msn: [email protected]

gmail:[email protected]

AIM:georgetangqq (不太用)

在深藍幾乎都是潛水; 不過有空還是來抬頭換個氣吧 XD

(貌似回帖回的有點晚了耶... =" = )

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

暱稱:alien

所在地:Oslo, Norway (a country up north, with snow as her sister, speaking a beautiful language with beautiful landscape :))

就讀學校:school will not be easily remembered, lets say I am currently in my last year of the IB Diploma system, taking my exams in 2009 May.

未來計話就讀的學校:have not made up my mind yet

未來學習科目:Business Administration; Hotel Management; English/American Literature; Biotechnology; Psychology; and/or as a last option: Law

興趣:reading (literature, fantasy, sci-fiction, crime, history, auto/biography, drama, script, plays, and a lot more!!! I basically love everything!), swimming, skating! <3, surfing and lingering on facebook ^^ , MOVIES!!! (both modern day movies, and black and white movies!) e.g. It happened One Night; Some Like it Hot; the Odd Couple; Rear Window; SINGIN' IN THE RAIN; and so much more, I also like being in MUN :D, meeting new friends, and of course, shopping :)

自介:Hi, my name is Sandra, I do have a chinese name, but i prefered to be known has Sandra. Im Taiwanese, but has lived half of my life outside lha Formosa. I am currently living in Norway, the worlds most expensive country, sadly I dont speak Norwegian. I love MUN, and have been to two conferences with my school already. HMUN 2008 in Haarlem, the Netherlands; and SANMUN 2008 in mainland Norway. and How old am I? that will be a question that you will need to find the answer yourself :)

I would love to make new friends, talk about movies, MUN, or just whats going on in Taiwan would be great!!

msn: [email protected] (plz specify your username if you are one of the users here :) )

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
....., I also like being in MUN :D, meeting new friends, and of course, shopping :)

QUOTE]

great!!! so now we have 2 MUN members here, you and aya! i'm going to found a MUN club in my school next year after i finish 基測, so wait for me! i'll bother you and aya with tons of Qs XDDD

i'll add you in my friend's list ASAP...can't login into any MSN-related website/software right now :'(

i have a friend from slovenia. she told me about the IB program in her country but it's kind of different from the IB program morgan described, hers is more about learning english and how to get into a good college while morgan's is more like a research-based program (i'm not sure if it's appropriate to say so...:P). so what's your IB program like? i was looking on the IB program's offical website, and in TW, only taipei european school has IB program. :(

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

I know!! MUN rocks!!! when i was in 明德國中時, i had no idea what that was, until i attended the highschools here :) :) although i only have a year's experience on the subject, but i am more than happy to answer you ^^

my IB, is also known as The International Baccalaureate Diploma Program, it is a two year course, you have to chose 6 or 7 subjects in order to get your Diploma, and hence graduate. you have to have at least 3 High level subjects, which has a lesson of 5 hours a week. Also you need to write a 4000 words Essay on a topic of your own choice, 1500 words on a TOK (Theory of Knowledge) essay (this is the course every IB student needs to take, you learn 'what is knowledge' and 'how do you know that we exist' things along those lines) and last, but not least, 150 hours even spread between Action,(i.e. sports) Creativity and Community Servive activities.

There are only 2 IB schools in Taiwan, and I think their are all in Taipei, and both in International Schools :D

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

haha, Janet, don't worry, what you said is pretty accurate xD

Hi Gingerpuss, I am also in IB. this is my second year now. Are you going to choose IB Physics or IB Biology?

I'm going to restart my EE soon, and might spend the entire winter working on my project. orz My topic for EE is to write a program which will determine the orbit of any kind of planetary. I highly suggest you do history or English because doing EE in science is going to take up lots of time. But if you are a science lover, then it will be another story. :)

nice to meet you, im so glad i know more and more IB students now xDDD

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

MUN = Model United Nations

我一直很想要參加 IB Program, 因為我喜歡寫報告、做研究>單方面吸收,不過我沒有外國籍所以進不去台灣的 international schools >"<

我去年去美國前也不知道 MUN 這個活動:P

MUN 最近在台灣才剛起步,由台大帶頭來做,雖然如此,很多高中還是擔心會影響學生課業,學生們自己也是很擔心‥所以路還很漫長,同志仍須努力~!

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Hi Morgan, thanks for the advice :) I have already written and handed in my EE :) I wrote in English, my topic was "the english influence in Taiwan" ^^

I take IB biology :D I dont understand physics, and dont even think about chemistry ^^

my other subjects are, History, Math, English A2 and Biology in HL. Chinese Self-Taught and Economics SL.

Hi Cosomyr, Norway is lovey, nice and Norwegians are very friendly :D

and ever seen how the people in UN debate and get together? Thats what Model UN is about, its like teenage kids get together and sit and debate and dress formal ^^

Reply to J:D, I personally think that MUN does not get effect your school work. You learn lots from it, technics of speaking formally, using parlimantry language, and the skills to write resolutions. It helps a lot. But I believe with few resources in Taiwan, and the not-so-frequently used skills in English, it will be chanllenge for Taiwanese students.

btw, do you know any uni´s in Taipei besides 台大 that have MUN? because I am going back in the summer to start university, and it will be really nice if I can apply to a school that has MUN :) thanks.

and I hereby also apoligize for the vast amount of English here, the computer I am using now does not allow me to type Chinese. :( I can only copy and paste.

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
Hi Morgan, thanks for the advice :) I have already written and handed in my EE :) I wrote in English, my topic was "the english influence in Taiwan" ^^

I take IB biology :D I dont understand physics, and dont even think about chemistry ^^

my other subjects are, History, Math, English A2 and Biology in HL. Chinese Self-Taught and Economics SL.

