestion to begin with... is really racist... no offence... but its true

"two boys have the same quality" (quality arent countable)

as if boys are object?

but back to the subject, what do foreigner think about us?

what do you think about me? will it be the same how another taiwanese stranger think about me?

despite the nation and race of the "foreigner", do you think they think the same?

lets take caucasian for example (white people), there are american caucasian, german caucasian, british caucasian, etc t-hey all have different point of view. and for say american there are also african-american and even america born chinese (abrv. ABC) who also think differently to asian, even you specifically point out which race it is they still think differently. i mean... it just racist to think all american think they are superior.

what im trying to say is... if you want to know how they think of you... why dont you just ask, and if hes the boy youre gon-na be with... shouldnt you know him well? or you just chose him for the sake that his not asian... that hurts alot of asian guys </3

jezz... im typing up an essay here

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入