Has anyone studied at UPenn

I have got accepted into UPenn MS Biotech.

Can people who have studied at UPenn please give some insights into the school?

Things such as the C/P value. Is it worth it to spend a load of money to go to UPenn?

What do you like the most at UPenn?

What is the weather like in Philadelphia?

Thank you in advance for your input.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 3 weeks later...

I go to UPenn... I like it, but I sometimes do wonder if it's actually worth the money. Not just Penn--but any private school in general. The campus is great, and the school has plenty of extremely useful resources (which is expected, for the amount of tuition that we're paying).

The professors and students are amazing, and if anything, they are the ones that's making tuition worthwhile.

Philly is okay--It's just a typical city, lots going on around here. I'm not a big fan of the city, but I do enjoy my time here. As for weather... I don't have much to compare. I'm from Maryland, and its weather is just about the same lol

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Oh and sandman's right that people are quite friendly in Philly. Several times I've left my wallet/purse behind, and people went out of their ways to return them to me. It's also extremely diverse. I forgot to mention how many Asian people are at UPenn!

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Thank you so much forlornha

Weather is quite a big factor for me in choosing which school to attend. Couple years ago, I went to Philadelphia for a trip. During the one week stay, it was 4 days of heavy cloud, 2 days of partly cloud, and only 1 sunny day. It gave me a feeling of depression. Is the weather like that in general through out the year?

On the other hand, I'm also considering going to JHU. Is there more sunny days and less snowy days in Baltimore than in Philadelphia?

After spending 4 yrs in SoCal (It's 65 degree F now during the day), I dunno if I can take on the extreme hot summer and extreme cold winter anymore XD"

此內容已被編輯, ,由 ting771210
鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

LOL YOU'VE ASKED THE RIGHT PERSON! I'm from Columbia, Maryland, which is just 15 minutes away from Baltimore! The weather's not really that different, since Baltimore is only about 2 hours away from Philly. Philly has been pretty cold for the past week, and it's generally between 30-40 during the winter months. It's not particularly cloudy... I have no idea what it's like in California, but I personally don't find Baltimore/Philly cloudy all the time. I lived in Taiwan between 8 and 16, and I don't find the weather particularly different (except a little colder)

I go to the pool and beaches frequently over the summer, and it's sunny enough for me to get a nice tan! We like to say April shower bring May flower... so it does get rainy in April--if that helps.

What I can say is that a few of my classmates are from Cali, and they needed to buy winter coats when they came. So I'm sure it's significantly colder.

If you are looking for warmer places, my friends from Florida loved the weather there and claimed that it's very similar to cali (with more hurricane and less earthquake).

Add me on facebook if you have more questions! My name is Amber Farn.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

請登入後來留意見

在登入之後,您才能留意見

立即登入