\No way, you got to be kidding me, you handed in your EE? xDD omg, i thought you are a junior?

the classes i have taken and is currently taking are

Chemistry SL, English A1 HL (this one is really hardcore, but i have no choice), Physics HL, TOK, Chinese Self-taught, American History HL, I didnt take IB Math, but i took the test of it :)

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
....., I also like being in MUN :D, meeting new friends, and of course, shopping :)

QUOTE]

great!!! so now we have 2 MUN members here, you and aya! i'm going to found a MUN club in my school next year after i finish 基測, so wait for me! i'll bother you and aya with tons of Qs XDDD

i'll add you in my friend's list ASAP...can't login into any MSN-related website/software right now :'(

i have a friend from slovenia. she told me about the IB program in her country but it's kind of different from the IB program morgan described, hers is more about learning english and how to get into a good college while morgan's is more like a research-based program (i'm not sure if it's appropriate to say so...:P). so what's your IB program like? i was looking on the IB program's offical website, and in TW, only taipei european school has IB program. :(

Yep, TES only has that IB program ( alumni here!), im from germany. :D

I had my IB in history, and something else.... :P

so Gingerpuss, u r living in Oslo, NORGE! lol.

Det er fantastik! so... hvorfor er du også i Norge?

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

Yep, TES only has that IB program ( alumni here!), im from germany. :D

I had my IB in history, and something else.... :P

so Gingerpuss, u r living in Oslo, NORGE! lol.

Det er fantastik! so... hvorfor er du også i Norge?

yeah, Im living in Norway, but not norwegian, Im made in Taiwan :P

I'm suprised there are ppl who do IB, I thought I was the minorities :P :P

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 3 weeks later...
暱稱:Alex

所在地:上課在 Cambridge/Boston, Massachusetts (劍橋/波士頓, 麻州), 家在 Queens, NY (皇后區, 紐約)

就讀學校:Harvard College (哈佛大學)

未來計話就讀的學校:N/A

未來學習科目:N/A

興趣:Lacrosse, sleep.

自介:Hi. My friend Morgan just introduced me to this forum. I was born in Kaohsiung, raised in Taichung, moved to NY when I was 12, and came to Cambridge, MA, after high school. I saw a few of u live around Boston or Queens and that's quite exciting! Hope to get to know all of you! :)

msn: [email protected]

yahoo: 給太多到時候很亂 - 要再另外問

gmail: 給太多到時候很亂 - 要再另外問

AIM: 給太多到時候很亂 - 要再另外問

hey,

我也在boston 讀書。

我在Boston College

你好你好

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
暱稱:alien

所在地:Oslo, Norway (a country up north, with snow as her sister, speaking a beautiful language with beautiful landscape :))

就讀學校:school will not be easily remembered, lets say I am currently in my last year of the IB Diploma system, taking my exams in 2009 May.

未來計話就讀的學校:have not made up my mind yet

未來學習科目:Business Administration; Hotel Management; English/American Literature; Biotechnology; Psychology; and/or as a last option: Law

興趣:reading (literature, fantasy, sci-fiction, crime, history, auto/biography, drama, script, plays, and a lot more!!! I basically love everything!), swimming, skating! <3, surfing and lingering on facebook ^^ , MOVIES!!! (both modern day movies, and black and white movies!) e.g. It happened One Night; Some Like it Hot; the Odd Couple; Rear Window; SINGIN' IN THE RAIN; and so much more, I also like being in MUN :D, meeting new friends, and of course, shopping :)

自介:Hi, my name is Sandra, I do have a chinese name, but i prefered to be known has Sandra. Im Taiwanese, but has lived half of my life outside lha Formosa. I am currently living in Norway, the worlds most expensive country, sadly I dont speak Norwegian. I love MUN, and have been to two conferences with my school already. HMUN 2008 in Haarlem, the Netherlands; and SANMUN 2008 in mainland Norway. and How old am I? that will be a question that you will need to find the answer yourself :)

I would love to make new friends, talk about movies, MUN, or just whats going on in Taiwan would be great!!

msn: [email protected] (plz specify your username if you are one of the users here :) )

hi,

u live in Oslo ? wow, it's a beautiful place.

I went to Norway last summer to visit my aunt in Bergen and Oslo. I love the country.

I'm just curious, but how do you communicate in school if u don't speak Norwegian? I thought Norwegian is Norway's official language/

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
hi,

u live in Oslo ? wow, it's a beautiful place.

I went to Norway last summer to visit my aunt in Bergen and Oslo. I love the country.

I'm just curious, but how do you communicate in school if u don't speak Norwegian? I thought Norwegian is Norway's official language/

Its beautiful in summer, but really really cold and DARK in winter :)

The system I go to, (IB) uses English to teach their students :D so its ok if one of two dont speak norwegian :P so its like...the school is fulled of english speaking norwegians :P there is the other system, which is the normal norwegian high school, that is totally in Norwegian :P

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站
  • 4 weeks later...

暱稱:Jimmy

所在地:Virginia, U.S.A

就讀學校:Denbigh High School

未來計話就讀的學校:University of Virginia

未來學習科目:Biomedical Engineering

興趣:reading(L), listening to music...nothing special enough to shock people

自介:I came to the U.S two years ago, and I am going to college this year.

msn:

yahoo:dick79930

gmail: [email protected]

AIM:kimchi1943

鏈接文章
分享到其他網站

暱稱:阿翔、翔哥(但我是女的)

所在地:Hudsonville, Michigan US

就讀學校:Unity Christain High School

未來計話就讀的學校:有Music production科系的學校,還不確定

未來學習科目:Music Production

興趣:音樂,電吉他,樂團,畫漫畫,創作小說,寫詞寫曲